1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obsessed with another owner's doll?

Sep 16, 2005

1. I think the problem with me is that I'm in love with Uno the character, and not Tsukasa Konoe the doll. I realized those are two entirely different things. I am not a doll collector and I don't know crap about customizing. I'm very new to BJDs. I should really have asked around and done more research.

I guess Joey has given Uno so much life that I failed to see him as a doll. Maybe it's because she never showed him without a wig, or lying naked being compared to another doll. I've always looked at him like an anime character. And I don't see any of his verve on this naked, dead-looking doll lying in the box I just bought. That's very disappointing. But I won't copy Uno because I can't. I spoke with Joey and she gave me the most precious bit of advice. I'm keeping my Tsukasa for the meantime. He does deserve a chance.

Thanks for your opinions.

2. *is exactly the same* also with Mutehoney's dolls..they are very, very pretty, but just to look at, my own doll will be very different because..well, it's my doll. And just like with real persons, every doll has a different personality, and something that makes him unique ^_^ As long as you hold on to a doll of another owner, you're keeping your own doll from showing who he/she really is, and so it never becomes more than just that mold.

Good luck, dollface, with getting to know your doll ^_^

3. Nop ^^
      I love a lot of dolls here at the forum... but, I think I'm only obsessed with my dolls...

4. I'm so glad you've decided to keep him. Sometimes I wonder if we don't expect a little too much of our dolls in the bonding process. Any kind of bond takes time to build and nuture.

You didn't click instantly with your boy, but as people have said, Tsukasa has an amazing amount of potential. Different wigs and eyes will change his look, but his character isn't going to come complete out of the ether. I guess I'm a little biased in this regard, since what I love most about dollfies is gradually building and discovering their personalities. Uno is a beautifully drawn character - he's the reason behind my own love for Tsukasa Konoe - but as Joey said, you could create a character even better than Uno, if you give him and yourself the chance ^_^

Something that's worked really well for me is sitting down with Dylan (my DoD U) in front of me, and just writing down anything that comes to mind. What he's thinking, what he reminds me of, elements of his personality, things he likes, things he doesn't like, bits of song lyrics, colours, reference photos, historical periods, all sorts of crazy and random information that help me to gain a better understanding of his character. Maybe the best thing at this point would be to give your Tsukasa a name, something that will distinguish him both from Uno and from the lump of empty resin you first saw on opening the box.

I hope even a little of this is useful. Good luck :grin:

5. First off, Dollface, I'm ever so glad you decided to keep him... I sort of in a way did what you did - I fell in love with Uno, even though I didn't actually really like the Tsukasa sculpt fantastically much. It's grown on me since then, but I still think the pure force of personality that Uno radiates was the largest part of why I started to look at Tsukasas.

I hope you can find your own 'Uno' in your Tsukasa, and that it works out for you!

And XD XD NoNoNanoon, you made my day. ^_^ I'm glad you like Kitori so much, and all my boy's little going-ons. Believe me, if I did die/sell etc (I'm hoping not, but hehe), I'd want him/them to go to someone like you that would love him too.

6. I have a weakness for Madokas....all Madokas...but I don't stalk....much.

Heath~ *ahem* (pokes at file stuffed with Madoka photos...)

*_*

7. i think i have an unhealthy obsession with Christy's Bermann, Vincent.. :oops:

8. i have been quite smitten with kittytoes' mina for ages it seems. she is the sole reason i sometimes very much want an f-08. but then i think how my f-08 would look and realize that she would probably end up a watered-down mina...and forget the notion entirely.

but she is oh so pretty.

9. I too am completely obsessed with Chrsty's Vincente (Bermann) have been from the moment I fist saw him and melted into a puddle instantly. And, yes, I DO stalk him and keep a file of pics of him :) (I don't think Christy minds however :)

10. Thank you for the heads up. I really appreciate your advice. For now I'm glad Tsukasa Konoe led me into this community of lovely people. :grin:

11. I have a little obsession with about all of Kallisti's dolls. But they're not going to be like any doll I buy, I just think they're really lovely dolls.
      I mostly like styles of dolls.. no one so far seems to enjoy the same sort of style I do though.. so I'm not really able to find pictures of what i have for MY ideas.
      So, no disapointment for me, yes?

12. I also am obsessed with Hitasura's Shikai, and and Quay. *o*

Other ones are Valentine's Vyncent, Justyn, and Jocelyn.

I love too many dolls for my own good.

13. <3!

It's Seraph Program love! XD

14. Mwa~ <33

They are just so gorgeous. x3!

15. All things Mutehoney >,>

Her(Mutey's a her, right? o.o; ) dolls were some of the first I'd seen, and now one is featured on my desktop *tries desperatly not to stalk*

I don't think I could ever get any of the ones she owns now, though, since I'd try and make them up to what hers look like, and it just wouldn't look right. I can still love hers, though!

16. I admit it, I really love the SD Ken, Haruki, at a Japanese website called Noi entirely too much. He's just so pretty!

http://noi.k-free.net/index.html

I am a bit of a fangirl about that site. Just a bit... ^^;

17. Lyn's (mutehoney) Este, Gabe and the rest of her boys.. but... mostly Este and Gabe.

Luciel and the rest of Meg's (Aie) gang.

Christie's boys; Vincent and Dante (christ Dante is love!)

Nohbahdee's Laz

Gigglegeek's gang

Flonne's Momoni (I love her to death!!)

The zombie-crew, Oska and Tomas

18. Oska. Psh.
      Shikai.
      Dai
      Shin's Toru

Actually, any doll who looks likea hot guy.Yup. I'm pathetic.

19. Big fan of:

Akari's Hajime and Bunz
      Cindy Gay's Liz and Cody
      Sher's Jeremiah Blue
      Debra (AmericanjeZebel's) Micah...
      Lunameth's Nettle
      Diane's Mirabelle
      Mia K's Nyx

Debra's Micah was actually the reason I got a Chiwoo for my first doll. Hers is BW though and I got normal skin, so he was never exactly like Micah, even when they had the same wigs. My Adrien became his "own person" and I still love him to bits.

I'm glad to hear you are going to give your Tsukasa time to show you his personality. ^_^

20. I have a lot of dolls I'm fans of, but right now I'm positively obsessed with shan's Girl (Enn Girl). I'm always so excited when shan posts something new about her!

I was obsessed with the promo pics of Luts Nara, but when she got here, it was like, "WHOA, different doll." I didn't know what to think for a while...but now I'm madly, madly in love with her.