1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obsessed with another owner's doll?

Sep 16, 2005

1. I do, a few owner's dolls are simply addicting to me! Valentine's, Nezumito's, StephG's, a few others too, but those are the main ones.

2. I'll bite - I don't get obsessed with things in general, but do I lust after someone's dolls, as in makes grabby hands and wants? Yes, indeedy. I like a lot of people's dolls, but the ones I lust after --> all of Christy's dolls, Kwiel's Bernard, most Artdolls', most well done Hounds and of course; Lilykoi's "Mephisto" - She knows this, I stalk him.

Its sort of funny that all the dolls that really "wow" me, are actually SD's and I only collect MSD's and primarily Naraes'.

3. Obessessing? Over Dolls? Naw. Kivara wonders though. >_>

4. i wouldnt say obsessed, but i am very found of Britt's Maguro, hes a Dimo i think, i just find him unique and adorable :) but i would never try to copy him or any other doll.

5. I'm obsessed with Shiwoos (Mini Fee, elf,dreaming..whatever espacially
      Xi-feng's Ilu and Sabriell's Taji ) and DOC SI...I wouldn't want to copy them in any way or anything!>< I guess it's hard when you see a doll that you like (or it's character) and get your own and it's like"WTH is wrong?" I worry alot that when I get my boy that I won't be able to bond with him. So I wish you luck on bonding and I hope everythig turns out ok or better for you *huggles*
      ~Uru

6. Awww! Thank you!! I had no idea! :blush Now I gotta charge up the camera to take pictures!

7. I first fell madly in love with Hisuida's BW Woosoo, and he led me to my love for them. But my dolls will never be like her Yo Myo, and for that, I'm thankful now. Their face-ups, eyes, clothing, or wigs aren't the same. They've developed their own personalities, complexities, etc. And even though I love Hisuida's work, and even though I still believe Yo Myo is drop-dead gorgeous... I don't feel the need to make my boys into him. :)

***Sometimes, they rebel against looking like something or someone who/which isn't really them... Haku and MiYuki - though they don't speak - they seem to voice their opinions in ways that would never let me assimilate them to other dolls' personalities. And now that I've owned them for a while, I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know that. ***

:daisy
      ~Angie

8. I'm not obsessed with other people's dolls just all the ones I really want and can't yet have :( I have a feeling I might end up blowing my yearly bonus on two lovely dolls :)

9. eeee.... that means so much to me, you have no idea :D

as for myself [getting back to an old thread -haha] I was really obsessed with IeC Bullet's F29 Sephiroths O_O it's because of his mods that I wanted the F29 headmold for Jenova to begin with.

It took me a long while to get one, and once I did, I was really disappointed.

It had to do with the fact that I was trying to impose that same sort of personality and look on him and found out real quick that he was never ever going to be any where near the Sephiroths I had fallen in love with.

I almost sold Jenova because of that. No matter what I did, I couldn't bond with him. It took my hubby telling me to sit back and try something different with him instead of trying to make him into a near carbon copy of the IeC Bullet ones [which was amazing considering at the time I got Jenova, he sorta freaked at how much he cost, so I thought selling him would make him happy, but he went the opposite way there]

Well I did it, I played around with his faceup, let him choose his own personality instead of trying to force another's on him and soon enough, Jenova became himself and I was able to bond with him at last [and then some <-- I lovers him more than I thought I ever could after the way it all started with him ^^]

So that's prolly one of the problems, no matter how much you like another dollfie and all, the one you get will never be the same [they are alot like real peeps in that manner, no two will ever be alike] so I just suggest letting the dollfie "talk" and "choose" who they are in the end.

10. I searched a long time to find the right head mold I had it built up in my head, When I was scanning for wigs I saw the doll of my heart.
      I'm not sure the doll has an owner per say as it's a wig and clothes model on an offical site.
      I don't feel bad wanting to "copy" it with a custom face up as that is the exact face I envisioned for my own doll, it is just nice to see it on paper rather than in my imagination.
      I have a picture of her next to my bed now, hee hee.

11. Nezumitoo now knows I've been obsessed with her dolls forever, so when Aki and Jenova actually ended up in a fight that led to a really intense relationship surprised the hell out of me, [and her..lol]. Now Nezumi is one of my closest friends! That whole thing was soooooooo never intended. :sweat

It never really occured to me to "copy" someone else's doll because I already have specific original chararcters in mind before they ever reach "doll form". So I think copying is really insulting to the original creator of that specific doll, [and it never works the way people think it's going to]. The originality of these characters is what makes them special. This, ofcourse, doesn't mean I don't get inspired by others.

