1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Wanting The Beautiful's

Sep 20, 2008

1. I kinda had that when I was choosing between Spinel and Lupin. Spinel is the most obvious good looking for the two and that drew me more to Lupin, because he wasn't gorgeous he looked like a regular guy rather than a stunningly handsome one.

2. I have seen a lot of absolutely stunning dolls, but disregarded them because they're too tall... I don't think I want more than one or two SDs!

3. Soom Mecha Angel Sabik... I think he's gorgeous but he's half my height XD I can never own one without looking silly carrying him around. Besides I don't like how thin he is, as gorgeous and tempting as a WS one is... I'll have to settle for 60-65cm.

Other dolls would be the likes of... Customhouse's Ange Ai's and Volks Yo-SDs... I am tempted by a few but they are just too small! There are so many beautiful, cute, sweet looking and adorable dolls I would like but to fit into my collection... boys, haughty smirking boy dolls. Despite... that might change soon enough...

The other ones would be girls liks Volks Rose, I think she's so adorable, but I can never own one... she's far too cute to be part of my group. I'll settle with admiring them from afar ;)

4. Yes, many. Especially the DOD and LUTS Dolls have a couple of ones I would take as a present, but never buy.

You know, you want them, but not enough for actually paying them *_*

5. Yeah, I'm another "Soom is awesome but too tall"..I think it's one of the Mecha Angels, in the gold dress...I think she is stunning, but she's what..70 cm tall?? I have carefully not learned her name;)

Edit: Inamourada is right, of course!

6. The Mecha Angels are 80cm, so that's 31.5 inches ;)

7. I live in a small 1 bedroom flat. I have 3 MSD's and 3 tinies.

Currently - ALL dolls are considered off-limits. I would have to move to a bigger flat!

Asneth

8. I love the Soom dolls; I particularly seem to coo over Sard a lot, and the jointy-hands...but...I don't know one would ever suit me. They're beautiful and all that, but...I don't know. I suppose I'd rather look than touch.

9. There's heaps of dolls I love and think are stunningly beautiful, but could never have. I don't seem to work well with really happy smiley dolls or sweet and innocent dolls in my house. They just aren't the kind of doll I can own. Same with MSDs, its just a size I have trouble with (and something I have to remind myself about everytime I see one I really like XD). I'm happy to just admire them from afar.

10. No... I DO want the Stunningly Beautifuls! :aheartbea And I get them whenever motive + opportunity + luck happen to coincide. My grandmother always told me never to do anything half-assed.

But yes, there are plenty of stunningly beautiful dolls I fall in love with but never own. I cannot own all the beautiful male dolls in the world. I just can't. I know because I already asked God, and She said no. My apartment isn't zoned for it.

Most of the fabulous tan DOD limiteds, and the killer CustomHouse limited fullsets like Faust, and the Lati Red demons, and all the rest of the Soom Zodiac that I can't fit in my 1-bedroom apartment, and a Volks Sakaki, and both Unoa boys, and so on. All for varying reasons: If it's not an issue of space, or availability, then it's just the feeling that we weren't meant to live together. But after awhile, these dolls and I come to some bizarre agreement whereby we're content to admire each other from afar.

11. Ahhhhhh Soom dolls! I find them so gorgeous but I could never have one, the limiteds like Beryl and Vega overwhelm me too much and I wouldn't be able to bring myself to touch or hold one. And Sabik! *dies inside* so so so beautiful but just a little too tall!

12. For me, it all comes down to what I can afford. I can only afford bobobie dolls, and I prefer SDs.

I am saving for a weylin. ^^ It sucks being poor

13. I love the Chiwoo mold but he's just too cute for my group.

14. What's funnier is, I really want a MnF ShuShu, not because she's the most beautiful doll in the world to me, but because I feel that she'd be perfect as a character, I look at her and can feel a personality, a backstory, how she'd fit in with my other dolls, etc. Where as some dolls just make my jaw drop, but as a few people have said, I wouldn't know what to DO with them lol.

15. For me... Its the Volks dolls.

ALL of them...

They're very nice and cute. But they all look alike to me, and they're just too reminiscent of anime for me. So they're very beautiful dolls... But I'd never buy one.

I'm more enthralled by dolls of a more characteristic nature that is beautiful or dainty but whose features speak loudly.

Like the DIM Choseol and Fairy girls.
      Or the SOOM Super Gems and Mecha Angels.

I like the DOD dolls... But they're riding the fence with me. They're right between Volks and DIM with their features.

16. for me, as many have already said, it's the soom mecha angels, the height doesn't get to me much, but they just wouldn't fit in with what i have at the moment, but are lovely to look at.
      though the new monthly is just perfect for a character i have in mind, but if she turns out to be a MA, then it wont work cause her lover is only 64cm!

17. El of Luts. Too pretty. Plus too popular. I'm drawn to darker, more mature ones. Sometimes, being an underrated also draws me to them.

Moon is the PERFECT doll for me :aheartbea My dolly friends mistake him for an El, but there is a subtle difference between them.

18. I always adored the look of 70cm dolls, but they weren't for me.. Too tall, too heavy etc.
      But, opinions can change, I now have 2 of them on the way!

19. I'm the reverse of most of the thread. Since I got addicted to the Mecha Angels, everything else is too small now, and usually thus off-limits. :lol:

20. There are a lot of dolls that do that to me I'm sure, but right now it's the Macarena...err, the Noctarcana Circus by Iplehouse (at least Tania and Tatiana). I love those little girls, they're so lovely...but I don't like the size. Minis just don't fit in with my general scheme ...and neither do girls for that matter. :lol:

Also, after having owned a Mecha Angel, I don't think I'll ever want one again. They're just too huge. :(