1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Not anatomically correct...

Nov 27, 2009

1. The damn dog "Grey" it was great till I got to the front paws....I have dogs and the damn leg does NOT have that extra joint half way down the front leg...I was sooooo disappointed and not a little freaked. Do they not have a dog to look at?

2. There's a few male bodies that bother me, the sculptors haven't got their anatomy down and sculpts muscles willy nilly, to the point that their muscle structure looks really abnormal. :sweat

3. Bishonenen House's Donn talked about the junk on his deviantart site. Apparently people either think its too small or too big (but mostly too small). It can interfere with clothes and sitting if it's too big since resin doesn't shift. You can see his doll body's nude shot on that page. Rather impressive sculpt to me.

What's bothered me of late is SoulDoll's Double Boy pecs. The old body looked alien. The new body kinda overcorrects the issue. The curvature's in the wrong spot, so when you look at it dead on from the front it just looks odd. Yet the Vito body doesn't have this issue. Go fig. I'm also not crazy about the hard edges on knee and elbow joints. Better than the regular double joints that look like table tops when bent, but the body doesn't have edges like that. I like Iple's and Blue Blood's minimizing of this issue. But again I give props to Bishonen Huuse. He actually scultped an elbow "bone" and the shape of the hidden joint plates make a better knee cap, so they more look natural.

4. Fantasy/anthro parts bother me if they aren't biologically possible, for example the wings Soom gave MD Nephelin.
      The thing that bothers me most on fully human dolls are the boobs- I can't stand torpedo boobs or any other random shape that just doesn't look right. Head size is an issue too; I can't stand either extreme bobble or pinheadedness.

5. The DOD DOI boy. I got one of the first Lukes. He was fabulous. Pretty, nice arms. nice chest.......
      Then...His junk was IN THE WRONG PLACE!!! Seriously. I had to sell him. I died laughing every time I had to change his pants.
      Male anatomy is supposed to be in front, not UNDER the pelvic bone.
      I really loved the doll but he couldn't even sit without rocking back and forth on it! That must've hurt... poor guy.
      Did the sculpter never see a naked man in real life?
      I took him to work and almost killed an entire group of women who about died laughing.

6. Mostly the girls boobs. I dont really like boobs at all IRL or especially in anime(yea those are always WAY huge) and the proportions on dolls remind me alot of anime anatomy, which is usually pretty by itself. I have gotten used to my MNF but when I first got her, it drove me nuts. I also cant stand the nipples on BJD boobs. They are so pointy I finally had to sand my girls off, cause I was damn tired of her looking like she just came out of a freezer during the summer >.<

Another thing that bothers me alot is some of the boys...things. My DoC for example. I remember feeling horrible for him when I first opened his box. And when I was showing him off at school, my teacher would comment "Why did they even bother putting anything there?". I got (really super)bored one day and decided to circumcise all my boys with the dremmel I had just gotten, and realized that if I tried to do it to him, he wouldnt have anything left.

Last thing: Dollshe's new boy? for some reason he reminds me of Cell from Dragonball Z.

7. The thing that really bugs me is wings.....it is WAY hard to find anatomically correct wings, so I'm working on making some. Though I understand things like that are hard, oftentimes it looks like companies didn't even try.
      Some fantasy parts bug me too if they're way off proportion or badly put-together...but I spend way too much time thinking about how to make fantasy things biologically possible so I'm just rather picky.

8. I'm going to have to echo what others have said about not liking the super long legs. I have a very difficult time photographing my boys below waist level because the proportions really seem to throw me off. I'm still waiting for my Luv to show up, but her legs aren't near as bad as my SSDF's mile long limbs. Though the height difference between these two dolls wouldn't have meant anything had they both been proportioned normally, the difference now is going to make it look like the luv is a child next to the SSDF body, when both characters are actually the same age.

9. Hmm, this thread made me oull out my Kid Delf and give her a good thorough inspection. I think for her character, she's perfect. She's an android, thus being less flawed than normal humans, but was modeled after a 13-year-old girl. The body aesthetic fits that perfect, maybe a liiiittle under-developed, but there are people like that. The only complaints I could make are, her belly-button is way too high. Her ears are also placed too high on her head, but that doesn't bother me too much. I think her face is pretty good though. Her eyes aren't too super big or unnaturally shaped, and I love her chin and lips. Nose is a little too pointy for a girl of her age, but then again there are just some people who are like that.

