1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Not anatomically correct...

Nov 27, 2009

1. I think my Yumiko-tan has a pretty decent looking bod...

Link to page 1 of a little photo-manga story

Yeah, she's got legs up to her neck, then again so does Zetto, her Obitsu 60cm gender bender boy boyfriend.

Link to a pic I took of them at the Getty Center gardens

I really am not fond of the recent Dollfie Dream trend towards the "Dynamite" body and the va-va-voom breasts. They make classic-era Barbies look well-proportioned. But then again, they seem to be giving the Otaku boys who are getting into Dollfie Dream what they want. Funny how it's males in Japan who are graduating from figure collecting to having their own Dollfie Dream "daughters." It's also the reason why we aren't likely to see DD boys anytime soon. ;_;

2. This.
      And also I don't like glued together fingers that much.
      Adding totally flat feet (yeah, they have to be able to stand but they would be able to do so like with the human triangle shaped feet or shoes),
      "grown on" earlobes that seem to go right to the chin
      and weird muscle structures.

For the boobies and realism: In my opinion Dollstown has nice boobs. I have a SD13 body home and I really love it. I :horror: every time I see their heads, though. They look sick or/and always having toothache.

3. Penisis. Seriously. Both of my boys' look like boogers. There's no detail AT ALL, just a piece of resin that looks like playdough rolled into a breadstick hanging from my boy's hips. Blech.

I hundreth the boobs thing too. That's just...not right. They're TOO perfect. Do we want all of our dolls to have plastic-surgery like breasts? No~! Also, I find the larger breasted MSDs slightly disturbing at times. It's okay when there is a more mature body and head, but I've seen some really big boobed innocent looking little girls, and it does not look anatomically (or morally) correct at all.

4. What really killed me was when Elfdoll went from that natural bust to the new bust, those original bodies were fairly realistic and then they went for the bolted on look. No offense meant, but the ED bodies now look like the girls are permanently wearing invisible wonderbras! :doh

5. I notice a lot of dolls that are far out of proportion, that I know on an art forum they'd be hearing about endlessly. I personally notice a lot of dolls with ears that bother me. Because they are over exaggerated, or misplaced on the head. Ex: Dollzone does this in a lot of their sculpts. (Even the insides are odd to me.)

I personally like the 8 1/2in sized heads on 63cm+ dolls, I think it makes them look far more proportioned than Luts 9-10in heads on 60cm bodies. Sure, the stylization makes them look right, but it certainly doesn't make it accurate.

Mostly though, with different, usually less expensive companies I've noticed that they have scrawny arms on bold chests. Bobobie does this the most in my opinion. Rule of mine: One's arm width should not equal the width of one's eye.

I've also noticed a few newer companies that have very odd shaped knees on there extremely long legged dolls. The knee to me is honestly broken into two parts, the larger top, and the smaller bottom. They aren't fused as one. <<'

I also am not too fond of Luts Super Senior body, since well, I've never seen some of the bulges they depict on them on any real anatomy, even on some of the master's works of the Greek gods.

I'm probably the worst though, since I'm so very, very nit picky. I know that no replication of the human body will ever be absolute, since it's not human. But these are a few things I think could really help with making the anatomy more- spot on, or at least closer.

6. I wish that more dolls were a little more rounded in the tummy area like most normal people are. even super small people have a little pooch most of the time

7. To me, Iplehouse has done a pretty good job on getting close to being realistic. Their Elder women are curvy to match their chest, and the men look like Leonardo models lol

...That Souldoll dog made me cry.

8. The Soom MD bodies. Their so long and so thin, they just look odd.

Btw Souldolls new dog, dog's don't have 4 joints in their front legs. Just 3. Just 3.

9. i personally hate how some of the boy's penises look like resin drip after thoughts. You get this big manly doll... and he's got this tiiiiny manhood. It doesn't need to be a monster, but if you're going to put it on at all... make it look good. :S

10. not sureif anyone has already mentioned thesethings, eh i'm too lazy to read the whole thread.

souldoll's centaur body. the horse looks like it has had its ribs removed, it just doesn't look right. generally speaking, i think souldoll's scultpors really need to study some animal anatomy if they are going to continue to release animal type dolls.

also, and this covers a few different companies, male bodies where they have a massive six pack but skinny little gangly weed arms. it just doesn't look right. who the hell exercises their torso but doesn't bother with their biceps? it looks like they've got muscle atrophy or something.

