1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

OasisDoll Discussion Thread Part 2

Dec 18, 2013

1. Haha! I'm already in touch with @killbill!!
      I am a bit concerned with the neck diameter of 3.3 cm. Most of my doll heads are closer to 3.8cm.
      I saw on facebook that these heads will fit on Dollshe 18M (I assume Maxi). I am waiting for 2 Mystic bodies with 12.5cm neck girths. Can't imagine they would fit...

Also, to see the differences between these sculpts, I would need to see faceups to choose.

2. Yay! My Tian Qing is on his way! I made an executive decision and ordered him during the pre-sale. I'm prepared to open the neck hole if I need to. Anyone else waiting for these boys?

#142 Mahgiep, Dec 3, 2019
      Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    3. I ordered Tian Qing and Zi Lan.
      I'm really looking forward to working on them. For TQ I already have ordered a body. If he turns out a match Zi Lan will get the same.
      It's Granado Lads Plus with jointed hands.
      People on fb already mentioned Granado NS is a match with Oasisdoll NS.
      I hope it's true.

Do you have ideas what look they are going to have?
      I love to check out instagram frequently to see interpretations of people who have them.
      Feels like almost everyone is from China xD

4. I am waiting for my Loongsoul doll that I ordered in December. He will share te body. The doll's neck is 11.5cm and Tian Qing's neck opening is 10.5cm so I will need to mod it. All my dolls are 70-72cms and I want him to blend in. So I am stalled on his faceup. The Granado Lads Plus looks really great. If it had wider shoulders, chest, etc. I would grab one!

5. maybe the Granado Zen body is your style. I think it's also very tall.

For me I'd like to create the Untamed characters. Especially Wang Yibo is quite thin, so Tian Qing (in my version) needs a youthful slender body.

6. @DeanDynamite
      Yes. I too would prefer that! I'll look at the Zen body.
      Naw, too skinny for my clothes and the neck size is the same as the Loongsoul B-B73-02. I think the Longsoul body has a 20yr old body and would fit all my clothes. BTW, IRL Wang Yibo is shorter than Xiao Zhan. They are both very skinny! Where will you get clothes? SPO?
      Love your dolls!

7. Too skinny? For my habits he's already huge haha xD
      Yes Yibo is shorter, he's also thinner, but I always felt like in the series they seem to be quite alike. I guess it would look better on the later pictures if their proportions match with each other.

I will create the outfit myself. I'm very interested in creating such a look. It's a good challenge.
      Same for the hairstyle. Such a wig just doesn't exist.

If you're interested in seing my progress I will share results in about three months (when body and head hopefully have arrived) on my instagram. (minjoonsummer)
      And thanks a lot for liking my dolls :)
      I hope u will share your Tian Qing too

8. @DeanDynamite I am following you to see your progress!
      I think they looked the same height in the series on purpose. I only noticed the height difference in videos of them.
      Your clothes are beautiful! You are very talented!
      I will certainly share!
      I forgot to mention that I plan on getting Rugged Realism Aquillo in 65cm as soon as Helene is ready for preorders. I know that she also plans 2 more heads and I may change my mind on the head. But this body looks younger and less muscle bound to me than the Loongsoul body. Again the neck will be 11.5cm so TQ will need some modding but this may be a better choice of body for him.

Another turn of events, while the sale is on, I found out I can indeed order a Loongsoul body like Wolf with a 10.5cm neck. I asked Alice's Collections and they simply applied a a toggle on the ordering page for both 11.5cm or 10.5cm, so I have ordered it! Tian Qing has a body coming.

9. I told u :) nice! Can't wait to see the whole doll.
      Now we have to wait patiently.
      And thanks for the compliments, I blushed a bit :D

10. I ordered a Tian Qing head as well! He's going to be a character of mine and I want him to be slender and in line with my other dolls (the tallest is ~70 cm). I have an Akagidoll 66cm body for this character already at home and I'm hoping he'll work proportions-wise, the neck is 10.8 so hopefully it will! The colour will be off but that's to be expected.

Very excited to see everyone's heads arrive, there aren't enough of them on Instagram :D

11. I've had my head for a while with no faceup. I am waiting for a body to see if I need to mod. My plan was to submerge the head in water while I sanded the neck opening to avoid resin dust. But only without a faceup. If you want, I can take photos of the blank head or are you wanting to see how people paint the face?

12. Hey guys! I got new eyes for my Linglan and I just wanted to share a photo here :D Their size is 14mm, SoulinaBox eyes in old spice color, if someone wants to know ^_^

[​IMG]Linglan1 by Naisha Nai, en Flickr

13. I really wanted to order Tian Qing but I'm very new to this hobby and was too worried about how hard it would be to find a body. My only bjd already had a matching body and faceup when I got him. I hope you guys will post your progress though :3nodding:

14. I ordered a Loongsoul body for Tian Qing late January. It will be June or later before it comes. Hopefully someone can advise you before that, but I will definitely post photos.

15. Thank you. I think there are still a bunch of people waiting. I'm still considering trying just because the sculpt is so amazing, but I don't understand the whole neck size thing.

16. The neck hole in the bottom of the head needs to fit the neck on the doll body. If the neck hole is a touch small, the hole can be sanded to fit. Best to sand immersed in water on a doll with a blank face because air borne resin particles are toxic.

I think it's harder to make them match if the head hole is too large for the neck, although there are adapters that fit between the neck hole and neck. I have two different adapters but have never used either so far (one came with the doll head). Iplehouse body neck measurements don't ever seem to be the true size of the top of the neck in my experience. They flare out bigger than where they must measure them. You can see why so many collectors end up with floating heads! I hope this explanation doesn't scare you away! I love my Tian Qing head and am waiting patiently to see if my body will match. But just in case, I am not painting his faceup so I can mod his hole in water if necessary.

17. oasisdoll said the heads are going to ship in mid march... it's mid march but nothing happens... T_T

my bodies also arrive in may or june...

18. I'm so excited to see Oasisdoll gain more traction. Their dolls are so lovely. I hope Sarina keeps making boys! All of my Oasisdolls are probably too old to be relevant for hybrid info, but they match Volks and Sadol fairly well if it helps!

@Naisha, those eyes look perfect!

I'm finally getting my second Natalie painted, and I think I want to pick up a Yaoyue in the near future.

19. I ordered a Yaoyue head and a Linglan head in mid-Jan, I am hoping they will ship early April, if the EMS courier comes back online like they’re saying.

20. While your's are on he way I already got mine!

Here is the unboxing:
      I also put the heads on 65-68 cm bodies so you can see how they look. Skin color is not matching, but those are not their bodies.