1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Notdoll Naripon discussion Part 1

May 25, 2006

1. Thanks for the compliments! I'm so glad they are working out for you. I'm going to order some of the perle cotton in black (I got only colors this last batch). I'm very happy to hear they also fit the puki and momo.

2. OMGOMGOMG. On a lark I emailed notdoll and asked if I could sell copies of their outfits! THEY SAID YES!!!! I so didn't want to step on toes, but I really loved the outfits. I can't believe it.

3. That is wonderful news congratulations!:dance I can't wait to see the outfits!:thumbup

4. that is fantastic ...but you know I love your work and its beautifully made
      CONGRATULATIONS :chocoberry:chocoheart:truffle:whitetruffle

5. This is good to know because I love those tiny outfits, especially the clown outfits and the square hats!

Zoom-Zoooom your crochet hooks Semirans!!

6. I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle the clown one, I've been eyeing it for some time now. You guys are so encouraging! Avena keeps shaking her head about me crocheting outfits that she isn't getting to keep. I might have to look into some trades.

7. :truffle

:chocoberry Hi!
      I have an amazing person or two to tell you about. One person is Tina on eBay who goes by the user name luv2crochet4u Her work is unbelievable, you must see it!! Also check out this site: http://www.rosapalomino.com/forsale_tiny.htm
      Rosa is outstanding! She is very personable and accommodating. She works with her customer and shows you color choices. She makes boots and shoes for Nari Pons as well as Dresses and Head Bands. Her sister is also very talented and makes underwear for Nari Pons!! She makes solid colors as well as prints! Go to Rosa's website and email her, you can also ask her to have her sister contact you if you are interested in Nari Pon undies!! I have purchased numerous outfits and foot wear from the people that I have recommended and I highly recommend them.
      minniebunny:fangirl:

8. I totally agree with you Rosa does amazing work!:thumbup She has made me 4 pairs of boots now and they are wonderful, so perfect! Also she is a lovely lady to deal with too!;)

9. I'm glad you're ordering the black, Semi :chocoberry
      Back when I had a Pon, she had a wardrobe of about 10 dresses that Semirans made for me. She also made a bunch of little crocheted flowers in TONS of colors that she sent me in a baggie so that I could have fun customizing my dresses. That was back when she was using the larger thread. I haven't even seen the new stuff she's making with the smaller thread, but I would imagine it's pretty high quality. She's also making me some clothes for another set of dolls (but those dolls aren't on topic). I am also trying to bully her into making more accessory type things for the wee ones. I am going to have to break down and buy a Pon again. I'm so torn. I want to have a Pon, but I also want a BonBon :chocoheart:chocoheart If I get a BonBon you can bet she'll wear Semi's clothes. Would that mean she was semi-clothed (alright- you can beat me now)?

10. Okay, folks - I hate to admit it but I've been hit by the Nariponis bug. Has anyone come up with a cure? My mistake was I went to the Notdoll site to purchase a wig and eyes for Miep and a lil' one attached herself to my shopping cart. I hemmed and hawed for 2 hours and finally was able to remove her, but now I keep thinking about her. I can't decide between Daisy or nakey Ginger... It also doesn't help knowing that they can wear Kelly outfits and they are so portable. I know I'm gonna regret this, but does anyone have a side by side pic of Daisy and Ginger? I'm thinking if my medical tests go well next week and I pass with flying colors, I may get a Naripon to celebrate. Sounds stupid, doesn't it? Help!!!

11. People seem to love them or hate them; no middle ground here much. It was difficult paying that much money for the first tiny doll I bought, but I have had so much fun with them that I don't regret any of them. I guess I'm one of those weird people who like Notdolls in general (the big ones as well). I had to have a Nari-pon the moment I saw one. I find all the Notdolls to be strangely appealing and I wish I had all of them.

12. When hrh_babydoll bought her Pansy, I wondered why she liked the teeny baby with the Popeye arms so much. But then I guess I got Pea'd, by the Snowpea, of course, and I had to have one too. I will admit to hoping and praying to the pagan bjd gods that mine would have a sulky, naughty, spoiled sassy brat expression. Petula did not disappoint. Their faces are highly interpretive, very reactive to the open mind. For exampl. I am thinking of getting a few pukis, so Pet looks sad, as if to say, "Why do you want those, am I not enough?". I put her up near the comp. screen to compare size and look, she thinks to me, "They better stay away from my stuff" or more to the point, "I'm going to tear them limb frm limb." or "I'm wiping that Sugar's smile off her face".

I love love love my Naripon Pansy, but I'll get the pukis later anyway. Because I can, I'm greedy and it's fun to irk her.

Someday, hrh and I will take pics of our naughty ones, meanwhile the playing never stops.

linakauno, I love Malice's name and look! If she were a larger doll, I'd be afraid of her(the big Notdolls scare me). But she's perfect. She needs a little gothic castle with a dungeon and tortured slaves. Or a movie! She's another one that exudes personality. Sorry for the ramble, I just had coffee.

13. ha ha, any celebration for a new doll. And your Naripon can slip into your pocket or purse easily. Very mobile (unlike the larger dolls).

Hope your tests go well, and you DO pass with flying colors.

Hugs
      Mary-Lee

14. Here's my pics of my 2 Ginger Pons. The on on the left is the newest one that I rec'd from NotDoll in Oct. 2007.

I have never seen another Ginger Pon on DoA. So you may have to take my pic and put it next to another pic of Daisy.

[​IMG]

15. They are the cutest little things! I resisted for 2.5 years, but I couldn't get that little Pansy out of my mind and bought th1's tiny, then she couldn't be without a Pon and bought 2! Isn't that right Teryl? They are just the oddest little heart warmers ever! Even a Puki doesn't have that Pon thing. I love my Puki/Rolo, but Pfft! just has an attitude that no other BJD has. I think if Puki brought out a grumpy tiny, I'd crumble and sell another of my tinies for one. Naughty me!
      [​IMG]

16. Uh-oh, Valli.... a grumpy PUKI????????? I could just imagine it! :lol:

You are right, there is something very special with the Pons and their major attitudes! Seems like each one is very different after they arrive at their new home. When Pfft was with me, I could never get her to do the things that she does for you! LOL!!

17. Thanks to all who answered my post, it helps alot. Now to decide which one...

Update: Naripon may be coming home at a later date. Thanks for the best wishes on my medical tests, I passed with flying colors. Originally I was going to adopt a Naripon but my husband suggested I get a Bobobie Sprite girl I've had my eye on as well. He reasoned that since I already have an Orientdoll tiny, I should get a larger doll instead. I caved, but that doesn't mean a Naripon isn't going to get adopted in the near future, I still have a birthday coming up in the summer.

18. the first time i saw one, i was a little scared. May be because she was a bit sulky?
      hmmm.. but I'm still not drawn to them now. They still scare me.

19. I'm probably the only one in this thread, but... I just don't like the face... ^^; She looks very... squished. I haven't seen one in person, but in pictures her eyes are a bit wide-set and VERY close to the end of her nose, and her lips are pursed up in her face while her chubby cheeks are set low. So... squished. ^^; I just don't think she's appealing, although I know (and this thread proves!) there are many who do! ^_^ Just not my kind of doll, I guess.