1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obsessed with another owner's doll?

Sep 16, 2005

1. -Waves a tiny Schism Flag in the corner.-

Eheh. XD Obviously I'm a fan of Hitasura's boys--and I'd sell my spleen to see Oska or Junkets' Silver in person.

It's also my firm belief Mutehoney's Este is sex in resin. *__*

2. Kai: Thank you :)~ *turns and see Darryn preening infront of the mirror* O_o o_O Think U might have inflated his ego by leaps...

Darryn: Hee hee hee... I have somewhere to run to if Kai mistreat me... *gives Mizuiro multiple flying kisses* Thank you :D

[​IMG]

~~~~~~~~

Dear Dollface,

Maybe you just need some time to really get used to him as being your own special little fella first~ *hugs* May you bond with him faster as Tsukasa (Dos) is really a handsome boy :)

3. I want to kidnap all the Schism boys, mutehoneys boys, Kuja (annie's el) and Cassiel's Zafikiel. Instead I sit by and watch them on LJ. :grin:

I agree with everyone else, Tsukasa is a beautiful boy, and your lucky to own one, send him off for a new face get some wigs and soon his personality will come out! Good luck, and congrats on your dream boy, even if your having a little trouble.

4. Oh my goodness.

I am at a loss what to say. I'm incredibly flattered you like Uno. I honestly don't think the little dork deserves that much adoration. But more than anything, I am sad that you're not happy with the Tsukasa you now own. I know you've wanted him for the longest time, and now that you finally have him, it must be very hard for you to find out that he's not what you expected him to be. Which I find rather strange. Tsukasa Konoe is a wonderful, wonderful doll, even in his most default state. I only gave Uno a face-up when his paint started to chip and can no longer be retouched – and did it with much hesitation and regret. To this day, I still miss his old face. Have you tried taking pictures of your doll? You should. Then maybe you'll see him in a different light.

And please, do not give him a second-rate name like Dos. Because he might even be a better doll than Uno.

Will you please PM or email me when you have time?

:daisy
      Joey

5. I'm so sorry you're not able to bond yet with your Tsukasa, but I do think, as others have said, give him some time to present you with his unique personality. Interact, change his look up a bit with wigs and eyes, and do shop around for some faceup artists if you'd consider getting him a fresh one.

If you don't bond after trying everything, though, please consider this my personal plea:

Tsukasa is my absolute dream doll, and I'd jump at the chance to give him a new home. I think I'd even trade all five of my current dolls for just one Tsukasa!

I really do hope you can bond with him, but if you can't, please remember I'm always just a PM or an email away ... :daisy

Lia

6. YESYESYESYES. this has/is/will happen to be. I love loki's kitori. Forever to me it is the ultimate elf-el. Loki if you ever sell/die/etc. I would spend lots of money and buy him. (and his boyfriend and hale...yeah) but with that said i don't want loki to sell her babies. Its hard to explain, i am so happy she loves them and they love her.. i don't what words to say. I hope there are forever with her making fun photostories..make more photostories Loki :D

7. I would say first off that Immitation is the most sincerest form of flatery. Not to mention as a person who makes a product that people like to attempt to immitate. I usually tell them that it will never be my product, it's just that an immitation. It dosen't have the life I breath into it. I think the same is true for dolls. I've seen many of the same doll with the same make up (default or whatever). However each one is still uniquly different because the person behind the doll breaths a different quality of life into that doll.

So I suppose that even if you were to duplicate to the letter the exact same face and attempt the same style it would never be the same. Your personality and essance would show through and so I don't think I'd have a problem with someone copying a face up or a type of face up. I guess for me it's like people and twins in particular...they may look alike, but they're entirely different and think that for dolls the difference is the person behind them.

Good luck and I think you should try to envision your doll not as the one you lust after, but more as the one that's for you... Give him a break and cut him a little slack and you might actually surprise yourself.

Christal

8. I was really pretty obsessed with Cindy Gay's Jenna... (a modified Choa) and when I got one of my own, well she really couldn't hold a candle to Jenna.... and I knew that copying her or even trying to really wouldn't seem right (and I'm not talented enough anyway, lol), so Sabrina was born and I love her, so much, for all her differences.

