1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh no! I did what I said I wouldn't!

Jul 22, 2009

1. I have tried TWICE to save for a DOC Leya only to have her funds stolen by another doll. First they were stolen by Sakura and now they've been stolen again by LittleFee Shiwoo.
      *sigh* I hope I can finally save for Laya someday *_*

2. I think the main thing is to "control yourself"..

3. Haha, yup yup, it's perfectly normal to be torn. :)

I never planned on "just one," because my dolls are characters from a story of mine, but there are days when I think I could live with just my one girl. Think of it this way: there is ALWAYS more you can make for your one doll, more photos you can take, more poses you can master, more to get just right.... whereas if you have more than one you have to split up your time. XD

Regardless, what you're going through is very common, and one of those things that most folks around here shake their head about with a smile. In the end, I'd wait a while if you can and see which one just won't leave you alone. That's the doll you'll end up wanting to bring home most.

4. I was planning on getting an Iplehouse Tania, but then Soom Glot came out and I bought her instead! Since she was limited, I figured I needed to buy her before she was gone, so Tania never came home. Now I'm planning to bring her home as my third doll. :)

5. For months I was planning to get a Bambicrony Cookie Elf for my first BJD.

But then I accidentally stumbled upon DoD Petsha. Sparks flew and my heart skipped beats. I ordered her within the week.

I still adore Cookie Elf but I was intantly captivated by Petsha. So I know how you feel. :aheartbea

6. I had a wishlist about ten dolls, but a Dark Elf Soo stole the show last Christmas when my newly-purchased Elf Chiwoo demanded a girlfriend.

... so I shall obey, once I have the funds.

7. I always try to "sleep on it" when I find new molds I like... try to figure out characters and stuff for them ya know? So as to get over the initial "omg so pretty must have!" phase

8. I swore them off initially, but now I find myself wanting a tiny. :( I really do not need another doll to clothe and accessorize when my current dolls are already demanding more stuff.

9. This is so weird. I remember posting if there was any doll that I probably would never get, it would be a tiny. They are cute and all, but I just didn't think so. Well, I also remember posting never say never in that same thread. Now, while travelling over the summer, I kept thinking if I had one of those YO-SDs or some really small doll, she could be here with me and I could take photos easily. Maybe it is reading the news threads and seeing them. They have so grown on me. I want to see them in person first. Gotta get to some meet or an event or something.

10. Oh yes...saving for many dolls now. Lol, whichever catches my interest the most...
      Then you find more, and the choices come down to- who do I want first?

11. I got my first doll, hadn't paid him off fully yet, saw a secondhand Luts KDF Cherry on here, bought him the next day.

I'm weak. :doh

12. I haven't been saving for my Kid Delf Lemon for too long, but I made the decision MONTHS ago that she is going to be my first doll. Then, one day a few weeks ago, I spotted the female version of kid delf Hodoo... :o

I'm still debating it, but I think I'm going to get Lemon first cos I like her very open eyes. Hodoo is on my wish list now though...

13. I have a feeling E-an has some magic sculpted into her to make everyone drop whatever they're doing and WANT HER NOW.

...it happened to me too. :(

14. I am "unfortunately" in the same situation, I am currently saving for DOT Shall, but I fell hard for Pongpongs and Littlefee ante and it seems like I dunno what to buy *_*

15. Argh >.< I know how you feel! I have been saving since last year for my first doll (DOT Camine) and I'm more than half way there. However, just recently I fell in love with A PukiPuki Pukisha! :D I already have enough to buy him~ I was planning on getting both dolls eventually so now I'm just reconsidering the order I get them in. So I think I'll get him first >w< Forgive me Genji! (My Camine) XD

16. It soo hard to buy without the money >:
      but i decided too buy my Shall :D

17. I go through what I call my "out of control" phases where I don't know which way to turn, and I want so many at a time, which, of course, I can't have. Oh, well.

18. But your only-child dolly would be so lonely! Think how much he/she would like a friend... or two... or twenty.

19. I started saving for Luts Regen but soon I watched Mononoke anime and now I'm waiting for Kusuriuri's minimee and planning to finish him at the first place. I thought I'm going to have only one doll, but there'll be at least two of them I guess...

20. I feel your pain.. Before.. I really want a Homme Ducan or DOT Calla.. then Musedoll Re-che.. then now... I'm saving up for DOC Ivan :)).. It's been 2 years since the 1st time that they have introduced me BJD XD and still i can't sleep XD