1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obitsu General Discussion - Part Three (60cm, 55cm, 50cm and 47cm)

Oct 14, 2016

1. [​IMG]

Quick and dirty phone shot of my poor under-photographed 55cm guy (Sasu) - he's from a dystopian cyberpunk setting and finding appropriate clothes for him is a challenge!

2. Understandable. There aren't a lot of dystopian cyberpunk stores out there.

3. Haha! I think I need to grit my teeth and buy some expensive parabox basics... and immediately dirty/scuff them up. Problem is they haven't actually had what I want back in stock for ages.

4. [​IMG]

5. I have a wacky question as a vinyl doll noob...

I would love to have a large anime-style boy. So, in anticipation, I have gotten ahold of a 65cm boy body. Unfortunately, the DD heads I have look very pin-headed on that extra long neck.

Would there be a suitable vinyl anime-style head that could work?

6. I've always though the 65cm's neck was too long for any head. Here's a tutorial to shorten the neck.
      Dollieh Sanctuary • View topic - Long Neck 65cm

7. Thank you. I do remember reading that, and I can do the neck mod (I was hoping to avoid it... :P ), but I am also curious if there are certain heads that might look better on that size of body over others.

8. I have a 55cm Parabox boy andI accidently brole his
      elbow a couple of weeks back. I have a new elbow on
      order from Parabox that I ought to receive this week.

How difficult is it to replace that elbow part??

Are there instructions somewhere?

9. Replacing a broken elbow isn't hard. You will want to get your hands on a hair dryer to aid in removal and installation. The vinyl skins are really tight on the joint, especially on the upper arm. I would guess the elbow part snapped either above or below the ball part of the joint. These instructions are for replacing the joint, not knowing the specifics of your break.

1) Remove the whole arm from the body. It will be easier to handle.

2) Hold one half of the arm in one hand with your finger tips grasping the ball joint. With your other hand grasp the other arm half and twist and pull the arm skin from the joint. If the arm skin will not come off heat the vinyl with the hair dryer below the ball joint and again try to twist and pull the lower arm off.

3) In the case of a snapped joint and you have just the ball sticking out of the arm section, don't hesitate to use pliers to hold the ball section during removal. Tool marks on the broken part won't matter.

4) With a broken joint you may find part of the old joint may still be in the arm and need to be removed before installing the new joint. Heating the skin part will allow you stretch the opening a little to get needle nose pliers or tweezers in the skin to help with removal. Working the broken part out from the elbow side can be tricky. You may find it easier to remove the shoulder (or wrist) joint in order to push the broken part out.

5) With the old joint removed you can install the new joint by simply reversing the procedure, heating as necessary. You will need to make sure the rods (from the shoulder and wrist joints) slot into the tubes of the new joint. The arm skins of the 55cm hold these other joints in place pretty tightly so getting them to sleeve together shouldn't be too hard.

One thing to note is the orientation of the new elbow joint. The tube on the joint connected to the center disc of the ball part goes into the lower arm.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck!

10. I have a obitsu 45 boy :D

[​IMG]stupid dragon by F-15 0w0, on Flickr

I do love their body and variation of size, which I have a few dollfie dream using their body (47,48,50,55), however there joint can be really loose from time to time, any idea I could make them tider?

11. K-2

I thank you!
      Sean (he of the broken elbow) thanks you!
      Megan (Sean's partner) thanks you!

This is the last photo I took of Sean and Meg
      before the accident.

[​IMG]Look at us by Tom Beach, on Flickr

12. TomB: Great picture. Love the skirt. Glad you were able to get the help so that they will be able to keep on dancing. K-2 always has great advice for help.

As or me I have to order a new waist part for my girl. I remember years back that there was a person that did metal internal skeletons. Are they still around does anybody know? They sure would last longer. It's a shame that Obitsu stopped making the natural skin tone, though I can understand why. I have been pretty busy with spring supposedly already started. I made a whole bunch of tops and am making some matching bottoms now for my gal. Will try to post some pics soon.

13. So here is a quick shot of my poor gal. She's propped up since her mid section needs fixed. Eyes were out to fix eyelash problem. She's a mess but she has nice clothes for warm weather LOL. (obitsu 60cm body with an elfdoll Eun-a head). She's got a soft bust and the top does not need straps to stay on. I was soooo happy about it, so now she has a great halter top.
      [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [=Photo by Calliope13 Elven_Made][​IMG]

14. I got my boy fixed.

I had no luck softening the arm with the hair dryer
      so I dropped it in boiled water for a few minutes;
      worked a treat.

Right now the rod from the elbow is binding in
      the sleeve from the shoulder but I'm hoping that
      loosens up a bit with use. As long as I was paying
      shipping from Japan I got him a shirt and I got
      Meg a shirt an wig.

[​IMG]Sean by Tom Beach, on Flickr

15. Yah! Replacement parts!

Yes, the vinyl is pretty thick there and heating can take a while, even with a 1500W dryer. The hot water method heats everything (inside and outside) all at once. Just make sure you get all the water out so you don't have mold to deal with down the road.

16. Hello, every one. I just received my Angel Philia Erina today...and I'm absolutely in love with her! She's soooo precious. I have named her Eve.
      Are we allowed to post profiles for them as well?

17. I don't see why not. I've seen profiles of dolls that aren't allowed (painted eyes, molded hair, etc.) and Obitsus are allowed. Go for it.

18. I'm still working on my 47cm boy. I have finally picked his style and now need to save up for, well, everything! New eyes, wig, clothes! Thankfully the tennis shoes I have for him will work. He also will be getting a silicone wig cap, and an anti stain suit. No matter what I buy for them to make them 'complete', I seem to always be buying something! And, he still needs a face up....I'm exhausted!

19. Hey, everyone!
      My first vinyl doll is on her way- an Angel Philia Aki. I'm really excited to get her, and a little nervous, as there aren't many photos of her out there that I can find, and I'm normally the sort of person to stare very intently at any doll before I buy.

20. I just aquired an older Haruka head for the larger bodies. The problem is, all the 40/48/60cm etc bodies that Parabox sell for it are in white skin. This head looks more like flesh coloured, no where near the white colour of my other white skin Obitus.
      Is there anywhere to get a flesh coloured 40/48/60cm etc body?

[​IMG]Untitled by wednesday addams, on Flickr