1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh no! I did what I said I wouldn't!

Jul 22, 2009

1. After my first I knew I might want an SD one day, but I thought my next doll, if I ever got a second at all (there are huge money issues circling my life and everyone in it right now) would be a B&G Sharon. He was gonna be my first, but I really wanted a more mature sculpt and when I saw an AOD Chi I knew that was going to be my first doll. Then a couple days ago I saw a Doll Leaves Xavor and it just clicked that he needed to be my second doll. Now. So I put him on layaway and poor Sharon gets pushed to the side again. n.n'

Maybe it's just not really meant to be with him (B&G Sharon). His factory photos just reminded me of a little orphan boy that desperately needed a hug, but if I haven't gotten him yet and now I'm getting a different doll just like that after seeing it, then maybe I don't REALLY want the Sharon after all.

2. Personally I could never sell my first. Even if I felt that his character changed, I don't think I could ever get rid of him. He's been my only doll for a couple years and I'm very attached to him. But That's just me. Everyone's situation and feelings are different.

3. I need a new digital camera. n.n' Mine is dying a slow painful death and is very touchy. It's been affecting my doll photos. I can only take pics outside now. My cam won't focus properly indoors. But I said I don't have the money for a new cam right now and the old one still works so I can put it on hold. Now I'm getting a new doll. Hope my camera doesn't croak on me, although I might have to take the box opening pics outside. n.n'

4. I said I would only buy one after I got lucas. annnnnnd now I have amadine and my pipos charlotte on layaway. And a soom lami head. .-. Now I REALLY won't buy another one this year.

Parts however..... and a body for the lami head.... thats a different story!

5. i think this is normal :) everyone finds a different doll that they want at some point, it's up to you which one you choose, or buy both! so they can be friends!

6. My choice for my first bjd keeps switching! xD

So far its changed to something else I saw, then back to the original and then switched to a third choice, etc.

7. I said NO ANTHROS, cause dangit, thats a slippery slope and would pave the way for desiring millions of little fuzzy minions for the big dolls.

So now I'm eyeballing Pipos Charlotte Cat with huge amounts of WANT! XD

8. I told myself "Oh you'll never own a Volks. Too expensive and there will never be a sculpt you really like." That changed about two years ago when I got my SD10 Mimi. I liked her so much I bought a SD13 boy. I have a feeling my next big doll will be another Volks.

Never say never in the dolly world.

9. ditto...
      I laugh out loud at myself now when I make a rule about what I will not buy!!!
      I dare not make a rule or say "never". As soon as I do, I find the most amazing "never"!!!!

10. Yup. I think that is an important thing you learn if you spend any long periods of time in this hobby. I thought I would never shell out the big bucks for Iplehouse dolls but now they're primarily the ones I buy. I also thought I would never like Volks dolls and be tempted but...well, I definitely have a few on my wishlist that I intend to buy someday.

11. I'm doing my best to decide which of the dolls on my wishlist I want first, but I have a feeling it will depend on which one I'll be able to afford first and which one is most convenient to buy.

12. bump ~~ :sweat

actually yes ! i was saving my money for CB yeon-ho , but then CB Yuri come out and ... i just ... click 'buy' :doh
      the night after i had a dream of yeon-ho yelling at me :sweat
      though i'm now i'm planning just to have 1 doll , but its hard specially when there's always new doll comes out almost every month :...(

13. All I wanted was DoD Petsha, I even looked for a month to make sure I didn't want something else. When she arrived I was happy and she was perfect. Then it started. So now, 6 months later my just one has become just 4. I am completely happy with my dolls but I know I still feel something is missing so I think the group may still grow a little. I'm hopping it doesn't get bigger than... well 10 but I can already tell I have no will power.

14. Well, I'm still expecting my first doll in the mail... but I did just impulse buy a little accessory for him off ebay just now!
      It's a little camera! :)

How could I not buy it?
      It was only 7.99 and had free shipping!!!:o

15. This. SO this. LOL

I started out saying ONE doll and never over $200....now I have a total of 20 including planned or layaway. Most were over $200....but the "never a Volks" topped my "never" list because I didn't see what made them so special or worth so much and most sculpts are too immature, not to my taste, etc.

And then I saw an F16 boy...and fell in love....and while I don't have one YET, he is certainly on my list.

So...um...no more "I'll never" rules for me. LOL

16. Join the club lol I was saving for a BBB mei but she is just so damn hard to get everytime I see her for sale she runs out the same day I bought a BBB tiah instead and I am very happy with my purchase ^.^

17. For me, one was enough...for like 3 months lol Then 2 was enough...for 5 O.o Then I was like, "Fine, I'm doing this thing! And I'm dragging people in with me!" ...So I bought my friend one for her birthday. She said, "One will be enough...for now XD" So then I started saving for my 4th BJD...saw a limited that had nothing to do with any of my characters I have made...now making payments on him XD MAN, I LOVE THIS HOBBY!