1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obitsu General Discussion - Part Three (60cm, 55cm, 50cm and 47cm)

Oct 14, 2016

1. Thank you for the info, K-2! I went to the Mammodoll site and they have silicone busts for 50 and 60 cm dolls. My vinyl girls are all 60cm and they had the large bust that was in the photo I posted. The site had a link to the owner's twitter account and direct any questions to him there. I don't know if he understood English so I tweeted in Japanese asking the price of the largest piece on the site. It is called 60神乳. In English it is called God Milk. He responded that he is not making the God Milk now:...(. I don't know if he will start making it again in the future or if it has been discontinued permanently. So I guess my only option is to hopefully find one on YJA.

2. Thank you! I'm inclined to think that your 60cm girl doesn't really squeak then, because the squeaking of my small Obitsu is so obvious that it would be very hard to forget. :lol:

3. The 40cm through 50cm bodies generally don't squeak (I've got about 35 of them), yet the joints are usually pretty tight (good for posing). The older 55/60cm bodies were more prone to squeaking. Didn't really affect them.

4. 35 of them, that's awesome!! Thank you for your help! I have no problem with my 24cm squeaking, but the thought of a much bigger doll doing it was kind of daunting. It's great to discover Obitsu and I'm looking forward to getting a big girl.

5. All my Obi's are 40cm and larger. I really can't speak for the 1/6 scale models' performance. They are constructed much differently than the larger 1/3 scale bodies.

6. Hi, guys. I have a question - has anyone anyone had issues with Obitsu's/Parabox's vinyl aging very quickly? I'm asking here because what I've seen in pictures of used bodies on Mandarake kind of alarms me.

Thanks!

7. @Selenae Yes, my Obitsu aged much faster than my Dollfie Dream. And parts of it yellowed unevenly.

8. Ooof, yikes. Thank you for letting me know!

Going to reconsider grabbing an Obitsu.

#308 Selenae, Aug 2, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    9. I have 40+ Obitsus of various ages, several well over 10 years old. I have not experienced any excessively quick aging of the dolls I purchased new, which is most of them.
      With used products you can never really know the history of a doll, how it was stored, handled, etc. Ultra violet light, smoke, skin oils, air borne contaminants, etc. can all cause vinyl to age quickly.
      In 2012 I bought a used Seedring Male, an Obitsu 55cm vinyl produced in a single limited run circa 2007. The doll looked fine in the sale pictures, but I knew nothing of how it was stored or displayed. Upon examining the doll I found the entire doll's vinyl parts to be unusually hard. After a short amount of time (hours) and minimal handling the entire bottom of the doll's head shattered. This was in sharp contrast to the condition of another Seedring I have owned for several years, which had seen a lot of action/posing.

Also there are frequently minor variances in the color of different parts of one vinyl doll, as all the parts from one doll will not necessarily come from the same batch of vinyl. Unlike most resins where you place an order and the factory mixes up a batch of resin and casts all a doll's parts, vinyl dolls are more of a mass produced commodity. One day they may be making leg parts, tomorrow it might be torsos, and the day after arm parts. Some time during that process they may go through several mixes of vinyl.
      They use the same formula but the materials they buy may not all be exactly the same. Minor variances in color across a vinyl's parts are normal.

10. Ah, yes, I'm aware of this, haha. The Obitsu won't be my first foray into vinyl. I was asking more along the lines of general aging expectancy since I've read that Obitsu's vinyl ages far faster than Volks's does.

I'm considering hybriding a Volks DDH10 onto either the 40cm or 47cm girl bodies since I don't care for how odd-looking the torso of the 45cm body is, or how skinny Volks' DD bodies are in general.

11. The plasticizer must have leaked out. Vinyl (in its purest form) is actually quite brittle. Manufacturers typically add plasticizers to make it softer and more flexible, but these plasticizers leak out after a while (usually 20-50 years). As for mine, I honestly don't know for sure what made the difference- it might have been storing it in a box when I moved home from college, it might have simply been a bad batch.

12. Hello everyone!

I just saw this posted on the Obitsu blog:

OBITSU BODY 50/48 マイナーチェンジのお知らせ

It sounds like they're changing the material of several parts:

- Chest & abdomen from soft to semi-rigid to prevent the vinyl warping/denting, and also to provide the doll more consistent color

- Upper arm, forearm, thigh, shin, and can from rigid to semi-rigid to increase poseability, make it easier to swap parts, and change hands

Azone also has a notification up on their website, saying this will affect their dolls, too:

オビツボディの一部構造と材料組成の変更のお知らせ – アゾンニュース

Really curious to see how this works? (Also, will it eventually affect Angel Philia?)

I believe Obitsu also does all the casting for Smart Doll, so I wonder if this has any impact on them...

I'm also curious to see if this will mean they won't have such a yellowing/discoloration issue, since the whole body will be the same material going forward??

13. That's exciting! I look forward to seeing obitsus improved articulation. I have this weird love for kneeling poses after all. I just hope that the torso material change is wise and doesnt make it super hard to use the spine articulation.

Also, rip soft boobs.

14. That is really exciting news except it may prove to be expensive if I
      decide that I need new bodies for my dancers.

15. Can anyone clarify, does this change affect the parts for the armatures or only the 'outer shell' parts for the doll?

16. Sounds like just the exterior vinyls will change.

17. .
      [​IMG]

#317 Magical Rin, Dec 31, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
    18. My 60cm does squeak a bit. Her abdamon and bottom is vinyl.

Does obitsu have vinyl top halves too?

19. @Magical Rin your girl is adorable!
      @Cauldroness her new eyes suit her! Love that color green.

I just got a used Azone Cecily on what I think is an older Obotsu 50cm body. She's amazing, but naked. ::edit:: Just realised I can't share photos because she has painted eyes. Opps