Then I was lucky enough to welcome THE Jenna, the real thing, into my home too, and a lot of people thought I'd sell Sabrina.... and I have no plans AT ALL to get rid of Sabrina. They are very different and I love them both very much!

Maybe you need to play with yours more, make him your own, I don't know... just thought I'd share my story here too. :grin:

9. there are several dolls here that i adore but would probably not own. like pam's faren and chandra's heath's especially keith. christy's bermann vincente, fyredancer's lucien, there are other dolls too that i love looking at but i cant think of them right now.

10. Joey, thank you so much. You touch my heart. T_T You have no idea how much this means to me.

I know my Tsukasa will never be like your Uno. Uno deserves his name and all that it stands for. Don't worry, I won't call mine Dos. I'm not even sure if I'll keep him. Sure, I can give him a unique character, but I don't think I can look at him the same way I look at Uno. That's kind of unfair, isn't it? Maybe I should just buy a different doll.

I will email you for sure. :grin: Thank you so much. Please hug Uno for me. Besides his awesome face, someone has yet to rival his wit and sense of humor. <3<3

P.S. Did you ever think of selling Uno? :oops:

11. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one here who seems to be stalking other people's dolls. :oops: I guess it's a pretty normal thing? I really appreciate everyone's stories and advice. Thanks, everyone! :chibi

12. Oh I have several dolls here that I "stalk", but to name them all would take some time and not to mention I seem to find a new one to fall in love with each week..... thats the fun of this hobby..every doll here despite what mold and make they are is an individual..no two are exactly alike, even the ones with factory face-ups are all different in their own ways. I love that! :) I wish I had more time to drool over pictures in the gallery..I'm hoping to get more internet time soon so I can post more as well.. my boys feel neglected. :oops:

13. I like looking at other dolls, but I don't obsess over any, really. Would be nice to have, yes...but want? No...even of I did get the doll, he/she would turn into mine and not be the same doll he/she was. The only ones I obsess over is my own. Heck, I don't think anyone likes seeing him, but to me, he's the finest El out there. That's cause he's mine.

You gotta make the doll yours. Copying is nice, but why want a copy? Why not an original?

14. I've been obsessed with this Tsukasa for what seems like an eternity:

[​IMG]

I have no idea who his owner is, but his faceup was a customisation job by Phantom of Phantomdoll.com, which is where I first saw photos of him. If I'm ever lucky enough to find and woo a Tsukasa into my abode, I wouldn't want him to look exactly like the one I've mooned over for so long, but I *have* gone so far as to contact Phantom, asking her that if I ever do get one, would she consider giving him a faceup so he retains some of the same overall "feel" that her other work does. So contacting Uno's customiser and requesting something not identical but somewhat in the same "vein" might help.

Lia

15. I'm pretty much in love with Mutehoney's dolls, but I wouldn't try to replicate one. I -couldn't-, for one, and the other reason is that I want my boys to be original. I'm content to just ogle her boys and be happy ^^

16. Heh it's strange, I actually never chose the dolls I *like* the most, but the ones that fits my chracters best XD While I can love and appreciate another persons doll, to me they are "thier character" and I'm very much against stealing creative ideas. When I look hor a doll to buy, the only thing I look at is the mold alone. If it has the right face. Face-ups can't and shouldn't be copied, so buying a doll just because you saw a super pretty one in the gallery, if you don't like the mold itself, it's pretty pointless.

17. Actually, I think the cusomizer is a "he". Hard to tell on Japanese sites. No, I've not told them, and I doubt they will ever notice.
      Ken

18. <3! I can't help it he's too lovely~

You're welcome Darryn~ :D :D

That picture just made my day. ;3

19. I have always been a bit obsessed with Mara's Lishe, Ginger. She has always been (and still is) my all time favorite Lishe. She came to me once for a face up long ago, but I couldnt stand the idea of changing her and we ended up deciding to just blush her body and leave her alone.

She just has SO much personality!

20. Lots and lots. I cycle around. Often just takes a good picture. (Very weak over here.) :grin: Jujube's Unoa's always send me over the edge. I can even convince myself to some degree that I really don't want a Unoa...and then I see her pictures and I'm a goner. :cry: