1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Not anatomically correct...

Nov 27, 2009

1. I can get over most of the things that people have mentioned, but my main thing has only been mentioned a few times....MSD girls with HUGE BOOBS....Yes, I know some of them are meant to be more mature than others, but cleavage on such a small body just looks wrong 0_0
      Other than that, wrists bother me a lot...mostly because a lot of dolls don't really have them -_- it just goes straight from forearm to hand, and from almost every angle, they just look awful...I'd like to see a girl with frail, delicate looking wrists :)

2. Sometimes, i am bothered seeing certain doll sculpts that are simply too slim or with strange body proportions like eccessively long legs or necks.
      I also find it creepy when a male doll has the muscles so well lined that if it was painted red it would look like skinned alive.

3. It was mentioned here before, but it's something I find odd too: incredibly long legs. I mean, I know it's a stylized convention etc, but come on, these are not spiders we're talking about!

As for oversized heads, they don't bother me too much. But is there a doll out there with regular human proportions? I think it's impossible to achieve that certain look without actually distorting sizes/lenghts. What do you guys think?

4. I generally like most of the exaggeration in anatomy in most dolls. I find the big heads and long legs endearing. It's like looking at baby animals-they have odd proportions and that's sort of why they're cute.

I do agree with the giant melon boobs though. They just look so bizarre! And are horribly awkward to work around when trying to sew for a doll. Torpedo boobs aside, though, my biggest pet peeve is hands. And probably only because of the disproportion of the body. My RS Mei, for example, has hands that are about the right size for her rather large head but are far too large for her tiny little arms (I feel). And I've noticed that in a few pictures of other dolls while hunting around for my first boy-sometimes the hands seem childish for a doll that is mature or they seem just...off/not quite the right size.

^-^ That just may be me though. Every one has their nitpick points.

5. Idon't think I can complain much on the anatomy when it comes to legs on dolls like some. I adore boys with long legs. I'swhy I'malways compairing measurments with new companys. But the whole genitalia bothers me. When I first got my boys, I noticed how nothing was in proportion to real males. Then again, a lot of female dolls have odd hips and just unrealistic boobs. :/ That and how some dolls' noses are seriously long from profile.

6. Mentioned ad nauseum.

I'd LOVE a 1/3 size girl with a small or nearly-flat chest. As it stands I'm going to have to mod one myself, but it'd be lovely to be able to get one 'naturally'.

I flipped when Fairyland came out with the cutie bust for MNF. I love it XD

7. Souldoll's Chiron bothers me, and while i understand there are limits to what you can do with resin I don't think it would have been impossible to make the horse part a little rounder. Even a thoroughbred in racing shape has more meat on it then that!:sweat Also his hands are HUGE! Well actually i'm not sure if his hands are really big or his head is really tiny. :? Still I give them kudos for having a go at making a centaur!

As far as the boobs thing goes, I can't say I've seen a a lot that really struck me as totally weird looking. Well Bobobies Luna may be an exception but there was way more then boobs wrong with that body....

8. Yep, particularly when a long neck is teamed with a realistically sized head, it can look like that picture of Alice in Wonderland - not so much graceful as pop-bottle.

9. I find the way that some bodies have fingers waaaaay longer than the palm very weird. It makes them graceful, but at the same time it's just freaky. Also, I'm not a fan of boy bodies where the neck is really thin, thinner than a girl body sometimes... It's all stylization, but it's still annoys me a bit.

10. some company make the head WAY too big for the body >_<
      or i've seen a boy body with the pecs too high
      aaaand, kid delf, senior delf girl elbows! argh i cant stand them!!!

personally, i like long legs though :)

11. I think the winners so far are boobies and penises...peni...penices...whatever the plural of that word is.

My boyfriend says he doesn't like that dolls don't have tentacles so he's going to sculpt some. :sweat

12. Aside from melon-half boobs, my pet peeve is necks that are waaaay too long and skinny. I can't recall any dolls have offensively-long legs or anything else like that, but after really wanting Chiron for a while and looking at him over and over, I noticed his neck was just... whoa, dude. And after that, I just couldn't unsee it. :[

I still kinda want him, though. I'm counting on it being a variation in sculpt that makes things like turtlenecks look better, you know? If I do get him, though, no t-shirts for him. :P

13. Personally I love to see larger hands and feet on dolls. Also, I like smaller sized heads. 8.5ish for my SD dolls, thanks. >w<

Overly muscled skinny bodies are not so pretty either. If skinny, looks skinny. If Big and muscular, then okay, big and muscular. ^^;

14. Head/body proportions. Holy frick people, humans do not have giant heads like that! I don't mind anime, but on a doll it creeps me out so much. Also, unrealistic boobs. Female boobs should not be pointy, too high up, or look like silicon implants. x_x

15. Personally, I don't mind the stylized features of most dolls... My doll family is all over the map when it comes to proportions/realism. :sweat I have dolls with giant bobble-heads and huge eyes like my Delf Soo, minis with curvy bodies (Minifee/Soulkid-double hybrid), dolls with more realistically-proportioned hands like the Lumedoll girl body, and one of the most realistically-proportioned dolls I own, an Iplehouse EID. I don't mind long legs or necks, if they work with the rest of the body. Sometimes it can get too exaggerated so they look out of place, though.

In my opinion, as long as the features work together in a way that is aesthetically pleasing to me, the accuracy doesn't matter. Though the two pet peeves I do have are girl bodies with perfect-hemisphere boobs and un-detailed "plank hands"... I tend to replace a lot of my dolls' hands if I don't like the defaults. (Yay hybrids!) I love CP/Fairyland hands, so a lot of my dolls have Delf or Minifee hands.

16. Yes *thrash* I know exactly what you mean. Most of the centaurs drive me nuts, like Chiron.. he has no knee or elbow joints in his horse legs, and they just look all ****ed up, plus the horse torso is all weirdly skinny. I don't know, is that supposed to be hot? I mean, I'm into skinny boys like a lot of BJD people are I'm sure, but am I supposed to be attracted to this skinny horse body for that reason too? But I guess maybe it could be because he doesn't keep all his organs in one torso. Either way I could deal with the skinny body if he only had KNEES.

Also most of the antlers on various dolls look like plant sprouts or something. Antlers don't grow like that. It doesn't bug me too much though. They're still cute.

edit: For people who aren't hardcore anatomy freaks, this is what I mean.
      Knees: http://www.souldoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=1893
      NO KNEES: http://souldoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=1678
      Count the joints.

17. I'm so glad I'm not the only one with issues with accuracy! I agree with the majority I think.

I'm not a perv but: penises!!! I wonder if some doll sculptors have ever seen one.
      I also hate bobbleheads it's fine on Blythe but not for BJDs.
      And it's not just the freakish length of legs that bothers me, it's the lack of definition of calves and ankles. If the lower leg might as well be a drainpipe it's going to put me off a sculpt. To a lesser extent - too high pecs, a head that doesnt fit ont the neck well, undetailed hands. Oh and on heads, when the eye socket doesnt have a good fit so theres too much of a gap between the face and the eyeball.

Despite all this anatomical pedantry, I dont mind the joints at all! >_>

18. I actually do like long legs, as long as they're not too long. But I'm long legged myself, so shorter legs look weird to me. The only thing I wish was more anatomically correct would be penises on MSDs. Just a little more detail would be nice, instead of just a little bump or something.

19. Doll ears. I know it sounds weird, but a doll sculpt whose ears are just so anatomically wrong really, really bothers me for some reason @_@.

20. Testicles. I can't get over the lack of testicles on my boys - they're just non-existant. Really, if you're going to give them a penis, then WHY can't they have testicles?!