1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Notdoll Naripon discussion Part 1

May 25, 2006

1. Welcome to the club!

Yes, full girls come with eyes already in, and yes, I think they're often crooked. I adjusted mine to something I'm happier with. I do think round eyes fit them better. When I got my Pansy I got the full package with outfit and they sent along two extra wigs, two ladybugs, two birds, her metal carrying case, and a pretty silk pouch as well as the "birth certificate." :aheartbea

Juniper Snowpea is like the mother of all Naripons in the US, I think. She started me and another lady I know, and we started an entire fashion doll board... oops....

[​IMG]

Kemper has some wigs to fit her, although after some experimentation I've found I'm happiest with her silly curly notdoll wigs.

Another thought - I've noticed mine looks grumpier the more lace you put her in, which is a fun way to torture her - an excellent dealer on ebay for kelly size clothes with elaborate frills is hahnsmith, she made this outfit - which cost me $14 -

http://aliceandarthur.net/dolls/stories/100_2742.JPG

- including parasol, jewelled and feathered hat, and tiny matching crocheted shoes and underwear.

Becca the Alice

2. Some Kelly outfits fit, as the author of 7 Kelly books and creator of thousands of Kelly outfits, sometimes they fit Naripon, sometimes they don't. If in doubt, ask the designer to measure it and make sure it does fit. Any reputable seller will do that for you.

Hugs
      Mary-Lee

3. Well my Pansy arrived exactly one week after I ordered her! I got the naked Pansy plus 2 wigs and they sent me 7 extra wigs, an extra pair of eyes, some little bunnies and some teddy cushions :o

I am completely head over heels with this little girl. She was ooo my gosh so tiny (more petite and girly than my Orient so) She weighs heavier and feels so nice in my hand and that face oh that face is to die for. I am so so happy she is beyond my expectations, even more beautiful in person I am grinning like a loon. She has a slightly kicky left leg but stands well. I love her little belly and her fat little thighs and calves. I love love love her. :aheartbea Did I mention that? Little voices are whispering about sisters and the economy of sharing clothing la la la ..not listening :doh

Ps Her name is Polly

[​IMG]

More pics here

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140459

4. I love my nasty naripons!

Twiz has a mind of her own and has never clued in to what is considered "inappropriate" behaviour. Like correcting a wedgie in public! :lol:

[​IMG]

But I love her all the same!

5. I'm not frightened by dolls and I love Nari-pons. I have seen that exact malevolent expression on very little kid's faces when they were grouchy and it cracks me up. I have chosen to dress my personal Nari-pon, Malice, to complement the expression in her eyes. (I think it's the eyeliner and the pursed lips that makes them look so cross.)

[​IMG]

6. I just got my Naripon, (yippee! :D), but I have a few questions... her elastic is tied to the headcap and is strung super tight (her legs won't even straighten).

How hard is it to loosen the elastic once I untie it from the headcap? just give it a bit more slack and then retie?

I also ordered a few outfits for her and I thought the outfits would have snaps on the back.

Do I have to take off her head to put on her dress?

Thanks for any help.

Oh, and BTW, she is absolutely adorable...:love

7. Congratulations, Cudna! Aren't they great? You do not need to remove the head to dress them. Just wiggle them into the dress, feet first.

And the kicky legs, well. You need to fiddle around with them a bit first. It depends on the Pon too (I have three), but it seems some like to resist a bit. But loosening the string might help too (I've never needed to do this, though).

8. I used white pipe cleaners in my Naris legs to lessen the kicky-leg syndrome, they worked very well.

I have never tried loosening the elastic--I think I would try the pipe cleaners or even a slender, vinyl coated wire in the legs before I resorted to that.

9. Thanks for the comments everyone. I managed to get her dress on by taking off her headcap, it made her head a bit thinner and it slipped over fine. I also tried loosening the strings, but didn't realize until the knots were untied that the elastic is cut too short to be able to loosen it to the point where she will be able to straighten her legs.

