1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Wanting The Beautiful's

Sep 20, 2008

1. I agree with the Soom monthlies. They are incredible and eerily beautiful...and much too big for me. They seem almost like slightly posable sculptures. I do admire those who own them, particularly Sard, and pose them well for photoshoots. Hounds on the other hand...I'm willing to perhaps deal with the awkward bodies!

2. For me it's the Volks girls. I see them in the gallery and they absolutely take my breath away...they are so stunning and photogenic! But the moment I've clicked off their thread, all the desire for that beauty just magically fades away for me. I need a doll with more of a quirky character and not so much the smooth and silken look of a perfect beauty.

3. Dollmore's Lazia took my breath away with her beauty, and also she reminds me of my deeply beloved and adored Aoi Yu who I find as the most beautiful girl in my eyes. But, I dont want to own this doll. She's not my type of doll, she's so very... model. She's to wear fansy dresses and high heels shoes and to pose for nice photoshoots. I wont be able to put her in sneakers and baseball cap - she's too pretty, to delicate, to charming for that. Also her hight? Right half of me! 0___0

4. Soom Beryl. She's amazing, but she just wouldn't quite fit in. I wouldn't know what to do with her. So I just stare at other owner pics of her ^.^

5. Well, of course everybody have some doll, which is very very very beautiful/handsome/cute or whatever, but if it isn't anything else than a beautiful shell, rare of us buy it. I want to have a doll which look charms me, but in her/his eyes and look there's something which means something to me. I want to have that feeling 'Oh no, there can't be any better doll, she must be made for me! She even looks at me like she would want to jump from my computer's screen into my room!'
      But, into the subject. I can't help it, I love the SOOM's dolls. Their fantasy theme dolls are just too well made. But, I don't want to have bigger sized doll than a 45cm. So, I just have to stay in dreaming level and wish I won't someday do something speculation!

6. Its Soom's Mecha angels..they're perfect-but too big!

7. Tons of dolls are beautiful to me and that is why I don't get them. If I went just by beauty, my wish list would be impossible! So I only get the ones that look like my favorite characters. It keeps my wish list just a tad more manageable. But only a tad!

8. Soom's monthlies are gorgeous, but the fantasy elements to those dolls just aren't the sort of thing I'm interested in collecting right now.

Also, Dollshe's Hound. Good lord, that's a beautiful face. But even if he wasn't discontinued, I wouldn't buy one because my 60s are difficult enough for me to handle. I just think he'd be more doll than I can handle.

9. Oh my goodness, I love the appearance of a lot of 60+ cm dolls but they are waaaay too tall for me. (I'm a very tiny person and the MSD sized dolls fit perfectly in my arms or on my shoulder).

I hope one day they make some really mature MSD size dolls - ones that look like the SDs. That would make my day.

*edit: I'm mostly talking about the male dolls. The MSD males tend to look just a biiiiit too young for my liking. I also like slightly more masculine dolls - like male model faces.

10. I have this with Dollshe and Volks dolls even some Soom dolls. They're gorgeous, and I certainly don't mind drooling over them in the galleries but I just couldn't own one for myself and I don't really know why.

11. I think the Volks dolls are too childlike. I prefer an adult appearance. Although Shinta is pretty young, I'd say he's 18 to 19 which is old enough. And he's well built like most male dolls his size.
      I agree many dolls are very cute and look lovely, but they're not my taste. What I look for in a doll is a buddy to hang out with :)

12. Yes there are definitly dolls that make me say oh my god but as you said they don't fit me. I find that as odd as this sounds we just don't 'fit' or 'click'. I recently found out I have a thing for weird faces so those are the ones for me.

13. For me, it's definitely the Mecha Angels. So beautiful... and huge. D: When I got my first doll, a 43cm girl, I realized that that size was perfect for me... which is a shame, because I LOVE all the handsome guys out there! I'm especially in love with Iplehouse's EIDs (LUOOOO<3), but they're just too big for me.

And then there are some FANTASTICALLY good-looking male minis, but they all look too young for me... or the more mature ones are too skinny, usually. (Like OrientDoll Tae. I LOVE HIM, but he's too SMALL!)

And THEN there are companies with very distinctive styles, like DoD, which I love looking at, but I wouldn't want to own them... I prefer the more "realistic" sculpts for myself.

