1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Not sharing? Hostile with your dolls?

Apr 25, 2011

1. I really don't like anyone touching my dolls because I am protective and they are expencive.

2. Hmm...I'm more like ^^" Yes you could borrow on spot with ME at the side checking on how you are handling with my precious :).
      but that's more like...for a minute or two ...Not for a day...
      If you really like that doll that much I don't mind you visiting me everyday to play with him,provided you can promise and prove you can handle with care :D...
      Ok,that's only for my best pals^^"....

I don't feel comfortable with strangers touching my stuffs,which includes everything not just dolls^^""...

3. I've often wondered if I would like "real-life" friends who are interested in BJDs. I think talking about dolls with someone would make me likely to buy more dolls, which would not be a good thing. As for jealously, I'll admit that if we both tried for a super limited doll and the friend got it and I didn't, I'd get jealous (but not in a hostile way). But then again, at least I'd have a chance to see the doll in person and buy it if she/he ever decided to sell it! I can't imagine any of my current friends ever wanting one, though.

4. If I had a friend who previously made fun of my dolls, then suddenly decided she wanted one, I think I'd feel like a very proud mama and treat it like a point of pride. "MY dolls are so cool and awesome, that I converted a nonbeliever!" (ok, maybe not in those exact words, but you get my point).

I've been called out myself for being a "joiner." But while there are many people who join for social boosts and because it seems trendy, there are others (like myself), who will either get enough exposure to go whole hog after some exploration and research, or will simply change over time and come 'round on their own, purely through an innate interest in everything (and lemme tell you - being a Jack of All Trades is bloody expensive). It doesn't mean that they want to one-up you; it just means you've now shared something with them that they find as wonderful and fascinating as you do.

5. For me, not with dolls. If a friend of mine wanted to buy his or her own doll then that's alright with me. I would never let them borrow my own. We could do photo shoots, share sewing tips and etc. But in a way which is off topic, I am a bit hostile if my sister starts watching the same TV shows that I do. If she does I start really hating what I use to love watching. Strange but true.:)

6. i let my family hold Sven. i just keep an eye out on them. x: my sister was creeped out about him at first, but after looking at him, she became interested in them, and now wants one of her own! :D

7. I personally would love to have friends irl that are into BJDs/have BJDs. And you do NOT have to be socially awkward or like anime or be an outcast to love BJDs. I don't fit any of those categories and love BJDs just as much as everyone else on here does ^^ If anything you should be glad that your friend is getting a BJD, especially one you like. Number one it means you have the same tastes and number two, should she ever lose interest you could probably get it ;) I hope you can work things out with your friend, it would be awesome to have someone to gush over BJDs with!

8. It's been a really long time since my friend first brought it up and then all the sudden she came up to me and Asked, "What would be a good starting BJD?"
      And this time, I wasn't a brat about it. I told her to start off with a cheaper, smaller doll. We spent almost a day just looking over little boy dolls (She was quite keen on a little boy to be buds with my little girl) And I thought we were going to order our dolls together (I am planning on getting a new Boy... SQUEE...) And then today she was like..... "I won't take care of him. I'll end up giving him to you... I want to buy a bunch of clothes" And I was like.... Oh, Ok.
      I thought maybe I had forced her into it as a result of me being a jerk the first time this happened and now I'm just like.... UGHHH! \But, really, I think we've been getting along a lot better and on Saturday she's going to a con with me and I;m not feeling like she's forcing herself in. I guess I've just grown up a bit...
      But Anyway, thanks for all the advice and opinions! ^-^

9. No ^^;
      I understand where you're coming from, but I'd just be elated. Sure, I saved for a while for my doll. So they didn't have to, and that could be frustrating...
      but I definitely would be happy to have somebody to fawn over dolls with.