It was my obsession with Sakhmet's Ahriman that turned me on to the Woosoo mold. lol, I even ended up buying one from her, as ironic as that is. But I never wanted to make myself an "Ahriman copy". There is only one Ahriman, [lovers him and all her dolls:)].

12. I wouldn't call my case obsession really. I just really like other people's dolls for their personalities and for how much they've gone to this point in their stories or with their owners.
      Although I feel too attached to the personality/character, I don't feel like getting or even thinking - is reminded that Lith is iffy over having more room mates - of adopting that same mold. I kinda end up attaching certain mold to certain character and I'm damn biased forever already XD
      ...Don't get me wrong. I know that when you get a new doll, it's a totally new person from the ones you see online or from owners. ^^;

13. Obsessed? Maybe a little...

I'm totally in love with Morbidollz's Judas. All of her dolls are gorgeous, but Judas takes the cake. I even made a wallpaper of pictures of him. :sweat

And because of this, I'll never get a Bernard. He would never be as beautiful as Judas, so what's the point? lol

14. I wouldn't say obsessed but I am very fond of Brightfires's dolls, they are all so pretty and/or cute! >w< Tien Jen is sooo pretty *^* <3 and Harumatsu is probably my favorite shiwoo (and I'm not even a big fan of the shiwoo mold so it's funny that those are probably my favorite dolls owned by other people), he's such a cutie. >w> <333

I wouldn't want to recreate a person's doll though, more or less because I already have my own views on personalities and looks that are so very different even if I do like another's person's doll...so...yeah, copying=no go for me. X3

15. I think I would totally be creeped out if someone was "obsessed" with my dolls. I mean... I personally would rather have my own dolls that are unique and beautiful, not a carbon-copy of someone else's doll. Sure there are some great dolls on here and I enjoy seeing pictures of them, but I would never allow myself to become a frothing-at-the-mouth-fangirl. Not only does it give people the creeps and make them think that you're not capable of making something on your own, but it makes it look like you don't love your doll and you're only doing something because it's popular.

But I guess there are a lot of people who do things because they're popular. I suppose no matter where you go, there are going to be people out there like that.

I say, don't let yourself be obsessed. Be proud in what you create and in knowing that the personality you've given to your doll is one of a kind. No one can ever replicate it, much less you replicating someone else's doll's personality.

16. obsessed no.but I do very much like nezumitoo's "fuan" and morbiddoll's "judas":love but to buy one and try to make it look like them it just wouldn't work.their special they can't be made again

17. SpiffyMuffin's Xavier. .__.

18. Ok, so I just stumbled upon this thread and was reading up on some of the older posts...

I have to admit, I am sooo totally obesessed with Nezumitoo's Jenova. :sweat He just seems to have such a commanding and alluring presence in his photos and I can only imagine how that would be amplified in person... (*daydreaming* ^_^;;; ) But, I totally agree with Syrinxfox, who's dolls I also admire and follow closely, on the part about being inspired by other's dolls. I would never want to try and copy someone else's doll. That doll is their's and their's alone. That person has put their heart and soul into that doll and no matter how much I could try, I know I will never be able to replicate such a wonderful personality, etc, and be hapy with the end result. (That's why I do fanart. ^_^; Hehe.) Just like Syrinxfox, I have my own characters that will be going into my dolls, even before the dolls arrive. :sweat

So yeah, in the end, I am "obsessed" with other's dolls. :love

19. Though I still don't own a doll, I had an experience like yours when I first met them. I drooled over Jujube's Magdolleen when she had her first face up, because she looked so innocent. And then there was Asuka's Kida. She was so very pretty that I was conviced I the F-08 mold was the best ever. Those images were always stuck in my head, but now that I finally have started to save to get my own doll, I decided against it because Kida and Magdolleen were so present in my head that maybe my own one would have been neglected.

Maybe someday, when I'm over their impressions, I could get an F-08, because I truly love the mold and not the icons I met so long ago.

I'm glad to hear you have decided to keep your Tsukasa and give him a chance. Good luck with your baby =)

20. I'm not obsessed but I really love Asato's boy Eden to the point that she knows if she ever has to get rid of him I really want him. I'd never get a Ren of my own though because the doll never even appealed to me before seeing Eden in person so I really think it's just that doll not the sculpt.