1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obitsu General Discussion - Part Three (60cm, 55cm, 50cm and 47cm)

Oct 14, 2016

1. If you're after the Angel Philia vinyl 'skins' (or whatever you want to call the not skeleton bits) torso-wise check out Mandarake. They've got a few, in numerous styles.

And yeah the default obitsu outer parts are made from thin hollow vinyl - sanding would result in holes.

Otherwise, sorry I'll bow out to @K-2!'s superior knowledge.

2. The stock Obitsu abdomen (lower torso) is pretty slim and the girth of the H Type thighs might look a bit awkward with it. A better substitute abdomen (in descending order) would be the AZ02, the A Type, the G Type, and finally the C Type. Other slimmer abdomens might start to look weird.
      FaithZ currently has H Type torsos in stock (regular and softskin, white and tan) and will sell/ship internationally.
      Lower Torso : FaithZ - A Hobby store for Toys , Nendoroid , BJD , Angel Philia and Collectibles - International shipping and Layaway available

The vinyl exterior skins on these dolls are relatively thin, about 2mm or less. It is possible to do a little sculpting/sanding to certain areas of some parts where the vinyl has built up during manufacturing (mouths, ears, nipples, fingers, toes) but it needs to be done with the utmost care as you can quickly and unexpectedly blow through the vinyl. I wouldn't even think of doing any sanding on softskin parts.
      If you are looking for a very small/flat bust look for an Obitsu small bust, an AP C1 bust, or a RAP H2 bust. If either of these are too small I refer you to my bust/body chart, which shows the range of busts and abdomens that have been made for the 48/50cm body (most of them).
      http://madhvinyl.com/Posts/333/MVBustChart02.jpg

Again, FaithZ has a good selection of busts in stock at very reasonable prices.
      Upper Torso : FaithZ - A Hobby store for Toys , Nendoroid , BJD , Angel Philia and Collectibles - International shipping and Layaway available

#222 K-2!, Aug 3, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    3. Would Volks MSD-sized clothes fit the 50cm dolls?

4. It's kind of hit or miss. These bodies are similar in circumference up to the medium busts. The stock large bust available for the Obitsu 50cms is slightly larger than the Volks MSD large bust. The legs and arms are longer. Really tailored stuff will be questionable. Stretchy or baggy things will be okay. Long sleeves and pant legs will be a little short. Dress hems will be a little higher.

#224 K-2!, Aug 7, 2018
      Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    5. I see, thank you.

6. My Pecosa is complete :)

[​IMG]

7. So cute! Thanks for sharing.

8. Hello! Hope this is the right place to ask^^
      I am interested in Angel Philia dolls, and try to figure out the waiting times. Does anybody know how long it usually takes to ship the doll from Faithz? :)

9. @Rook_Sever I only waited about 10 days! I've ordered from FaithZ 3 times, all were good. The doll I wanted was in stock, so they also allow pre-orders which would take longer.

#229 mollym, Aug 21, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    10. @mollym well, pretty quick! Good to know, thank you :3nodding:

11. @K-2! Do you think azo2 shins would look alright on an obitsu 48/50cm?
      I'm trying to track a pair down

12. The AZ02 shins aren't much heavier than the stock shins so they will probably be fine.
      Good Luck finding some.

13. Thanks. I'm really looking
      I see people buying or talking about buying angel philia C shins. Aren't they the same as obitsu? I actually had a pair of AP shins once but they were just blushed obitsu shins. I sold them later

14. Obitsu makes 48/50cm dolls and parts for Angel Philia, Real Art Projects, Azone, Visuadoll, Parabox, and few others. A high percentage of all these parts are interchangeable, so those AP parts will fit Obitsu, Azone, and other 48/50cm bodies. Some of these companies design custom parts that Obitsu manufactures exclusively for them. The AZ02 body is one of these items. AP bodies/heads and their tan skin are exclusive to AP. Visuadoll has several exclusive head designs. Parabox designed special parts for their 40cm through 47cm bodies and a lot of heads.
      There are a number of parts that are common to all these dolls. Internal skeletons, hands, flat feet, shins, fore arms, and upper arms are some of these common parts.

15. I made my mind up l am going with a obitsu 48cm body with a Hime Ane head.

Now just to find out what kind of doll furniture would look good with this size.

16. @Captin Janeway congratulations! Hime-An is my pick too, only in the 40cm size. I hope you will share pictures! I can’t get mine yet, so I’m looking forward to seeing your girl.

17. Kurogane thank you and l can easily make her into a 45cm too by changing some parts.

18. Pecosa wanted to say hi :)

[​IMG]

19. I won the game guess how many Harukas are on the picture. I never win anything but I decided to enter the game anyways and I won :)

@K-2! contact me and told me to pick my price. Well I said I would like a large bust for my Pecosa or a pair of shoes. I was expecting just one thing but I got the package today, and I got a lot more. I got two beautiful pairs of Obitsu shoes, a large bust, a Monique black wig, and a note pad. I'm so happy and my Pecosa looks great. Thank you @k-2 for the awesome prices :)

[​IMG]

#239 MrFjmg2003, Oct 2, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 3, 2018