1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obitsu vs. Dollfie Dream - what's the difference

Jul 16, 2005

1. Hope this isn't OT for this thread but I have a 60cm Obitsu body and have been wondering if she can wear Volks DD clothes. Does anyone know?

The DD clothes on Volks USA are so cute but I've held off on ordering them in case the fit is wrong and have been dressing her in regular SD clothes. They tend to be a little big but it's all I have at the moment.

2. I have all three types of Obitsu body and a DD2. When I get home tonight (I'm at work) I will deliberately line everyone up and do some photos for you. As for DD clothing, I do know that my DD2 can wear AZONE clothes designed for the Obitsu body. I don't have any Volks DD clothes, though.

-subscribing to this thread so I can find it later! :)

3. hiya i own two obitsu three part bodies and a dd2 ^_^. oh obitsu is it own company not made by azone but azone uses obitsu bodies on their 60cm dolls through contract of the obitsu company.
      while i do love my obitsu and dollfie dream 2 i really have to say although dd2 is not the best joint wise the joints slip out due to no friction i actually pulled it apart and added glue on the pegs and let it all dry sepratley to create a friction. maybe it is just mine but i heard it from a few other people

4. Here's Paige, who is an Obitsu Haruka head on an Obitsu BJD style body, and Catherine, who is a CP El head on a DD2 body. The Obitsu body poses extremely well, better than the DD2, IMO. The DD2 poses better than a resin body, but the joints are a bit floppier than an Obitsu's. On the BJD style body, the joints actually squeak when you first get her!! You can always check out the Junky Spot for more info on the Obistus; Emory is always happy to help!!

Paige:
      [​IMG]

Catherine:
      [​IMG]

5. To me, having owned both types of bodies, its like this:
      Obitsu60 poses better but isn't very nice to look at.
      DD2 is very sexy, but doesn't pose quite as well as Obitsu60.

You just have to decide which you like better: Sexy or posable.

The Obistu60 three part body probably can't wear DD clothes. I don't have mine anymore so I can't try it, but the Obitsu60 three part body has much wider shoulders and thicker thighs.

6. The newer Obistu BJD body is a lot more attractive than the older style bodies. It's not quite the same as a DD2, but it's very nice looking. The joints aren't clunky like on the old ones.

7. I've seen pictures of the newer ones. The waist is really odd, but the BJD style body is a lot nicer than the first release.

8. I've also owned both DD2 and the new Obitsu 60cm body. Somebody already responsed but it really does come down to:

Obitsu 60cm = awesome posing
      DD2 = beautiful body

The new Obitsu 60cm body actually has slimmer and longer legs then the DD2 and the neck is also slimmer and more feminine.

On the question of if the DD clothes fit obitsu 60cm bodies, yes they do. My obitsu 60cm has several DD clothes that fit perfectly, if not a bit loose.

9. Thanks so much for this info! Now I feel more confident about ordering DD clothes for my Obitsu. My girl has the new 2 part white soft body. I hope that doesn't make a difference. She's very slim around the waist and her thighs and hips don't seem overly large, especially when compared to an SD10! I think it's a very attractive body, although difficult to find clothes that really fit!

10. I actually prefer the Obitsu 60cm doll to the 57cm Dollfie Dream 2. I have both. The Obitsu feels good and solid- even the soft body version (I have both types) while the DD2 feels a bit "floppy". Also, my big quibble with DD2 is the neck. I disliked the DD2 heads (I like the more realistic Obitsu heads and the regular SD heads much better) and got the new Gretel Obitsu head for the DD2. But the head holder for the DD2 is just a straight piece of plastic so I have to shove the head down hard onto the kind of floppy neck of the DD2 so it doesn't fall off. I like the body shapes equally though. Anyone have a suggestion on how to make some sort of better head connector piece for the DD2? Another point I like about them being a bit different is that it gives you more variety in body shape and size, so if you want to dress them up like characters from an anime or manga series where one character is taller than the other you can do it easily. I'm wanting to get a 53cm Dollstown Elf body doll so I can do adult characters that are short. They are apparently sold out right now though. (I don't really care for the Dollstown head so I just want the body. I'll pair it with a Obitsu or Dollfie head I like I think whenever I can get it.)