10. This doesn't sound like it is about jealousy at all.
      I know, because I have experienced it too--not with dolls, mind you, but with something else--and all my friends have suffered the same thing but over different likes and hobbies.
      Now, I have plenty of IRL friends who are in the hobby, two of which got into it after I did. One is my best friend and long-time roommate. I never once felt angry or jealous or anything when she joined me in the hobby, because I knew it was something she would take seriously. I also knew she would be respectful towards me.
      It isn't ever about the object/hobby/dream, but about you as an individual.
      Story Time!
      I had a friend who was like this. Whenever we loved something, this friend would suddenly take an interest. She would then buy whatever it was that we others wanted, flaunt it, then we'd never see it again--because she would lose interest.
      My roommate's hobby is Kpop. She follows all things kpop, old and new, girl band or boy. She has for years. Then this friend I spoke of earlier caught wind of it all and jumped on the hobby. They went to a concert together, and the entire time this friend disrespected my roommate's experience with her hobby.
      When my roommate mentioned she wanted to start a kpop blog, this friend started one the next day. (she then proceeded to misspell band names in several articles. =_=)
      When my roommate was considering moving to Korea to teach English, this friend actually moved to Korea to teach English!
      My roommate was upset not because of jealousy, but because of the disrespect. It felt like her personal identity had been xeroxed, and someone else was passing it off as their own. Or, better example, like what she was had been bootlegged with a batch of crappy resin!
      She did the same to me on several occasions, but always with small things. Well, and one big thing, but I won't get into that right now. There is an episode of DARIA that goes over this, too.
      Point is, it isn't an issue of jealousy; rather, it is an issue of identity. When someone else takes that piece of us for themselves and fails to treat it with the same respect, we take it personally. Over time, when we see that they do take our hobby seriously, those panicky feelings we were harboring fade away.
      Sorry for the long post. I hope it helped. *_*

11. Eh, no worries. Everyone gets jealous and over reacts.
      Personally, I'd love it if friends or loved ones were to join the hobby. I'm currently trying to get my younger sister involved. It's hard to talk someone into a hobby so expensive!
      I think jealousy may rear its ugly head if someone I know were to get a doll I'd been pining after but after the initial bout of green eyes I'd likely be happy for them.
      I hope you and your friend can enjoy it together. :)

12. It sounds like you want to be unique. Like, I understand if you don't want a friend to get the exact same doll as you, but getting bjds in general? Do you want to be completely alone with this interest? If you got over yourself I think you would find much joy in sharing this interest with others

13. I think that's it, because My friend and I are almost EXACTLY the same (Looks, interests, grades, everything) So I guess I feel like the last of my individuality is being sucked away, but that's a bratty of me. In all honesty, I get a little lonely working with my dolls alone, It would be nice to have a friend with me. But I'm just so damn competitive... I would have a horrible time with them. It's a me problem...

14. I love having friends in the hobby! The only time it upsets me is if they are copying my specific doll. You want a doll? Great! You want to buy the same sculpt, same color/style of everything, take my doll's name? nooooo.....but making their own doll is awesome, its just something else to bond over and have fun with.

I can understand jealousy. I've been there, when a friend had money to buy ANY doll, paid in full, on her wishlist and I was barely scraping enough extra together to pay off a layaway. I can understand the identity thing too, as koka described. I was the "weird" kid in HS that got picked on for not following trends...then a month later everybody was doing what I was. It was HIGHLY annoying, especially when they copied me and "forgot" that I started the trend. but I think that's much more common in the teen years, the copying seemed to stop after college. I'm out of college, have been for awhile, but most of my friends are younger than me. There are a couple that have come up with "great ideas" that were exactly what -I- had mentioned to them before....yes, it pisses me off, but really, all I can do is ignore it and wait for it to pass...or if its obvious copying, point it out....

15. I wish I had some RL friends who were in the hobby who I could chat to about dolls, bounce ideas off of and share excitement with...my poor dh has to deal with all of that and while he's really sweet about it I know it's not really his cup of tea so he's just being polite by appearing to be interested.