1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Older Volks MSD Ken headcap problems

Apr 19, 2006

1. my oldskin msd ken (I sold him to Kagari..) was the same as your photos. I held his headcap on by putting a thick bit of fabric over the bottom 'clips' usually.

my one's headcap said 12/03 if I remember right

your Ken seems totally identical to mine...I got mine as a kit so maybe yours was too!

2. From your photos it looks like the hole that the plastic peg goes into is filled with eye putty or something. Try removing that and pulling the plastic peg out a bit (I use pliers) so that it is longer. I have two MSD with this type of system and their caps actually stay on very well. You get extra plastic pegs with each MSD kit as well, but I haven't had to replace mine in over 3 years and I've done a lot of head/eye changes.

3. My MSD Enn's headcap doesn't fit right as well. I think it's normal for oldskin versions. I used an elastic to attach the headcap to the S hook, but it was too hard to put and I ended up just taping it. ^^"

4. Enn's headcap is not the same as the Ken headcap in the picture, which seems to be a really old version. My Enn and Hewitt are both oldskin but they have a different headcap than this Ken. Their headcap looks very similar to my pureskin F-10: it stays on great with the elastic put through the resin loop in the headcap and then hooked onto the S-hook in the head. I guess only the newest models have magnets...but I find the magnet-less oldskin/pureskin system works great, too.

5. Babytarragon, Hmm thanks! I'm pretty sure that mine did come as a kit...don't quote me on that one though. I think all oldskin Kens came as a kit?

Deb, Thank you, I'll have to try that when I can find my pliers >_>''

Juu, I've heard of a lot of people getting fed up with the headcaps and just taping them on. I use the adhesive velcro to hold mine in place. ^_^''

6. I vote that he's not LE since LE dolls have "LE" in the back of their head cap and not "RE" (it stands for Regular Edition!) but my friend's Ken also has that same problem...though I own an old skin, old body MSD Mario and he has the rubber band thing goin' on.

But at least your head cap is the right size, Hakuji's is to big for him... >^^<''' lol but my friend just got fed up and used some blue tac to hold on Turee's head cap.

~suppi

7. You're welcome!

You could use tweezers or something like that too, anything that will give you a good grip on it... those things can get wedged in pretty tight! If you need another peg (like if that one is too loose or damaged) just send me a PM, I have a bunch of extras :)

8. Just taking a stab at it, but is your S-hook on upside down? I have a pureskin Mika, and her S-hook goes with the small end facing up. This may seem irrelevant, but when Cassis' S-hook was even slightly off from the grooves, her headcap would not stay on at all, so that's why I'm throwing it out there ^ ^

9. Actually, no. The first Ken, LE Ken, did not come as a kit. He and Mika were finished dolls. ^^;

10. kuro, actually when I went to a meetup in Ga. someone told me that it was upside down with the small end facing upward...and then proceeded to switch it, so I really don't know which way is "right" ^_^''

11. Thanks for the info :D

12. I have a limited Ken.
      He is old resin and came with two pairs of hands. One free like most of the Volks MSDs, and one clasping. His head plate is: DP8/02.12.15

The inside of your doll's head looks just like mine. However, the pate fits alot better than the one you have on your guy.

Deb's correct....the peg thing really does work. That's how my Ken's pate stays on.

13. Yea I don't know why it fits so wonky ^_^'' ah well. I've tried to fix it but it just doesn't seem to work...:(

14. Huh, that's funny, because in my Mika's papers, it clearly shows the small end facing upwards. But I do have a pureskin Mika, after all, so it's very possible that it's different.

15. the limited kens:
      http://www.denofangels.com/msd/ken.jpg

he's probably one of the standard kit kens. my guess like someone else said is that he's a regular edition (standard) ken

just for some more information about his twin, limited mika:
      http://denofangels.com/carmen/carmen2.jpg
      http://denofangels.com/carmen/cfb8.jpg
      If I had to guess based on those old photos, I would say the hand was http://denofangels.com/MSD-H-01.jpg.
      the clasped hands... (I have these somewhere... *_* if someone wants me to take a pic)

as to the headcap, your headcap seems totally normal... its just some headcaps on the older dolls didn't fit quite right. My old F08 head did the same thing.

16. My Ken's headcap doesn't fit on properly either.

17. @little_robin87 will be updating this thread with photos. With photos it will be a good reference for the older Volks MSD.