1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Not anatomically correct...

Nov 27, 2009

1. Yeah...My BBB Weylin has something that looks akin to a hot dog weiner attached to his crotch area

2. Gotta agree with those too!!!!! Especially on the first one. it's very unnatural seeing dolls with long pointy nose but no nose bridge..... Also, I don't like seeing sculpts with "michael jackson" style of nose....... It really bothers me.

That's a reason why I love Little Monica scuplts, since their noses are more natural than most companies, bigger in size and wider nose bridge.

Nose often put a sculpt off me. I used to really like B&G Aurora, but as I see her more intensely, I think her nose is wayyyy too skinny. And Sinyland bless too. I think from the side their noses are too high and too pointy -_-

3. I don't even own my first doll yet, but there are a lot of things that bother me about certain sculpts. Until I can afford to sculpt my own, I may doing doing heavy mods to faces and bodies to get the effect I want.

I'm getting a Souldoll Liddell - and sometimes when I look at her face sculpt, I'm all like T___T She has no eyebrows!

4. My biggest pet peeve about any doll is the FEET!!! How can they come out and call these dolls anatomically correct just because they have private parts? What about their damn feet??? :evil: I think instead of wasting time on sculpting little weenies, that are just going to be covered with clothes 95% of the time anyway, perhaps they should spend some time giving their feet a realistic length!

I have spoken. :|

5. The boobies, definitely... My Bobobie looks like she has 2 half oranges glued to her chest. The doll with the realistically sculpted breasts gets my vote! And knees are also a pet peeve -- those that leave a gaping hole when bent. I've reached the point where I almost always go for the knees before checking the rest of the body...

6. The boobs really don't bother me much. In fact, I dislike waify girls only when they have zero chest! I dislike the "immature" look that a large portion of the Mini dolls out there have. My Asleep Eidolon Slim Mo is as waify as I like them, but she has a chest, a small one.

I think the only dolls that really bother me proportionally are almost ALL YoSD dolls. I don't like their weird chibi proportions. The only 27CM range dolls I do like are of the type that I own, the Bobobie and ResinSoul kids. The BBB/RS kids are designed to appear taller and thinner than most Yos, who are very stout and square looking to me. I just don't like it!

I really like the Slim dolls.

7. No-- unrealistic fantasy proportions are why I collect dolls & not actual people. Some of my boys are more realistically-shaped than others, but all of them are wildly exaggerated, and all to beautiful effect. My EID strongman is the perfect curvy double-wide shape for a strongman; my Mecha Angel merman is the perfect hyperelongated seaweed-thin shape for a merman. My Rei-Tenshi imp is shaped like a lima bean, which is perfect for an imp, and my SD13s are shaped like a gaggle of leggy bright-eyed anime schoolboys, which is exactly what they are. If I want to see realistic human proportions, I'll go look at my friends.

It makes me roll my eyes when people complain about how a centaur isn't constructed correctly or a unicorn's horn is on wrong or a dragon has this kind of claws & not that kind - dude, next time you run into a real centaur/unicorn/dragon, you take a picture of it with your cellphone & PROVE it to me. Lighten up and let people sculpt their fantasies.

I am definitely glad that I don't collect girl dolls; in addition to the questions of proportion and sculpture, you've also got the question of hooters, of shape and volume and form and then fitting it all with a blouse that suits her style as well as fitting her rack. And it's really remarkable, so many lovely girl bodies out there have such awful tits! >.< I'd hate to have to bother with that.

8. It's usually the head/neck/shoulder proportions that bother me. I prefer my dolls not to look like I can snap their neck in two. Especially since I've been hunting for something on the more realistic side lately (bugs me a little less on the anime-ish-er ones).

9. I completely agree! Ugh I was just going to rant about SOOM hybrid knee joints. I also look at knee joints b4 I ever put a doll on my wishlist.

There is a lot of griping about souldolls animal sculpts, and I must say when I see Chiron I love him till I see his silly scrawny belly. Tho, I really don't see much of a problem with Gray's Anatomy :eusa_sile. But being as I am an artist working on sculpting myself: DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FRIGGIN HARD IT IS TO WORK ANATOMY AND POSEABILITY INTO THE SAME PROJECT! :doh If Chiron had a real round horse belly then his hind legs would bump into it when they came forward lol! It's hard resin peeps!

Anyhoo MY pet peeves are knees as stated, ugly flat/pointy boobs, and BUTTS lol. A doll is beautifull, then it turns around and... WTF GRANNY BUTT!

I like round nice boobs personally, even tho I know that most natural boobs are at least a bit pointy, I want perfection in a doll, not too much realism. I want my doll to have the looks and bod that I was not graced with!

I do agree that half melons glued to the chest are ugly tho, they need to slope down and gradually come to that sensual roundness.

My opinion: Minifee large bust active line bodies are PERFECT! The bust size fits the body build, the torso joints show realistic bend points while being quite flush and smooth. Knees and elbows look good when bent while still giving a great range of movement. And they have such lovely little round booties :D LOVE EM!

10. Oh man, you're just making me want that MiniFee all the more.... *grabby hands*

Also, "GRANNY BUTT". I laughed so hard I scared the cats. :lol:

11. I agree with the Souldoll dog comments. I'm also a dog lover, and having been to dog shows, seen actual dogs, and ( *artist* ) studied photos of their skeletons to get their proportions right, I can say that....it looks like they tried to make an emaciated horse with the face of a dog. Their legs do not have joints like those :? Poor things.

