1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Wanting The Beautiful's

Sep 20, 2008

1. There are loads of dolls I'd love to own but have to talk myself out of buying. :sweat

I tell myself Mecha Angels are "too large", but that's just an excuse to keep me from buying a Sabik. The only thing keeping me from buying one is not knowing what to do with him once he gets here... I'm sure I'll end up thinking of something one day and buying him anyway. :lol:

But there are so many girl dolls that are just gorgeous (like that new Soom monthly girl :drool) but I already know girl dolls won't work here, so I have to just admire from afar.

Minis and tinies also; so cute, but so not for me. I just don't know what to do with anything under 55cm. :(

2. There are many beautiful dolls available, but sometimes it takes more than being pretty to make me want to take a doll home. Almost more important is a strong sort of personality or character that comes through when I look at the pics, or they'll create a strong desire to see what I could do with that particular sculpt. Some of my dolls I bought because they look like specific characters, and in several cases I actually needed sculpts that weren't too pretty boy. I also appreciate quirkiness.

3. there are a lot of beautiful ones out there, but i'm picky about what would fit my family -.-.

4. There are loads of dolls I think are gorgeous but just don't suit what I'm looking for at the time. Also, there's tons of 60cm girls I love but I prefer to stick with minis, so I just admire other people's.

5. I have a few dolls which I consider my "beauties", like my Heath. But my favorite dolls are by far the more "interesting" ones. Like my DS Van, and my CH Nyll, and SD16 Reisner girl. They all have a look that could be considered ugly by doll standards, but well... they have interesting features that makes them so unique, like a large nose, or differently shaped eyes. They're still handsome, but in a different way that's exciting and interesting!

I have a deep admiration for CPs but they're never keepers. I've tried 4 times to own a CP(Sleeping Soo, Harang, Juri 06, and MNF Shiwoo), but for some reason me and CPs just don't get along. They're too symmetrical, too beautiful, too polished for me. I prefer a more raw look. Sometimes I crave that beauty, but I have to hold myself back XD

What can I say, I love fug ;P

6. Oh, Mine is the Soom Boys! Gah, I love them all! The Mecha Angels are my favorite! I even love that they are 80cm (I just think that the bigger they are, the better.. but I refuse to look at the smaller sizes because I'll fall in love with them too!)

Anyway, I know I could never afford a Mecha Angel, and even if I could I'd be so afraid of doing something stupid and noobish to one and end up breaking/hurting one! XD

They are really beautiful, but I'm not that graceful and I tend to do silly things on impulse.

7. That's exactly what I feel when I decide whether or not to take a doll. For me, there are Luts-Abadon and Crobi-Lance. Actually, Abadon is the first BJD I've trully loved. It's interesting that every time I made an order, I ended up not choosing him. Abadon is one of the most stunning larger dolls in my mind, but his "personality" does not fit my doll family. So does Lance, he's too pure for me.

I just feel I'll enjoy more for looking at photos of them in various styles rather than buy them.

8. I prefer quirky individuality over beauty. There are so many beautiful dolls available, but the ones that "speak" to me enough to shell out the money to bring them home are usually not the most beautiful ones. I greatly admire the gorgeous dolls many of my friends have, but they're just not for me. Why this is, I do not know, but it's true. Perhaps my ideas of beauty are just odd, because I dearly love all my dolls, strange as they may be. I expect their appeal to me lies deep within my psyche.

9. I see a lot of dolls that I LOVE, and then I see how huge they are and it scares me off. I've seen a couple dolls that are 65 or 70 cm tall and it intimidates me. Which sucks because I love their faces and think they'd be perfect for me if only they were a little shorter. I feel so guilty for not being able to fully love them. ;.;

10. Agreed. I've seen a few that are just *omgperfect*, but they're as tall as my son. That would be reeeeally weird.

11. pukis
      adorable as all hell
      couldn't have one
      they are WAY too small for me

12. There are loads of dolls that I find very beautiful, but are not interested in owning. I usually go for the sculpts that have lots of character rather than those that have stunning beauty.

13. I see a lot of dolls that I find extremely beautiful, cute, or interesting, but just don't work for me. They may be too tall or to little or just not look quite right for me.

:)

14. I was talking about this with my fiance just the other day. Although there are loads of dolls I think are really pretty, beautiful, cool or whatever, I wouldn't actually want to own them all. Just because I like a doll doesn't mean I like it enough to buy it.

There are many dolls I am content to admire from afar. There are only a few I love enough to buy.

15. @Aquilla- I know what you mean, when people say "How about this one? She's gorgeous!" Its not just that they're really pretty, where is the character? What is the use of a shell? People who aren't big on dolls probably cant understand it. I dont blame them, I didnt at first either.

@Everyone who replied- Thanks so much for your opinion, I've read them all ^^

16. when i see a doll which is beautiful, then i want it ^^
      no matter whether it might not be my style ^^

17. A lot of the time if I see a gorgeous doll that isn't for me, it can be a variety of reasons. I'm pretty picky about who I bring home, because it's very important to me that they "match" my existing crew. I don't need anyone looking like a space alien. o_O Also, a lot of the time I know I don't want a doll if I find it drop-dead gorgeous, because I would want that doll in particular, and customizing is important to me. :)

18. Any of the Soom dolls. They're amazing, but waaaay too much money for me. But I love admiring everybody else's dolls.

19. I have to agree with what alot of people have said - the size would end up being the issue for me. I'm not too sure about the super tall guys - although maybe sewing for them would be easier since they are so big.

And I'm often tempted by the super cuteness of the tinys but sewing for them would be a real pain I think!

20. I'm on this boat. I admire Luts EL very much. But he's too pretty to be put in my doll family. I have no character for this beautiful "shell". That's a pity to me. But I have no choice. He's just not "my thing".