1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

OceanMoon All Dolls - Discussion

Jan 6, 2010

1. Here are my box opening pictures.

She is a normal with a brown faceup. The wig is only temporary. The outfit you got Glorry is really cute too. I Love the box, its very pretty. I think I'm going to play with her more tomorrow, see if I can get her to pose like in the stock photos. So far she stands like a rock. Her hands are really beautiful, I need to take her socks off to see her feet.

2. Thanks so much for the pictures, Glorry and AlhanaTsuki! Your girls are beautiful! I can't wait to see more photos :)

3. Some people were asking about her posing abilities so I took a couple pictures of the poses I was able to get her to do. I will have to play around with her a lot more to see what else she can do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

4. Not bad at all, AlhanaTsuki. This is without wiring or sueding correct?

And for the record, I don't know why people make such a big deal about double jointed dolls. I have double-jointed dolls that pose wonderfully, but I also have single-joint dolls that once wired give them a run for their money. Likewise, I have seen and held double-jointed dolls that are bad posers. Double-joints do not automatically equal good posing, just like normal joints do not automatically equal inferior posing. It looks like Bo-Nee has a very good joint system. I am pleased with what I see.

5. Yep, the only mods she has is I changed her eyes and added the wig, everything else is just straight out of the box. I did look at the Oceanmoon site to see the poses they did while making the body to help me figure out how to manipulate the joints. Really that was one of the biggest factors in me buying her. I thought she was cute but after seeing her pose I knew I needed to get her. I really love when my dolls can cross their legs even if its only a little bit.

A picture of my oldskin Volks Nasia:
      [​IMG]

My feeling is that with any new doll body you need to get used to the way it moves and how to manipulate the joints. Although I have been thinking recently that a couple of my girls could benefit from sueding of some sort.

6. AlhanaTsuki ~ thanks so much for the pics! Looks like her mobility is pretty decent. :)

As for double joints, I agree -- some dolls can pose super without them, just look at the original Domuya Flexi body! But, I find dolls that can touch their face, sit with their legs to the side, cuddle naturally with other dolls, etc are more expressive to me and most single jointed dolls can't do these things. So I am happy to see that Bo-Nee has that mobility to her thighs, it makes for some cute sitting positions. :D

7. I didnt think to try any poses with her hands, I'm always bad at hand placement. Here is another cute picture to make up for it.
      [​IMG]

8. Oh wow, I hesitated on getting her and just decided in the end not to :/

But I'm IN LOVE with Ha-Nee, I might not be able to resist her :D and the boys look really nice too

I'm just having a problem with their head/body ratio, the heads look quite small for the bodies

9. oh my, how adorable is she?:D I love how naturally she poses!

10. I think I'm going to really try to stay away from pictures of Ha-nee. I just love this girl so much but I don't need another dolly. The wigs I ordered for this girl are in and hopefully her eyes will be here soon as well. Then there will be a ton of pictures =)

11. Hi, Does anyone with either skin tone Bo-nee have an Ail Alice head to compare resin with? I'm wondering if this smaller size body would look good with this head... :-)

Raven

12. For normal skin tone, our products are most compatible with those from Volks.
      Volks Purebody and old type bodies work very well according to our comparison.
      But, please note that those made from Luts have more reddish tone than ours or Volks.
      There will be visible difference when our head is paired with Luts body.

For white skin tone, ours color is white with slight tint of lemony yellow.
      This will work well with white skinned bodies from Luts.
      However, with Luts' new body has thinner-looking neck,
      we suggest you should pair your head with old types of Luts.

For Volks dolls, our white skin tone is most similar to their [Kouya] type,
      Snow-white skinned.
      Please note that Volks' recent white skin tone is white color with tint of rosiness.
      Old types have stronger tint of lemony yellow than ours.

13. For normal skin tone, our products are most compatible with those from Volks.
      Volks Purebody and old type bodies work very well according to our comparison.
      But, please note that those made from Luts have more reddish tone than ours or Volks.
      There will be visible difference when our head is paired with Luts body.

For white skin tone, ours color is white with slight tint of lemony yellow.
      This will work well with white skinned bodies from Luts.
      However, with Luts' new body has thinner-looking neck,
      we suggest you should pair your head with old types of Luts.

For Volks dolls, our white skin tone is most similar to their [Kouya] type,
      Snow-white skinned.
      Please note that Volks' recent white skin tone is white color with tint of rosiness.
      Old types have stronger tint of lemony yellow than ours.

14. Thank you for that info!! :-)

Raven

15. I was stalking Ha-nee:3 over at oceanmoon's site and saw that WIP photos of Asa-mir, the 51.5cm boy, have been posted.
      direct link here
      or go to http://oceanmoon.byus.net and click on "Works".

Looking good!!

16. I'm safe b/c I dont usually like boys. I hope they pose as nicely as the girls though. My Bo-nee got to go to her first meetup yesterday and I think a few people are really tempted by her.

17. How wonderful to see a smaller SD doll, she could be a good friend for Zaoll who is 52cm, I love this smaller size as full SDs are a bit big for me, they make great big sisters for my MSDs!

18. omg I have been waiting for her to come out since the first pictures!! She's perfect, I can't wait 'til she's up!!