1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obitsu 50cm Body Doll

Oct 7, 2010

1. It only seems hard, mostly because it is very different from the older neck piece. But realistically, how often do you take off a doll's head? The new neck piece provides a very secure attachment and interferes less with eyes during extreme head moves.

2. i just got Kumiko yesterday!
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...Kumiko-My-65cm-Obitsu-(Image-heavy-amp-nudity)

but i realise 65cm have limited body movement.. her legs can only be bended to a 90 degree angle.. same for her hands. @_@

Gretel head eyes are harder to put in.. so i used a hairdryer and made it softer..

@ K-2! : Agreeing with you. took me quite long to get her head in.. but it was worth it! >< it really doesnt interferes with the eyes at all ><

3. im sorry to make this old thread go up again :/, i was wondering if any resin head can be attached to the 50 cm obitsu body also, the wich resin skin color match the obitsu body ( natural one ) if anyone knows, or have don this before it would be awesome!! :D

4. The short answer is yes. Just about head can fit the 50cm body.

Some things to take into consideration when deciding on your combo are skin color (as you pointed out), relative scale of the head, and size of the "neck socket" (the indentation at the base of the head where the neck attaches).

I don't have any resin dolls and there are way too many different brands and colors to compile a list of what does or doesn't match. Your best bet is to find the head you like and then ask in one of the Obitsu thread if anyone has that doll and which of the company's resin colors might match Obitsu white skin. I do have a number of Dollfie Dreams and can say that Volks DD2 normal is a very good match for Obitsu White skin.

Next the scale of the head should work with the scale of the body. The 50cm is on the small end of the 1/3 scale so some of the larger 1/3 scale heads might give a bobblehead appearance, which is fine if that's what you are after. For a more natural appearance look for heads in the 7-8" circumference range. You can go a little larger or a little smaller as your tastes may vary.

The size of the neck socket is another important consideration. While not a big aesthetic issue, it can be a mechanical one. Find out what the neck circumference is of the doll the new head normally goes with. The Obitsu 50cm's neck circumference is about 7cm. For the new head to seat on the 50cm body nicely you probably want to look for a neck size the same or a little larger. If the neck size is smaller than that of the Obitsu, you might have to enlarge the neck socket on the new head to accommodate the Obitsu's larger neck. Likewise if it is too big, steps may have to be taken to prevent floppiness. This neck circumference issue does not take into consideration the shape of the top of the doll's neck. Some dolls have relatively flat neck tops while others are more rounded. So that seemingly large, but rounded neck may still fit all right. The Obitsu neck top is relatively flat.

I have done a tutorial on how to adapt the 50cm's neck piece to accommodate other heads and it can be found here:
      http://www.dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1931

Good Luck

5. Googled around trying to find the wig size for an Obitsu 50cm or vmf50, and found this topic. I did see in the beginning that size 8 wig can fit. I'm not too familiar with wig sizes since the one I have now has rooted hair, but in the future I'd like to know what sizes of wig can be worn for this. Thank you!

6. This page from Parabox lists the relative wig sizes for most vinyl (Obitsu/Parabox) heads. The VMF50 heads are very close in size to the stock Obitsu 50cm as are the two Visuadoll girls.
      http://www.parabox.jp/eng/wig.html

7. Arr! Thanks for pointing that out K-2! I saw that page and missed the description for Obitsu 50cm. So looks like 7inch wig will work for sure. Thank you. I also saw a bunch of wigs at Hobby Search for Obitsu 60cm, but none for 50cm... I wonder if the head size is similar not. They have nice style and colours...

8. Hobby Link site seems to be down for maintenance at the moment but if I remember right, most of their wigs they have are aimed at the Obitsu and Azone 60cm anime style heads, which are in the 22-24cm (9") range. The two "standard" 50cm heads are 18cm (7"). So those 60cm head wigs might be a bit roomy on the 50cm.

I'm kinda partial to JpopDoll wigs myself.
      http://www.jpopdolls.net/store/home.php?cat=6

9. It's back up now, but I realize I really need to be more attentive to details... There are a few sizes for those wigs and the smallest size is 8", which might work on 50cm? Thank you very much for the information and the link. :)

10. I don't know. An 8" is quite a bit bigger than the 7" heads. I know some of those styles are made in the 7" size.
      http://vmf.yamato-toys.com/items/goods_list.php?gid=3#sid1003

11. Interesting looking at that link because it does list the Obitsu 60cm wigs. So it works, but it will just be big. Some of them seem to be able to make it work maybe.

12. Reviving this old thread! I just purchased a 50cm Obitsu from Mandarake and am super excited! Is there anything in particular I should know about the 50cm model?

Here's the link for reference.