1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obitsu General Discussion - Part Three (60cm, 55cm, 50cm and 47cm)

Oct 14, 2016

1. Thanks for your help! I'm gonna try out those sizes and see where it takes me.
      That skirt modification to dress is so clever!

2. I was going to buy a Azone another realistic character doll, but it’s hard to find clothes, she’s has a AZo2 G Bust

3. Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice... My sister's 60cm Obitsu has suffered a mishap over Christmas and her inner plastic hip part (like a circle ring piece) has broken into several pieces and needs to be replaced. :( (see pic below)

I have looked on HLJ where I have bought inner joints before but they no longer seem to stock the 60cm parts, and this part looks completely different on the 50cm doll. :atremblin I am not sure what to do to in order to fix it.

Can anyone suggest a stockist who might have the 60cm doll parts? Or a tutorial anywhere which might show how to modify the 50cm part to work in the older doll?

Thanks in advance for any advice. [​IMG]

4. Platinum beauty

[​IMG]

5. Yesterday, I asked Parabox if Gretel60 is being discontinued because I had noticed her blank heads were no longer posted on her character page. It turns out that she IS being discontinued as soon as her remaining hand-painted heads sell out. I'm really disappointed..
      I am beating myself up big-time for not purchasing her blank back when she wasn't in danger of being discontinued! I hope to find her blank in good condition secondhand..

6. So, I'm acquiring a DD head on an Obitsu body, my question is...do obitsu bodies have removable hands? The 60cm ones. I've found conflicting information, and it's an older body.

7. Well, I got my girl but both arms are broken, anyone know a good place to get replacement parts?

8. Coolcat may have something? I know they carry some aftermarket vinyl parts.

9. #569 Shai, Apr 6, 2022
      Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    10. I'm not sure; though I don't know if they'd look proportionate even if they fit the skeleton. For an in depth repair question like this, you might actually have better luck on the DollDreaming forum, since they're strictly vinyl over there and have a whole Obitsu section. I'm sure some of them have experience with the old 60cm body.

11. Thank you, I'll try there as well!

12. I just got my 50cm Misuzu and was wondering what size of wig she wears. She's got the 50-02 head if that helps. Also looking for a wig cap for her and wondering if the silicone ones will work for her.

Thanks! :)

13. According to an earlier post on this thread, it looks like Misuzu's head is 8 inches.

I personally use cloth wig caps for all my vinyl dolls as I'm afraid the silicone ones might react with the vinyl over time. And if the wig dye bleeds, I've heard that there's a bigger chance of it seeping through a silicone wig cap than a cloth one.

14. Thank you for the information! I hate to take up more of your time but where would I be able to buy a cloth wig cap?

15. I usually use the ones from Volks. I see you're in the US. Here's the link on Volks US for their 7-8 inch cloth wig cap.

16. Thanks again! :D

17. If you wanted to make me jealous, you succeeded ._. My next doll I want is an AP, and yours has the perfect fact. I really don't like the overly sexualized ones with wide open mouths, or tongues sticking out. Yours looks very nice!

18. Will DDL & DDdy Outfits work for Azone 50cm G Bust? <3
      I don't mind it being a little roomy, but wanted to make sure it wouldn't be huge either.
      I know she can wear Tenshi no Koromo DD outfits and the fit is decent (the one I tried was for SDGr/DDS/DD/DDdy) so I think it could work!

19. Gonna necromance this thread to share this photo of Starshine, my Gretel 60cm. She's a discounted secondhand find I picked up on ebay and did some light restoration work with when she arrived! I've always wanted a Gretel but, I was so afraid I'd never find one after the discontinuation, since I couldn't get one at the time. She's perfect and I love her :aheartbea
      [​IMG]Round 125 Scrap petticoat done! by Jules B, on Flickr

20. She is really cute! I've become quite fond of pink hair lately, and it really suits her! It's so nice that you were able to find a doll that you missed before :)