11. I've got a Gretel (Maple) head out getting a face-up and am debating on what body to get. I decided on DD2. I love the DD2 body, I have Femi (Crescent--the one in my icon). ^_^; To hold the head on the DD2 body, I'm going to use a washer. My newest girl is going to get a trip to the hardware store, either that, or I'm going to end up ordering a few bags of washers and let my Dad have the ones I don't need. You kinda screw the head into place and the washer holds it on.

I've heard horror stories of the obitsu bodies stapping in two. O_O;;

12. Unfortunately this is a common problem with Obitsus. The abdominal piece in the inner skeleton has a design flaw that makes it fairly common to break if you don't take care to avoid putting pressure on it. (ie. make sure when posing to hold the bottom torso firmly and bend just the legs.) That said, the piece to replace is only 7.99 and is easy to install so long as you're familiar with a screwdriver.

I'm personally in love with my Obitsu. The only thing I dislike are the hands and feet. Here's a pic of mine. (pardon the lack of pose, I was just wanting to show the outfit.)
      [​IMG]

13. I am really interested in buying my first 60cm bjd, and i have come across some obitsu dolls I really like... the Gretel head. I love the poseability of my 1:6 scale obitsu dolls, but I was wondering, what are the pros and cons between buying a 60cm obitsu and any other SD such as Elfdoll Sooah or Soah(my two first choices, if i get a 60cm doll it will be one of those, or an obitsu gretel!)

But anyway, what are the pros and cons between the obitsu body and the other resin bodies? I am positive the obitsu bodies will be much more poseable, although they may be less attractive.. and they aren't resin... are there any other points you guys might have for me about both? I don't want to just go buy an obitsu, be unhappy and have it take me twice as long to save up for a Sooah or Soah.

Thanks!

Pam

14. You might be interested in looking at these two threads, which talk about similar things in regards to Obitsu versus other dolls. I've got an Obitsu girl and I ended up posting in both of those threads in favour of her. She's got a fair few pros and cons either way, but in the end they do balance one another out.

I think any other advice I have is: don't worry about Obitsu's less attractive joints, as those can be hidden by clothing, and be positive that you want one for itself, not just because of its relatively 'cheap' price. Do that, and I'm sure you'll be happy with her, as she really is a lovely, extremely poseable doll.

15. thankyou so much for pointing out those threads! I have read them through and I think I know what i want... obitsu body with a Sooah or Soah head. lol :) There are no easy answers sometimes!!!

16. hiya...

I've been curious. Will the Gretel head fit on the Dollfie Dream body? I've been wanting to get a Dollfie dream body, but i dislike the anime style head. I love the gretel head from the Volks Obitsu girl. Does anyone know if it will fit?

17. Yes indeedy, it will! My only gripe with it was the slight tone difference in tone between the head and body. But if that doesn't bother you it's fantastic.

My girl Kaete is an Obitsu Gretel/DD1 hybrid with a DD2 L Bust part. I've got a few pictures of her here:
      http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/Sieneko/Dolls/Kaete6-12-07.jpg
      http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/Sieneko/Dolls/KaeteGlam3.jpg
      http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/Sieneko/Dolls/Kaete6-12-072.jpg

I got her head on by using a little Luts head disk to make the S-hook from the DD1 body stay. I know the DD2 bodies use different neck pieces, though. I couldn't tell you how they work. ^_^;

Hope that helps!

18. she's so cute! :) How long have you had her? How have you managed to keep her stain free?

19. I am also really interseted n this thread as I ahve a floating haruka obitsu head and am not sure whether to get an obitsu body or a DD. I think I like the look of the DD better but there is a price difference. I wondered if anyone owns boths and knows of the pros and cons?

20. Thank you! I've had her since February. :)

Basically the way I keep her stain-free is to well... keep her naked and safely stored away when she's not out at meetups or doing photos. XD I do clean her regularly with a Magic Eraser just to make sure she stays stain-free. I'm just very paranoid about keeping her clean because of how hard it is to get those stains off vinyl.

I know there's a comparison thread between Obitsu bodies and DD bodies somewhere on DoA. I can't remember off the top of my head but doing a search will probably bring it up. I think what it came down to is that the DD bodies looked better than Obistu bodies, but had much more limited posability. I can agree with the pose issue, there are some poses that my gal will never be able to pull off! But I am happier with my DD choice looks-wise.

DD bodies also now have a choice of hands! I'm totally thrilled about that actually. I'm not sure if Obitsu does the same thing, though. :sweat I guess that's another pro to getting a DD!