1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh no! I did what I said I wouldn't!

Jul 22, 2009

1. This is a very addictive hobby. I think it's the beautiful faces and all the possibilities these dolls can offer a creative person.
      Yes, I too am only eight months into this hobby and have four dolls already and the list keeps growing when I see a doll I like. Which one to buy? That too changes each week.

2. Me too! I'm saving for Reiko from Dollzone, but being me, I was browsing ebay and found this ADORABLE Bory for sale, fom Luts. I'm determined to have both of them now... in a few years... unless I win the lottery. lol <3

3. Oooohhh!! I know what you are talking about!!
      I keep buying other things then the one Doll I really wanted since the beginning XD

I am starting to wonder if I will ever be able to stop looking at other ones and go for my dream !!!

But... Que sera sera =3

4. Ah~ I totally understand that feeling~

I was saving for a DOD Ducan when I saw AOD Gu, and without thinking, I bought him. Then the left overs I continued to save again to get Ducan, but later decided maybe Ducan is not what I want since I started losing interest...

Then I decided I want a DZ Luke. But I ended up getting a DZ tan Mo-3. No regrets too~

Then I started to save again for both CP Lu-wen and the vampire head and also saving for a DOD Tender Too and Pisce. When I saw that the marketplace had a full set Heliot...the money got all spent there instead. :doh

But I don't regret getting any of my dolls. I love them all the same~ :fangirl:

5. Ahaha, this happens with me all the time it seems. :sweat "Oooh! I want a Volks SD Kun sooo bad!", "Oh my gosh! Volks Yo-SD Lin is adooooorable! I have to get her first instead!", "Waaaah, dear friend of mine in the hobby, why are you offering me your Volks MSD Mika, that you know I adore, at a friendly-discount of $400? :...(", "EEEEP!!! Volks F-18 MSD girl is soooo cute! Must. Get. MUST! GET!"

:sweat That is me from week to week in this hobby. So now, I have a wishlist with all of those listed above, and more, on it. :lol:

6. Yes, this has happened to me, too. The marketplace here is a wonderful, dangerous place.

I had initially intended to just get one, a MNF Shushu girl, Finn. Then I decided I needed Crow and Riddick to go with her. You can see by my sig, which is in the order I got them, that I did eventually get Finn - but just her head! Her body's on order and hasn't arrived yet.

Beware of floating heads, also. Especially MNF heads. Once you have ONE, tons of others start to roll in. You can find the heads by themselves for reasonable prices, and it's so easy to change the MNF heads that you put it on a body just to see what it looks like, and then it suddenly has a personality, and you have to buy it clothes. And then a body, which will often come with another head on it... and maybe an event head, and a sleeping head...

7. Oh yes, this definitely happens to other people all the time; myself included, although admittedly when I save for a particular doll, I usually get that doll and don't end up falling for another doll half way through. However, when I first got into the doll hobby a little over a year ago, I felt that two dolls would be my limit. I got Dieter and I got Siegfried - two of my original characters - and I thought I would be content with that. Then I decided Sieg needed upgrading to a larger doll size, so along came the SDF Cian and I had three dolls. Then (and here I'll blame my friend for wanting an Akando! XD!!) I decided I wanted a Sabik as one of my other characters because my friend had been pining over getting a second doll and there was a good possibility she would get it and turn it into my character's partner.. so the doll count almost went up to four, but I eventually sold my MSD so my current doll count is three.

I decided, somewhere along the way, that FIVE dolls would be my new and final limit (no compromising with myself unless I win the lottery). But... Soom started releasing tiny sized MDs and before I knew it, I had ordered Glot, Glati and Skoll... and recently I've been on the look out for my first and hopefully ONLY girl doll...

I think it's time I re-set my doll limit to ten *_*

8. I don't think you can just have one doll . . . I swear they multiply over night and they demand friends and companions . . .

9. I fell in love with a Ys doll type B, but then he got sold out so I might need to fall in love with a new one!!! But I don't want to!!!! I plan on getting five at the most, but I dout that will happen. T.T

10. @HatterInsanity: You should nevertheless buy a Shine. They are sooo pretty *__*

and to stay on topic....
      It's kind of normal for this hobby. I got my first one in january and my second one is already ordered >.< at first I planned to get only one but now... my wishlist grows and grows -.-

11. I had planned to get a RS Mei as my first, somehow I ended up with a BBB Espree and RS An. They arrived in January, by Monday I will have 7 dolls and not one Mei among them.

12. i thought when i got akando i could not possibly want another doll. i think that lasted about a week. there are just too many wonderful dolls out there to just limit yourself to one!

13. OMG it happened to me... after getting a wee little elfkin, I was pretty set on Luo being my first big doll... but then I found a Kyle Reese for basically a steal and happened to have enough for a down payment... and I couldn't resist xDD I kinda felt bad though, going around the forums saying how much I love Luo (and even making a rather pretty avatar about it), but now that I see that other people have had the same thing happen to them, I don't feel as badly XD
      I really need to save up to get him next, though... I want him by Acen! @_@; At least I think my boyfriend is going to buy me a pukifee or BBB Mei for my birthday/christmas though, so that should hold me off, mwahahaha...

14. I've been in this hobby starting in like late 2006....I own a floating MNF shuiwoo sleepy elf and I'm waiting for my "first" full doll, MNF Ryeon boy. Lets see..my first dolly love....DOC Si....Then MNF Shiwoo....then a flod came in so I can't remember..and now MNF Woosoo and karsh...yup, dollies are addicting and I plan on getting all 53 on my wishlist, if not more!!:mwahaha *needs to get a good paying job and soon...or win the lottery*

15. Well, I thought I'd have a few, a handful at most. 5-6...I got nearly 40!

16. that kind of happened to me but for my first I wanted a girl and I fell in love with one from doll in doll, minuets before submitting my order, I came on here and looked up owners photos, :O it wasn't a girl... it was a boy... so shattered I went looking again and found DOD and fell for another... he was a boy too.... then i found Shall!!! and then saw E-an..... I ended up getting Shall, but may get E-an later lol welcome to the hobby.
      me 2 cents: I think E-an is beautiful in person even more than the DOD pictures. and I am amazed by DOD's resin quality.

17. I gave up at planning for a set number a long time ago--my list kept changing. I have a large doll family, but that works fine for me.

Sometimes when I'm saving up, I'll change my mind--usually it's because I find a headsculpt that's a better fit for the character I have in mind.

18. I said I'd never pay more than $800 for a doll. I thought, really now---$800 itself is a lot for a doll to begin with. ....Now awaiting my current lovely who has totaled up to, at this point, $3000+...:lol: Eh hee.:sweat:aheartbea

Also thought I'd never get a limited----FREAKING LOL, WATCH ME FAIL. xD;;;;

One doll per year promise----already dead and gone, that statement. :XD:

No more than 5 BJDs? HA HA HA. Let's aim for no more than 25----for now.:sneaky;)

19. D:> For the longest time, I was saving up for a BlueFairy Olive. She was the one I wanted, and I knew that wouldnt change! >:C

.... Then I saw Bluefairy's Jerome. A few months later, I had finally saved enough and he was mine! D:

20. I wants LOTS of doll, but i am poor. and bad with money. And I really like buying my current dolly clothing. My wallet is so sad.