1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obitsu General Discussion - Part Three (60cm, 55cm, 50cm and 47cm)

Oct 14, 2016

1. Hopping in to ask if anyone else ordered #42/Cheimi? She was so beautiful I couldn't pass her up. Finally my first AP doll! She was set to release in December and as the days tick down I'm refreshing her page more and more. A few weeks ago she popped up on Mandarake but wasn't available yet - quite the tease. Not worried about it or anything, just wanted to see if anyone else had ordered her :)

2. This poor thread, so long since a new post! I have to share my new girl, the first arrival of 2019 and my first of likely more....my AP Aoi! I redid her faceup less than 12 hours after receiving her, bc while "cute" that default had to go. I do wish they put a bit more detail into the defaults...they are so minimal and don't seem to honor the shapes of the faces really well. but /shrug. So here's Amelia, she in the tan skin with the smallest bust, and then I just purchased 1 step up in bosom sizes, but its still pretty hard to tell when clothed, anyways!

[​IMG]

Don't mind the wig netting, im still finishing it up! XD​

3. Oh wow, she is so flawless. I love how dreamy and expressive the face-up is! And the freckles, too, just too lovely.

4. Ah thank you! yes! dreamy! That's a fabulous word! :3

5. I'm a fan of AP dolls as well. I agree, the faceups are a bit minimal, but customization is certainly always an option. Congrats on your Aoi! One of my favorite aspects of the AP line are the wide variety of parts, it makes it possible to have a variety of bust from the very conservative sizes to the ridiculous. I would say the two smaller sizes are much easier to dress, as your Aoi has a very lovely outfit and overall style.

6. OH YES, THE BUST OPTIONS! hahaha they are the best! maybe eventually i'll get another gal and she can have the more...interesting sizes. >.> but i do enjoy the versatility of the smaller size. She fits into many MSD things, sometimes the dresses are too short, but also then very slim SD styles. I really love her squish. I have tried some other clothes on her, and i need to make more, but she does fit into pants made for the Summerbird Viola body, which is a find, as shes seemingly inherited them from my other girl... @.@

And for the faceups, man, maybe just more than pencil eyebrows? but to each their own, it does work on some i think. XD

7. [​IMG]

Here is my Obitsu hybrid. I'd like to make another hybrid sometime and style her like a demon, but I don't know if I'd rather have a tan girl or go on a dye adventure and make her red. I promise to share pictures whenever I get around to the project.

8. Nice hybrid @Gab_Is_Dumb !

Here's one of my hybrids. She just got a new wig and I think it's so cute.
      [​IMG]

9. I really need to post my ap here too, but he's getting a new wig and everything~
      Mohair is pretty easy to work with aparrently

10. It seems that here is the right thread to share Angel Philia pictures. So let me introduce you my Angel Philia Sayo, whose name is ... Sayo ( well yeah, I love that name and I think it fits well my girl so she kept it ) :

[​IMG]Pink Nyan Nyan by Lyly Esp, sur Flickr

11. Is Sayo the same head as Alice? I was considering an Alice... she looks really lovely.

12. Can you lovely vinyl doll owners tell me what you think of vinyl verses resin?
      For those of you who prefer vinyl, can you explain why?
      I fallen in love with Angel Philia's Elle, but I have trouble with that price tag for something that can stain and crack. @_@
      Thanks in advance. <3

EDIT: I'm blind, I found a bunch of posts asking exactly what I did, so my questions are pretty much answered. XD
      I still wouldn't mind knowing what you like about vinyl dolls in particular though! <3

#272 Birdydown, Apr 2, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    13. I think one of the biggest appeals of vinyl is that they are typically better at posing.

14. Same, it's the posing. It's far easier for me to handle and pose a vinyl body than resin. The price is also a bonus. Not that there aren't affordable resin BJDs out there!

15. Thank you!

So you find them cheaper?
      I suppose it depends on the doll, I'm assuming Angel Philia aren't exactly the cheapest. XD
      Thanks for answering! <3

16. @Birdydown I typically buy all of my dolls second hand but not all, and most have been generic Obitsu. I don't buy full sets.

17. So here's my advice that I give to everyone, vinyl or resin lovers (and everything in between)
      Get what you love! Yes, some of these dolls are quite expensive, but save your pennies and one day you'll be able to get what you want. What you love! It's worth it in the end. :XD:

Good luck!

18. Ah, thank you! <3

Thank you!
      I guess I have some thinking to do. :XD:

19. I like vinyl dolls because they pose wonderfully, are light weight, and no elastics, and if something breaks, you can get replacement parts. As for the staining, I just choose light colors or use the anti stain suit. I have had wigs stain even with a silicone wig cap, but I use acne cream with hydrogen peroxide to get the stains out. It does wonders, even with dark stains.

I agree, just get what you really like. At first I was hesitant with vinyl and stains, but gotone anyway, and would get more if I had the budget.

20. I guess staining is just something that sounds scarier than it is?
      I appreciate your input. <3