1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Not anatomically correct...

Nov 27, 2009

1. I don't have a problem with the leg proportions or skinny girls with big boobies, but that could be because my legs are about 2/3 of my body and I am a skinny girl with big boobies.

I do find it funny that girl dolls have big boobies and boy dolls tend to have tiny peenies.

2. You are quite correct of course. One of the worst ones that I have seen that comes to my mind is the Luts "Super Senior Delf" boy body. The first time I saw the photos of the body I thought they looked terrible, just like skeletons over which the appearance of muscle definition had been laid but without the muscle bulk which should accompany it. It is one of the most emaciated "muscular" bodies I have ever seen. Admitedly, it does not look as bad in person but, it is still far too scrawny for all that supposed muscle. I don't think one should be able to count bones as well as muscles...IMHO. I'm not crazy about the lollipop look so many of our hollywood celebs have popularized and is turning up in a number of dolls - the stick body making the head look huge. But this is just me of course. That is one reason I love my Limhwa girl, she is curvy and has larger limbs than most other dolls - a bit closer to realistic. Again just my opinion. ;)

3. Uh, yeah. Skinny with larger boobs here, all by ol' little natural self, though I can't claim to be as perfect/aesthetically pleasing as the girl dolls. It certainly isn't "fake" or impossible or (barring an obvious bit of exaggeration) anatomically incorrect.

That being said, I do wish certain girl dolls would have slightly wider waists when looking head-on in comparison to their breasts (Like SG girls). I just don't find a huge difference between breasts and waists that attractive (The "bee waists", I think they're called) , it's actually kind of scary-looking to me... I lost weight about a month ago and had such a scary skinny waist, and just looking in the mirror I'd be like ":horror:".

I also agree with whoever mentioned the Souldoll dog - and guys with narrow shoulders in comparison to a bobble head. Doesn't matter how great the rest of the guy doll is, if he's a melon head with a skinny neck and narrow shoulder he's not coming home. I'd hesitate to call that completely "anatomically incorrect" since the dolls are stylized, but I don't think it's all that attractive.

Also, I like long limbs, but sometimes they're just.... Too long. It's usually the really realistically-sculpted ones with short torsos that look off - for example, Lati and Feeple guys have really long legs but it works with the rest of their lanky self and doesn't look bad, just really stylized. It just doesn't work out in some of the other dolls, because they keep the realistic proportions but make the legs longer at the expense of shortening the torso.

4. "Michelangelo" boobs do irritate me XD Y'know, the ones that just look like someone's cut a melon in half and glued each piece to the chest :lol:

In general, I quite like the exaggerated proportions of some dolls. I think the Rosette girls are spectacular. I don't mind when the doll doesn't look in any way human, hehe. I mean, they're dolls; why not go the whole hog!

I totally get that it's not everyone's cup o' joe, however ^_^/ But I do love cartoons and cartooning... maybe that has something to do with it? I like exaggerated characteristics... ^^

5. Souldoll's new dog bjd... the first photo I saw of him was his head and I was like... COOL! A dog!... then I saw the rest of him and the first thing that came to mind was 'Real dog paws do NOT work that way!'. Of course I'm referring to the awkward paw/ankle joints that poor dog has. Being a dog person myself, I can't help but zone in on that every time I look at that dog bjd :sweat

Other than that... while it doesn't irk me as much as the dog paw joints do and I'm guilty of having a doll that has these... I do laugh a little every time I see a new SD sized doll that has lanky legs that go on for miles. Makes me feel nostalgic like I'm looking at some 70s anime bishonen or something XD

6. I prefer strange quirks that dolls have. I like loooong legs, and big hips and big boobs (which are not easy to sculpt by the way, which is why most are so completely round I guess). Only thing I find annoying is the bobblehead effect.
      I love the dollmore big busted girls because they are simply hilarious. You can put on a doll what a real person could never have, such as a scorpion tail, which in my opnion looks pretty realistic if you think about that it was the first time it's ever been done in this hobby.

7. The long legs. It makes the dolls look graceful, but makes posing a pain. My mum says Teal looks like a grasshopper :( Also the crazy bubblehead of CP Delfs. Try sewing a hoody for a doll with a head like a snowdome- it's just ridiculous.
      Still, I love him and I think he's beautiful no matter what ^^

8. The legs up to the armpit that the Mecha Angels seem to have. I've seen one in person and it seriously boggled me and had me scratching them off my want list regardless of how pretty I found some of the sculpts. That's just too much leg for my tastes. I'm also not a fan of some of the scrawny boys you see out there. While I'd love to see a doll done up body builder big *wistful sigh*, a little meat to go with the muscle definition shown wouldn't hurt some dolls.

9. I generally appreciate the stylization of the sculpts . But like several already said, not a fan of the michaelangelo half melon breast-shape and would love to see more dolls who don't look like they either have implants or are wearing a push-up bra.

10. I don't like big heads period. I'm also not fond of the Elfdoll body with the smashed breasts. The original Elfdoll body had beautiful breasts especially the large busted on.

11. The only thing that bugs me is obvious asymmetry in doll heads. In some companies it's totally noticeable because the sales pictures are so bad; in others it's like taking a crap shoot because the sale pictures, while good, are meant to hide the asymmetry!

Breasts on dolls usually don't bother me... dolls aren't squishy like humans and they do wear clothes so sculptors have to make it so they look like they are wearing bras all the time. The purpose of a bra (at least a pushup one) is to give the breast a "pasted-on balloon" shape, right? It's like Barbie: she's always wearing clothes so she has to have "bra-shaped" breasts that look good under clothes.