14. Haha oh I definitely has a few.
      Soom monthlies were mine until they started with tinies, and I did pick up a glati and I had no problem whatsoever with bonding with him. So I'm thinking it's size more than anything.. and I want all my dolls to be able to look good together and make sense. All my dolls are MSD sized except for my glati, but he's used as a child to my others and it seems to work.

I have a number of SD dolls I'd love to have (MS Drayton, Crobi Yeonho, CP Breakaway) but I think if I ever get one, and I want it to just be one, it'll be either CP LuWen or Volks Souji Okita.. I keep telling myself I want an SD boy, but I always end up want another msd that fits into my stories.. so maybe I'll never end up with an SD size, hehe.

I really like working with my own characters, which ends up with multiple dolls in photos, and I like them to make sense next to each other, so since I'm so far in with MSD, I have to stick to that size or use tinies as children.

Also, I love pipos dolls, they're all so cuuuute, but I really don't have any real reason to own one, but I do love looking :)

15. I've thought about this before too!

The Lati Red line's boy doll faces are very pretty and handsome, I think, and usually I don't really like 'handsome realistic male' sculpt types. But since I'm not a big fan of boys, or Large dolls, I would never consider owning one ^^; . Besides, I don't like the body.

I saw the Iplehouse body sculpts recently, and thought they were beautiful in a realistic human way. It would be nice to own, but between other styles I prefer much better for a doll, I don't really want that.

I love the beautiful curves and lines of the Minifee female doll. It's just so feminine and delicate, and I love that aesthetic not only in the doll but in drawings and real girls as well. I'm not considering buying one though, because I find the boy body rather less agreeable and because while I love the look... it's just not the one for me XD ? I think I prefer that I have dolls that are slightly more... doll-ish. Simple and clean, basic lines, like the Blue Fairy dolls, the ones I intend to get.

And then there are a smattering of individual dolls that I find very striking and beautiful but don't even consider because... they're soo, uh, unique? They have too much personality, too much individuality perhaps, so I feel there's little versatility. I like more generic-looking dolls.

ali

16. Oh, def castle Anne dolls! I love them! Their look is gorgeous! They are *not* for me to own, however.

17. Oh there are lots of dolls like this for me. There are many dolls that I find to be beautiful, but few are ever coveted by me. If anything, I tend to like dolls in which I find some flaw. Adelheid (Soulkid Katie.A) has an asymmetrical face (very like Souldoll) and Jane (Kid Delf Bory) looks a bit sickly. It helps me form characters and bond with them much better.

I find a few of the Soom Super Gems, Monthlies, and Unidoll girls to be absolutely gorgeous, but for now, I have a hard time seeing any of them in my collection.

18. Volks Yukinojo...
      I love Joe's face and body sculpt, but I just can't deal with his size or his weight. That (plus the going price o_O) keep me from seriously hunting for one of my own, in spite of absolutely adoring the doll.

19. A lot of the more expensive dolls don't do it for me. It's not the price per se, but the fact that they seem so... finished. I got my first doll (Obitsu 60 cm Gretel) totally blank, and developed her whole character, and that was really rewarding. So I don't think I'd ever want a fullset.
      Like a lot of people on this thread, I love SOOM's fantasy dolls, but I wouldn't get one. I just find them intimidating--too much responsibility involved in keeping them nice. And I feel like their faces are too perfect and model-ish. SOOM and Elfdoll both make dolls that just look too much like regular humans for my taste. I like when the proportions are a little off or asymmetrical, like Dollstown or Lumedoll, or Kaye Wiggs' heads.
      I do like to look at dolls I wouldn't buy, though. They may not be quite my taste, but they're still beautiful.

20. This :) I go crazy when I see any Soom MD, they're just so unique and outstanding BUT I would never like to own one. The same goes for Volks(even though i have 2 volks boys in my wishlist), dollshe and Iplehouse. I'd never buy a doll from those companies, they're fabulous but not for me.

I feel this way with a lot of things besides BJDs. There are so many beautiful clothes and dresses that i love to see on other people but i wouldn't like to have them for myself.

Ah! sometimes I wonder how dense I am!! I just realized that all my MSDs are from DOD and all my SDs are from Luts:sweat interesting xD