1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obitsu General Discussion - Part Three (60cm, 55cm, 50cm and 47cm)

Oct 14, 2016

1. I've had great luck with FaithZ. That store is my #1 recommendation. Different editions are released fairly regularly, with some slow down with the 'stuff' that's been going on the past few years. I think production of materials down to the increased shipping costs and times are the major factors still to blame. Previous released dolls are sometimes listed on Mandrake or Y!Japan. If you can translate pages, and am comfortable using a shopping service and paying double postage, you can check out Tommy's site too.

2. Faithz is a good place to get them. I've ordered lots of stuff through them, including my Angel Philia Ellie.

And in addition to second-hand Angel Philia dolls, Mandarake does sell brand-new in-stock ones regularly too. But they tend to get sold out quite quickly. I just bought a brand-new Angel Philia Kumi from Mandarake a few weeks ago.

3. @mollym @namika
      Thanks for the recommendations! I feel confident knowing others have ordered from Faithz and Mandarake. It seems Angelphilias are difficult to come by, but I guess patience is key.:)

4. Heather ready to go to bed :)

[​IMG]

5. Yahoo Auctions is good too, worth keeping a look out on there. If you're lucky you can pick up a doll for 300$ but it's few and far between and the selection is obviously luck based.

6. Obitsu 50-07 (Manatsu) is available for order as semi-order on the ObitsuShop site! I’m not good at reading Japanese, but it looks like the notice at the top of her product page says she’ll be available from October 30th, 2021 to December 31st, 2023.

7. Has anyone here tried Iplehouse FID clothing on an Obitsu 50 woman body?

8. Abuelita

[​IMG]

9. I have liked her on 2 different platforms now! It’s going to be 3 likes on 3 different platforms soon. Abuelita is so unique. That’s why.

10. Thank you. I love your girls too. But I’m not going to lie I wish you would share more of your Obitsu boy. I’m still super jeleous you have an Obitsu boy body. I been looking for an obitsu boy body forever Any plans for his head?

11. Alright, I'm having trouble with a project and I wondered if anyone could help. I'm trying to put together a male vinyl doll, using an Obitsu female doll as a base. I am trying to make a smartdoll male bust slightly smaller, to fit onto the Obitsu body better, but no glue I've tried seems to work. I've tried gorilla glue, I've tried some Tamia craft bond that's specifically for plastic, I've tried hot glue, I've even tried spray adhesive in a moment of desperation. But nothing has worked, and I'm rather worried that I've now ruined the bust I was trying to alter. Does anything work on vinyl?

12. Just passing through trying out posting photos. I haven’t been able to in years.
      [​IMG]

13. Eheh.. Well, there’s not much to say about him aside that I switched his elbows from the older single-jointed ones to the 50cm double-jointed elbows about a month or two ago.

It took me about 2 to 3 hours sanding, widening and trimming the insides of his arms, sticks and holes for everything to fit and work. I would’ve finished earlier if I had a sander, PVC plastic pipe cutter and drill. All I had were the tools from a 9-piece gunpla tool kit and a craft knife. I’m glad the blade didn’t snap or splinter when I used it to widen inside of the torso and elbow joints.

I want his head to be a Ringdoll Cryan head in Normal skin with the elf ear headcap.

14. The only 'glue' I can think that might work is a resin like the UV type or epoxy. I've never tried it, so it may also just peel off like it does from silicone or smoother plastics. If temporary is okay, some kind of clay may also work. This is a real pickle.

15. @mollym It's worth a try, anyway. I also ran across another website that suggested a vinyl repair kit, the kind you use for cars. Thank you for your advice. If nothing else, I guess I could just mummify it in masking tape.

16. I haven’t learned how to post pictures on here yet. I can on DollDreaming though!

Are they all Haruka (including the mustached one, which I‘ve never seen before)??

My first Obitsu 60 came with that head. Let’s see if I can post the seller’s picture on here..

This is related, but I love discontinued dolls! You know, except for being unable to find replacement parts! I would love to add an Obitsu 55cm to my family.

Would it be a boy or a girl? I want to add a second boy to my family. I could try adding the picture of my male 65 with his switched elbows too.. But not right now. I’m really busy.

17. Hello. I’m relatively new to the bjd hobby and even newer to the vinyl doll hobby. I bought my first Angel Philia 3 months ago brand new from mandarake.

She’s a super whitey Mona and I’m absolutely in love with her. :D I’m having a lot of fun piecing together clothing and seeing what fits. I have some questions however.

She came with three hands, with the gripping hands already attached. I’ve been doing some research on how to replace her hands. I’ve learned that you need to heat up her wrists with a blow dryer but you risk damaging the wrist if not warmed up enough.

I’m super cautious with her since she’s so new and I don’t want to damage anything. I saw someone talking about their Dollfie Dream in a video. They mentioned buying extra wrist joints and keeping the hands on their own joints. This way all they need to do is slip out the wrist and replace that without removing the hand itself.

Would this work with an Angel Philia? I don’t see why not but I don’t see anyone selling Angel Philia wrists. I’ve been doing some research and found two different links with wrist joints for sale.

☆ Cool Cat Collection Shop. Doll Accessories ☆ -- Internal Replacement Parts

This store has Dollfie Dream wrist joints for sale. While they appear to be similar to an Angel Philia wrist joint, would they even be the correct size?

[PARABOX Online shop]【doll replacement part】47cm/48cm/50cm body Wrist part - pair

This store sells the obitsu wrist joint. While the Angel Philia uses this skeleton, I’m not sure if that’s what her wrist joint looks like.

If this endeavor is possible and someone is able to point me in the right direction, the next concern is the color. She’s in the super whitey vinyl color which I believe isn’t too common. Would I even be able to find something in a similar color?

Thanks. :)

18. My new baby made it home. She is an AP type K head. She came with two wigs as gift. I named her Tiffany. She is currently borrowing one of her sisters body.

[​IMG]

19. For AP dolls, what size clothes do they wear? I want to purchase an outfit since right now I don't have time to make a lot, but just want to get the gal some nice clothes. Since the hips are wide, do SD 1/3 clothes fit them well? What size clothes do you guys think fit best for AP?

20. For clothes is a bit tricky. If your girl has small bust some MSD size shirt would fit her just fine. Mine wear SD size shirts because they have the huge bust.

for pants and skirts I have them wear slim SD size clothing. The pants are very long sometimes. It is very hard to tell. My girls wear whatever it fits is a lot of trail and error.

The dress my girl is wearing is actually a knee length SD size skirt. I modify it a little bit so he could wear it like a dress.

[​IMG]