1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obitsu General Discussion - Part Three (60cm, 55cm, 50cm and 47cm)

Oct 14, 2016

1. Wow that's interesting K-2, I'm soo glad you're here to give us all such great info!
      Kurogane, I can't get my eyes straight either, I'm fine with my resin bjds, but the deep sockets on the obitsus and the fact the neck thing gets in the way and there's no stems on the eyes, makes it very hard to get them straight.
      Momo got some Volks eyes today, and it's driving me crazy I can't get the one eye straight.

[​IMG]

2. @LadyDeath Oh, your boy is so cute! I like the blue color, it's so bright. :D Your face up is great too. Momo looks so happy and adorable.

#82 kurogane, Dec 10, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    3. Thank you Kurogane. I love him. He's only my second anime faceup, I'm soo used to doing resin faceup so these are soo different to do and I'm still learning the best way to go about it.
      I'm finding I'm loving my vinyl dolls more than my resin ones, they pose wonderfully and are soo cute.

4. My friend came over today and gave me a beat up 60cm Obitsu body and a lovely Azone head, the arm is broken so I need to order probably a new elbow joint, but I'm not sure about the abdominal part. It looks like something is broken off. The inside upper torso part doesn't connect to it, does this look like something is broken off? The middle section is all floppy. But there's a waist part and an abdominal part, I'm not sure if I need to order both or just one.

[​IMG]

5. It looks like we're looking down into the abdomen at the top of the waist part (60RP-F01WP-27), shown here laying on it's side:
      Untitled Document
      It also looks like the peg of the bottom oblong abdominal part (60RP-F01WP-23) has snapped off in the waist part:
      Untitled Document
      At minimum you are going to need to replace one of the oblong abdominal part. Since the spine assembly consists of two oblong abdominal parts, they are sold in pairs. There should be a round abdominal part (60RP-F01WP-24) between the two oblong abdominal parts:
      Untitled Document
      The oblong abdominal parts mount on each of the two ball ends of the round abdominal part.

First you will need to remove the broken off peg from the waist part. Do this procedure before you order any parts! That way if you damage something you can order a replacement. (Or skip this procedure and order a new waist part too.)
      Remove the waist part from the abdomen vinyl. Heat the vinyl with your hair dryer and push the pegs into the abdomen one at a time so the waist part comes out.
      Next you will need a drill bit (no larger than 1/16") and a screw with a sharp point like a 2" drywall screw. Drill a hole straight down in the top of the broken peg, deep enough to thread your screw into. Now you have a handle to pull the peg out with. With the screw embedded in the peg, twist (in the same direction as when you were screwing it in) and pull the peg out.
      If you can manage that without breaking the waist part the rest is easy. Reinsert the waist part in the abdomen vinyl. Reassemble the spine assembly (with the new oblong abdominal part). Insert the peg of the bottom oblong abdominal part in the waist part and continue assembling the torso.

6. Thank you K-2 you're awesome! After a lot of looking st photos of the interior skeleton, I realized that abdominal piece is missing and that's why she was soo floppy. Great idea on takin everything apart first, as I can't get the leg sockets out. It's great how you can order parts, I need an elbow, and now a new wrist piece as hubby broke one trying to get the broken elbow piece out if the lower arm part!

7. Oh, that's why I'm really loving these vinyl dolls. You can fix them up if something goes wrong.

Congratulations LadyDeath! I'm looking forward to seeing your new girl once she is repaired.

I have decided to purchase the 55cm boy body next year (more likely January). I bought a Volks DDh 07 head for it already, lol.

8. My friend also gave me a 1/3 scale Azone head, she's lovely, I'm going to try to put her on the fixer upper body. Shouldn't be too hard hopefully. Here's a photo of her, she's has a little nick on her chin I've to sand out.

I love the ddh-07 head, I'm going to get the ddh-01 for my 40cm I just got.

[​IMG]

9. On the 55/60cm body the hip joint/waist part connection seems to be one of the first connections to wear out. They can also be difficult to reconnect completely. I try and avoid removing legs unless its absolutely necessary. But as in this case, you may not be able to reach the waist part to remove that broken plug, so you may be forced to remove the legs.

10. Success! I got the leg sockets off, and the waist part out. Hubby managed to get the broken piece out of the wait part so that's one less part I don't have to order.

11. Great to read about everyone's projects :-)
      I still did not get around to painting the DDH01 head, as I cannot get the screw of the nevk piece fastened. will look for a longer screw next year...

12. LadyDeath I love your boy's face up, you are so talented! He looks like a cheeky young thing :)

Thank you all for such an informative thread, it gave me the incentive to jump back into the obitsu pool! We brought home Christmas Luna twins on the 50cm boy body and 48cm girl body. I am planning to tweak their default faces, but for now I am happy with them as is. And I'm having so much fun posing them:

[​IMG]

#92 Saba, Dec 22, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    13. @Saba; The Luna sculpt is such a gentle face. I'm trying to resist wanting another one of these Obitsu dolls. I only have one but some of their sculpts are tempting. Luna is one of them! I have to agree, their posing ability is pretty amazing. I love how realistic some of the poses can get!

14. Your Luna's look lovely, I have a Luna boy myself and love him.

15. @Saba such a cute couple of dolls! Congratulations on getting them!

I went a bought the 55cm body from Parabox! I already have the tracking number too. The price was really good, so that was an added bonus. Now to assemble the needed parts so I can use a resin head. He will be so cute!

16. @shirahime I have also only had one vinyl doll at a time before these two- I think they like to be in multiples! I love the way you can remove and replace parts so easily (above I just removed my girl's wrist & hand instead of trying to jam it in her pocket) lol

@LadyDeath thank you! I think the Luna face translates well into either gender, it's cool how different face ups/wigs etc. change the look of the sculpt- I am viewing them both now and would swear that my boy Luna has a wider face at the cheekbones :/

@kurogane congratulations! My friend has the 55cm boy body, and it's very handsome^^ Do you know yet which resin head you will use?

I need to name my twins- here is another shot of miss:
      [​IMG]
      She's definitely a pastel Sanrio type of kid^^

17. Oh she's soo cute! Yours has the girl faceup and mine has the boy one, they do look soo different.

18. [​IMG]

19. @LadyDeath your Luna looks great on that body :) I didn't even consider it for my boy cos Parabox said it wouldn't fit -_- may I ask did you have to mod the head at all?

20. You know, I didn't have to do anything to it. I just heated the head up and popped it on the body. There's a tutorial somewhere on how to do it if I remember, you just have to get he neck thingy under the hole in the head.