As for human dolls....mm. Maybe it's because I'm more artistically interested in animals, but the human proportions are fairly aesthetically pleasing to me. I like the long legs and narrow shoulders. I just usually don't like things like... eyes that look like long bananas melting off the sides of their faces, and extremely pointy and narrow noses. That's about it though.
      Can't say much for the weird peenies and boobs. Don't have any girl dolls, and my boy is a DoC XD His peen is so small it might as well not be there at all, and he has no balls. But he fits into pants like a dream, and you don't get that awkward feeling when you pick him up and he's sitting in your hand and you get the weird pointy dolly peen to the hand through the clothes.

Ah well. My two cents :sweat

12. Soom's Bygg and Beyla's unicorn horns......... They have too much of a baby face to have grown unicorn horns..... They would be much cuter with baby unicorn horn stubs. (like just starting to grow a horn type.)
      Saying this because I own two of these cuties but that bothers me about them*_*

13. Yeah, the bodies are really stylistic. Sometimes I wonder how some dolls can stand!

The things I notice most about my dolls are that their legs are extremely long- of course. However, although their arms are pretty in preportion the their legs ( the wrist and fingers falling where they would in relation to the thighs and knees, etc), they are NOT in preportion to their giant heads! A human can bend their elbow and rest their arm on the top of their head- my DOCs cannot.

So, to make the body correct, pretty much everything would have to be reworked! The arms may be correct with the legs, but then they are not with the head. So then you would have to modify the head, the arms and the legs, etc, until you get a correct doll that doesn't really suit my aesthetics...

However, thier are aspects of dolls that coiuld be so much better! XD But, I like to think that there is a really nice variety of styles available. It would be nice to see more, though, huh? :3

14. The one that drives me absolutely CRAZY is when the head/shoulder ratio is out of whack. DO NOT WANT BOBBLEHEADS.

15. I really have to agree on the boobs that are so big they could take over a small country. My Bobobie Sprite has the most ridiculous boobs that I thought about modding the minute they came out of the box. Making clothes to fit over those damn mountains sucks. It wouldn't seem so off if her waist wasn't tiny. In real life she'd be flopping on her face all the time from the weight.

16. The boobs really bother me, if they're not sculpted to look real. dolls with boobs that look like they're wearing a bra all the time really bother me. I know most of the time these dolls are clothed... but I like the option of nudity and tasteful nude photoshoots- a thing that really can't happen unless they have realistic boobs!
      That and the boob to bottom ratio, no matter how big a dolls boobs seem to be, their bottoms never seem to be as big- and there are very few dolls with bottoms that are proportionally bigger than their boobs. (I think there's an artist's sculpt...?)
      As a skinny girl with big boobs, I feel the pain of trying to dress dolls who are stick thin with big boobs- welcome to my nightmare... but at least mine don't resemble melons... I do wonder sometimes if the sculptor has looked at breasts (weather real, or pictures of real) or if they're just making it up slightly. TBH tho, a lot of the manga/ anime I have seen have girls with melon shaped boobs if they're big, so it may just be a styalistic thing?

17. Quoted for truth.

I don´t mind the bigger breasts as long as they are are shaped and hang realistically.
      And I´d love to see a smaller bust option on the bigger, mature girls like the Super Gems.

18. I actually think that, with the exception of some of the recent busty sculpts, most BJD breasts are quite small! So to me it's interesting to see that most people apparently think the opposite. :sweat

Though size aside, I do hate how tacked on some doll breasts look. They should look like they're in a bra, so they look nice under clothing, but they should still grow naturally from the torso in a smooth line, not a right angle!

19. I wish DoC penises were better >>;
      those poor boys...

20. Wow, I'm actually the opposite of the majority when it comes to doll breasts. I hate pointy saggy boobs unless it's a tiny pair on a prepubescent doll. I mean my dolls aren't hippies, I want them to look like they're wearing a bra. (since they either will be wearing one, or assumed to be wearing one. The stylish, tailored modern clothes I like would look skanky or gross with no bra) Also, most of the dolls who supposedly have large breasts seem average-small to me. The only ones I've seen with impressively or unrealisticly large breasts have been the dollmore model lingerie girls and the dollfie dream XL+ options. I have a large chest and small waist naturally and I don't "flop on my face from the weight." Yeah..doll breasts? Not so impressive I mean I agree that there should be more body types so everyone can have what they want, but some of you guys need to get out more if you think a C or D cup is unrealistic. :?

As for my own pet peves:
      -poorly sculpted hands. I think I was spoiled by having a luts delf as my first doll, but I can't stand when the hands are undetailed little sausages that are posed in a way that would be physically impossible. I wont buy a doll with sub-par hands
      -Joints that don't fit perfectly: if the resin around the joints is thick and clunky, or if the two pieces dont fit well, I wont buy it.
      -When a company doesn't pay attention to the doll's face in profile. The head looks awesome from the front, but from the side it's weird. Usually the jaw will look off in addition to other things.
      -Flat chest on an adult/teen female doll. I can see this working if the character is an athelete or warrior, but I like my wiminz to have breasts.
      -Boy dolls having a baby proportioned and tube-like penis. I mean it doesn't need to be huge and hyper realistic, just match it to the detail in the rest of the doll.
      -Super bobble headed dolls. I don't mean somewhat (ex: Chiwoo, Volks Kun, etc...) but rather ones that look like a Pullip with a big head and small skinny bodies.
      -Dolls that have square/chunky abdominal muscles. Seriously, look at a photo or something don't just guess at anatomy.