1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Notdoll mini discussion

Sep 9, 2006

1. oooh, thanks! it looks good. n___n

2. I took the Volks photos, I actually think the resin match is not great. I can post the photos though. I should clarify though, my Dollmore boy is a Dollpire, I think the resin may be a touch lighter than the regular resin, I only have a very old Asha to compare but that is what it looks like, but that may be good as if anything you would want to go lighter. My boy is not paperwhite, just pale.

3. thanks~ i'm more likely to buy a dollmore body than a volks body. i don't mind if the resin is slightly different as long as the neck fits. i'm probably going to put so much make-up on the head you won't notice the colour difference anyway.

4. Yeah, I think I like the Dollmore body so much better for this head.

5. i dont know if this is a good place to ask, but i have an adorable notdoll peru. i bought her second hand and she has a pair of eyes that look just too big (they barely show any white). i checked on the website and it says to use 16mm but im worried that she is wearing 16mm already. does anyone know what a good size for the eyes would be? does 14mm look a bit better??

thankies!!! :D

6. Hello thread! I'm in the process of buying a Peru girl (super impulsive, had to have her) and she's on layaway, does anyone have some spam for me? : D

7. I also just had to buy a Peru...which was a bit of an impulse buy even though I've seen Peru's gorgeous face before.Lol....but more pic spam of her would be welcomed :)

8. I ordered a Bleu Citron head. The web site says she has a head about 7inches. Does anyone know the circumference of her head??? I'm scared a 6-7 wig may be too small or a 7-8 wig is to big. Thanks all

9. I"m glad to see some activity on this thread again! Notdoll's minis are awesome and not as appreciated as they should be!

Maudib05, I believe that the Blue Citron head is the same size as my Princess P's head. And a wig size of 7-8 fits her quite well. I think a 6-7 would be too small.

10. Thank you for the help will order a 7-8 wig. I ordered a week ago. They said production should only talk 2 weeks. How consistent are they with their timelines....I.E. Will it get to me quickly LOL.

11. Maudib05, they are a good company to deal with. In addition to my Princess P, I also have a Nari Pon from Notdoll. As I recall, they are quite consistent with their estimates. I had both dolls within about 3 weeks of ordering. They are definitely one of the quicker companies out there.

12. LandLocked, good to hear. I'm only passed week one of two. Maybe the Notdoll lab scientists will be on my side and send me something sooner :D :crossing my fingers:

13. Do let us know when she arrives and post a pic or two if you can!

14. She's here. She's here.

Since NotDoll was late shipping her out...they gifted me a wig and set of Eyes (Note: the wig in the picture isn't the one they sent)

Introducing Plava La Lingua my NotDoll Bleu Citron
      [​IMG]

When thinking of a name for this oddly beautiful creature; I wanted to keep her name sake, "Bleu Citron." but I wanted to put my own twist on it,

Name history:
      1) Named after 'The Fifth Element' character Plava Laguna. She is the Operatic Blue Alien that stole the show.
      2) Coencidently "Plava Laguna" also means Blue Lagoon in Serbian/Croatian
      3) Lingua means tongue

Details:
      Face up done with Chalk pastels then sealed with UV MSC
      Applied UV Gloss Varnish to eyelids and lips
      The tongue was colored with several layers of Chalk pastels in various colors. I then applied my Opalescent Porous Skin technique for a more realistic texture

15. Sorry for the double post...I'm loving this Dolly
      [​IMG]

16. She's very cool! You did an awesome job on the faceup!

17. Thank you Landlocked. What's interestesting is the head.

I body blushd the bust i made. And I made sure that the resin matched the face. It does with the naked eye. And it looked normal thru the lens and under the dolly studio lighting ( I did adjust for the incandescent lighting with my camera)... Once i snaped the picture and loaded them in the computer.....The face started to give a blue hue. Almost glowing.

I wonder if That's the resin? If so how did notDoll do that? Maybe that's why they call her Bleu Citron :fangirl:

18. She got new eyes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

she got new eyes a month or so ago and needed to Share
      Eyes: Blue Cat Eyes by Masterpiece soft glass Eyes in 13mm

19. Gotta say, this is an awesome faceup! And the eyes are gorgeous : D

20. Maudibo5, great historical look to your Citron. Great job on the face-up!

I can see that this thread isn't very active, but I just bought a second hand "hot" Citron that I want to share. I don't know what to call her... I'd like to stick to the citrus concept (Mandarin?). Still thinking about it. I loved the photo early in this thread with the red wig, a look I've copied shamelessly. I changed her eyes to an electric blue in an attempt to get them to show more, and I lightened her tongue a bit... the "hot" version of Citron has brighter tongue and lips than the "bleu" form.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]