11. I prefer when dolls have stylized/idealized human anatomy rather than... impossible human anatomy? I don't like muscles where muscles don't exist (16 pack anyone?) or things that remind me of deformities or illnesses.

I don't mind huge boobs on dolls. :XD As far as boobs go, my peeve is placement. It really ruins the sculpt when the boobs are too high or far apart... some companies seem to put the breasts much too high. Nipples shouldn't be on level with armpits. :sweat

The only proportioning things that really bother me are skinny necks + huge heads and undersized hands. These are more an issue with girl dolls. I also really don't care for tinies with massive heads.... it's stupid, but they make me feel vaguely unsettled, possibly going back to the deformity thing.

12. The long legs I am used to from being a big sailor moon fan. In the manga? Holy freakin' freak legs.

But I am bothered by MSD size dolls with big boobs. Mainly ones that are "supposed" to be younger. Heck, I even prefer small boobs on adult dolls. And one of these days soon I am gonna fix my dollmore girl's big globe nipples.

13. I like having an assortment of body-types. But, I also have a thing for hooves, which means all of my large girls are Sooms XD. My MSDs are more varied. I have pears and hourglasses and bean poles and an SDC girl who is pretty darn buff. They all have yays and nays. I love to do exhibitions for people. In fact, next year, I want to try to get even MORE in the body type department. Different is good! And hard to clothe once you pass 5 body types, but there you go.

I have big-headed dolls (Pullips, Odecos, a Blythe on the way), so those don't bother me at all. Big boobs? Great! Small boobs? Also great. Medium boobs? Middle of the road is good!

One of my dolls has kind of an odd butt. It's too... long XD. Kind of gets awkward making him sit sometimes, but it's a small irk in an otherwise great boy. That said, I've become a bit of a bum inspector since I got him >_>.

14. Tinies with huge heads scare me too. They remind me of Pullip dolls which really freak me out!

15. Dollshe's freaking long legs are a pain in the ass for me, really :'D They already look off when you pose them on their own, but next to other dolls the proportions look downright awfull.

16. I have issues with a lot of girl dolls breasts. Many companies seem to completely ignore gravity when sculpting the poor girls boobs. I think that even if the doll is a stylized version of a human, it would very likely have bouncy boobs.

The best girl breasts I have ever seen is the SD16 girl and the Twiglimbs new girl body. I particularly like the Volks bodies because it has a skin fold near the armpit and the shape of a real breast.
      I dislike the Dollmore model girl, Dollzone girl, Fantasy doll, Bobobie and B&G female bodies because IMO the breasts look like lumps of clay stuck on the chest. Not attractive.

I also have strong feelings about BJDs boys' penises. Most sculptors have smashed together both the scrotum and the penis together also ignoring gravity. I think there is some progress to be made in that "area."

~Gus

17. I like accurate hand-foot-face proportions. The hand, from heel to fingertips is generally about from the chin to the third eye. When the heel of the hand is placed on the heel of the foot, the fingertips should fit with the ball of the foot. Just as a basic measurement. It's a tiny thing, but it bugs me when it's off.

18. Proportions on dolls in general are usually off. I tend toward realistic sculpts because most have better proportions.
      And what's with the nipples? Almost every doll, especially the female dolls, come with poke-out-an-eye nipples. Unless she's very very cold or feeling very aroused all the time, there's no feasible reason for this, and it makes clothing them difficult.

19. Well, as far as I can tell, BJDs are marketed and made for the anime/manga crowd. Look at them. Big eyes, big breasts, small waist/hips, long legs...etc.

But I like it. At least the legs, and partially the eyes. Personally I search for small-eyed BJDs, or at least semi-small eyed, still holding that BJD charm though.

Kind of the bust, too. Even as a 17 year old American female, I have a VERY large bust. No one's fault, I kind of despise it, they get in the way, shirts won't fit because of them....

....but I've seen enough tiny-busted little Asian dolls! Bring on the big girls!

20. Well, to be honest, not even humans are anatomically correct. We are sooo different each of us. Doesnt bother me that my dolls look rather styled, etc etc. When i was pregnant, everyone expected i would end up rather large afterwards, but i look like a bloody knitting needle :( :( , no hips, my boobs are only a B size and my bum is almost non-existant. So, yeah, if dolls are different, then so are we ;)