Souldoll's new dog made me ROFL; it looks like a scary, long-necked, monster horse-dog :lol:

12. Ah, let me count the ways....

Too small heads
      Too small hands and feet
      No nose bridges (even on 'realistic' faces)
      No brow ridges (just a smooth blank expanse)
      No lip edges (see above)
      Too long Legs (too 'Barbie')
      Eyes that are just holes (no sculptural detail)

I didn't mention boobs because I tend to sand 'em off anyway! XD

I don't mind weirdness in certain stylized sculpts, in fact I'd like to see MORE weirdness, less conformity!

But those are my general anatomical gripes!
      Raven

13. I like the asymmetry in some doll heads; I think it can be cute. The CP mature body with large breasts took some getting used to, but when she's clothed, she looks 'normal'.

@monkeycancer: I am a small-sized person with a large, natural bust. Bodies like that -do- exist and are just as awful to shop for as clothes for busty dolls. :| I can understand your complaint, though. People with that shape are often made that way by surgical alteration, which isn't an appealing thought to some.

14. lately big heads are bothering me a lot, so I have been changing my sculpts to get rid of my "big heads". I love the stylised long legs and williowy bodies, but boobs drive me nuts. I do not care if they are huge, but not ALWAYS huge please? Also I hate when boobs look like they are wearing a pushup bra! I love Iplehouse's Jessica, when I see her, big or medium bust version, I look and can see her boobs have weight, they are not just stuck on the front, they um...hang...you know? I like that, it is more real and far more sexy than a pair of surgically implanted grapefruit. I go to strip clubs now and then, it can be a silly fun romp and most of the girls are great to talk to, but I gotta say it is always a strike in the negative if I see a skinny little girl with grapefruit boobs. Sorry, nope, not appealing to me. Tiny, ski jump, sagging, weighty, boobs that have reality to them are better. About the most fake I can handle a doll looking are the CP ones, I look at them and say "well....she has implants but at least they are not standing TOTALLY up on their own." Sometimes it makes me wonder if the sculptors have ever seen a naked woman. (as a clarification I have no issues with augmentation, just with BAD grapefruit or watermelon type augmentation)

Penises also bother me. I mean..I feel bad for my dolls. Most of my boys are hung like little kids, and yes I know all the reasons, that originally they were not made to be adults but kids and teens, that they are much easier to dress with flatter junk, but jees, there is a point. I have a Lost Angel boy, he is decently hung (bigger than Hound) but my DoT I feel bad for. I also get very tired of the pointy foreskin uncircumcised look. I mean a doll does not have to be circumcised, but a LITTLE detail is nice, an uncircumcised one does not look like a sausage between the legs!

Another gripe I have is the lack of care at times in the placement of doble joints, Souldoll has stunning sculpts, but the "knee" part is just too big a joint, I would accept a little gaping to not have what equates to a foot long knee joint.

I hear a lot of mention of Souldoll Grey as well, I only have one issue with Grey, the joint at his fetlock, just above his foot. Um....paws do not fold like that and it looks awkward, they could have put the joint lower, or had an extra joint lower, and given him much more natural looking paws...but that said Grey is OT on the forums folks

15. Busoms! Please give us nice, natural breasts! :eusa_pray No silicone, no push up bra, no "apples stuffed inside the skin" boobs...

It can't be too much to ask, can it? :|

16. OMG yes!!!! I'm SO GLAD my sooah has the old body, I love it dearly. Looking at the new one with those freaky boobs all crushed together....I just could never have that in my house w/o giving a little shudder : P *clutches Sooah thankfully with her old-style 3 part body*

My other pet peeves are bobble heads, and uber skinny thighs...I always think "oh my, that doll is up for a heart attack if they ever gain any weight cos they'll be one of those barrel-bodied ppl and won't have proper circulation through their legs : O"

17. Why do we need our dolls to be more realistic? Don't most of us live/work/associate with actual people? Understandably, you may want certain things to look more real,(gender bits and what not) but I kind of feel like the rest isn't necessary (realistic horse proportions?), as dolls, they are all fantasy, so why change a good thing? And besides- that's what reality is for- looking real. XD

18. Im not so picky when it comes to the doll itself, Though i do have a pet peeve for missing things (like heliot missing an upper lip indent!) and bobbleheads even when they arent hybrids. However, I adore the stylized scuplts of rosettdoll and the dollmore huge boobs. It just makes the sculpt look unique, gotta love the mile long legs!

19. Well, it's aesthetics, I think. As in, "I would like to see more dolls with ______". Or, "I would love that sculpt, except _____ bothers me". Or to put it another way, all dolls are stylized, but some stylizations (long necks, for example) please me; others don't.
      I am really over teeny teeny narrow noses, especially on girls. I feel like it just looks weird. And I am not a fan of the torpedo boobies either--big is fine, but the globe type are strange. I like when they look sort of natural, like Planetdoll boobies.
      I also am bothered by dolls that have childlike heads and super-curvy womanly bodies--especially Volks (heresy, I know). And yes, this bothers me about a lot of anime too. I like grown-up looking dolls.
      I actually love the long legs, though. I make cloth dolls, and they were always crazy leggy even before I discovered BJDs. It does make dolls look sort of spidery, but in a cool way.

20. SOOM's larger dolls (like the Cass and Heliot) really bug me for some reason. I think it's the lankiness and they look like they're starving.