10. I wish there where more anatomically correct BACKS or weird abs, or fat. I want some meat on my dolls anymore.
      I would like an apple shaped or pear shaped doll, or an hourglass that has big ol' birthing hips like I do >.>

I guess I still cling to the old roman and greek statues with the old standards that the sculptors like, women with small breasts and larger hips, men had hips too... I guess I'm a hips girl?

Anyway, I like the more realistic body types, but not the 'perfect' ones, with chiseled abs and huge boobs.

11. I've never seen a company get rabbit feet right. I've had pet rabbits in th past, and my sister's rabbit passed away just last month, so I know what their feet look like. Rabbits do not have paw-pads. every time I see any rabbit doll with paws I'm thinking "hahaha she's got cat hands!", because they give them the stupid paw-pads. Me and my sister share an off-topic rabbit that has cat feet, and it really bugs me. "The moon LEIRA" a limited Souldoll is one of the worst. she's got dog feet!

12. I'm not sure about proportion but it drives me nuts to see a very soft or feminine head on a ripped male body. It doesn't match up at all and nothing will convince me away from thinking that. I'm griping about the new Fairyland Kyle :|

13. I agree with the whole head thing. I was shopping around on the marketplace the other day...and there was one doll that was just so off that I had to look away! XD

Also agree with the other ''necks being to long'' statements. Seriously sometimes it looks like the heads are just perched on top of some tower waiting to tumble down...or that the neck is having a random growth of a head on top. o.o It just bugs me! DX

14. For the most part I am not bothered. If something does bug me then I just simply have no desire to own the doll. :)

I don't know if this counts or not, but I do actually really wish there were more male dolls that looked more masculine. So many of them have such soft/feminine features. Not all of us are bishi-crazed!!! lol

15. The large boob options are scary sometimes. :) And I have seen some strange "musculature," especially on back sculpts. But you bring up an intereting point about meat on the bones. Some of the male sculpts show a scary amount of ribcage. Like, even if they were bent over no one should show that much rib. It's supposed to be the muscles I guess, but I've seen layouts in Muscle & Fitness magazine and not seen that. Some sculpts have lots o' muscle (oh my lovely Iple House), but a number of them don't. Just enough firmness to be fit n' active but not a weightlifting junky. I think of dolls like the Greeks thoguht of statues. I don't mind healthy curves, but I don't know if any of us want beer guts on them. :) Figurines like that exist, but those are different kinds of artist dolls.

16. Heh. I always got the impression that the look of the human BJD's were largely influenced by shoujo manga and anime, in which they tend towards such proportions. I also figured that this was why male dolls can, as some have noticed, tend to look somewhat feminine, as that's also a common trait of shoujo artwork. As far as the male parts go, well, I don't really know. My Angel Street Orion sculpt has male parts that look just fine, to me. But he's also the only male doll I currently have, so my experience is limited.

As far as the legs being too long to represent accurate human porportions, my husband's legs really ARE that long, or close enough as makes no difference. In fact, because of the length of his legs, he can't simply buy pants from the store, not even the big and tall store. He has to get them custom ordered to get the proper length of pants. So, it's possible, just not common, really. And... hehe, I like mah husband's long legs. hehe.

17. There are a few things that irk me, but since most of them have already been mentioned...

SKINNY. ARMS. I mean disproportionately so. It reeeally bothers me that some bodies are so beautifully sculpted in everything but the arms, which are like little soda straws stuck on the side of this gorgeous, mature body. ):

...That's why as odd as she kind of is, I really like my Celine's arms. They're not spindly, I love that her arms are kind of "curvy" on her. <3

18. I forgot about this thread XD I see there are a lot of boobie and erm wedding tackle (such an elegant euphemism) complaints.

19. Well I don't wish that anything was more "anatomically correct" otherwise they wouldn't be fun little people to carry around. But their legs are pretty anatomically incorrect. I like it that way though. Long legs are sexy.

20. I'm seconding(or what ever numbering) the lack of Adams apples.
      Not many things bug me in the doll world but necks do. Well, male necks.

And lil tiny skinny animu pointy noses on dolls who's body's, for the most part, look natural and have a natural set of lips on their face. It doesnt look right in my opinion. My IF doll's nose is JUST over the scale for me to accept it. It isnt pointy~ <3
      But not much else bothers me. XD

I'd like to see dolls with more varied body 'weights' but that wouldnt be considered 'aesthetically pleasing' I guess...which is sad as I have a male character who has a lil bit of podge but no, all male sd boys are muscle men!!!