I am going to try and contact Notdoll and see if they could send/sell me longer elastic and see if I might someday figure out how to restring her. For now, she is retied, but the poor baby still has not been able to stand. When I restring her, I will definitely try pipe cleaners or small wire in her legs.

Here is a quick photo of my Naripon Periwinkle.. can't wait until she can take her first steps!!
      [​IMG]

10. [​IMG]

I love my Pansy .. she rules the tiny world

11. I have 4 Naripons and a 5th on the way. One is an older one I bought from Ebay, the rest are from Notdoll.

I have seen NO problems whatsoever with quality--as a matter of fact, when I got my first one (from Notdoll) I was amazed when I picked her up how heavy and solid feeling she was for such a tiny thing. The resin is nice and thick and smooth, and the color and finish are beautiful. THey are also beautifully strung.

Now I guess I am the Nari mom of all time, since I love these little critters so much I had to get them all--well, not all, there are a couple I don't like the faces on. But I have Garlic (who is a girl now), Periwinkle, Pansy, and Violet; Daisy will complete our little family when she gets here (she is in Chicago customs now--:sumomo: )

I don't suppose it is out of the question that someone may have gotten a "faulty" doll--but my friends also have Naris, and they are all super quality. So I wouldn't worry, I would go ahead and get yours. I don't know how much longer Notdoll will have them--I did notice that they have discontinued the parts. That may not mean anything, but doll companies do end lines to start new ones!

Let us know if you get one, I know you will be pleased!

12. The only problem I have with Naripons is that whole "killing you in your sleep" thing. ;)

(sorry, couldn't resist)

13. Interesting question. I have my first Naripon Pansy coming in October. I'm getting her direct from Notdoll. I've only heard great things about them.. and, oh yeah... they're bossy! LOL! :roll:

14. You are too funny!!

I always laugh when I hear that--about them taking you out in your sleep or using tiny sharp implements--

I just don't GET that!! Bossy, yes--crabby, grumpy--yes, some of them. But my littles are so sweet I just want to cuddle them! (But of course they are too tiny to do that)

I think they are the sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeetest things!!:aangel: :aangel: :aangel: :aangel:

Maybe I just got good ones.

15. oh man juniper would bite your nose off if you tried to cuddle her.

did quality go down? i hadn't heard! joonie is pretty old, and her legs don't always pose really well, but it seems to do this in particular when she's wearing a costume she doesn't like.

so I always put that down to just joonie being... joonie.

get a pon!! they are SOOOOO adorable.

16. I think their quality is fine (the doll itself is perfectly cast and painted)- the only problem I had when I ordered was she is so tightly strung she cannot stand - Notdoll was pretty useless when I asked for help or information on how she was strung or how I can restring her.

I still haven't managed to get her to stand and cannot decide if I should sell her or replace her body with a Lillica body like tinybear did with Magrat.

17. WHERE do you buy a lillica head? I have a body that needs a head, and I want hers--
      Did you try using vinyl coated wire in her legs?

18. No idea, I was going to try and contact angel region about purchasing just a body. I'll buy your body if you want and then you can use that $$ to buy a whole doll?

How good is the skintone match between Lilica and Naripon?

19. I have a body from another doll that a Lillica head will fit on--so I don't want to part with my Lillica, just want to buy a head! I have contacted Angelregion twice about just purchasing a head, but so far no response--I thought maybe YOU knew!!

Color match I think is pretty good. The body I have is a tiny Dollinian body--I don't like the head, but the body is wonderful--poses great, nice resin, everything! So I would love a Lillica head to go on it.

If I hear back from Angel region on this I will PM you.

20. Thanks. :) Oh, I fully intend to get one of these babies. Bossiness doesn't faze me, you should neet my oldest daughter. Her first word was "NO!" and she hasn'r stopped saying it for 27 years....:lol:

Dolls and Friends used to carry Nari Pons, but doesn't anymore, and they told me it was because of concerns about quality as of late. I was just trying to suss out more information. Because whether it is an older or a new one, A Nari Pon is on my short wish list. :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea