1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Omg... I actually got PERMISSION!

Jan 10, 2006

1. Heh, my parents are actively encouraging me to blow some of the money we recently came into on something frivolous. When my dad finds out that 'frivolous' = resin doll he might despair of me (he wanted me to use the cash for a trip for myself to Africa) but in the end I'm 21, currently living on the other side of the globe, and they acknowledge that I should do whatever I want with my money, since I've always been careful with my spending habits. They trust me and leave things like this up to me to decide, even if they don't really understand why I buy the things I do.

2. well, being 41, my parents didn't have much say :> but my mother HAS said that she likes Megumi's personality (pictures only at this stage, she lives at the other end of the country :<)

Hubby on the other hand.... he was pretty supportive... but then he always is..... he lets me pretty much have anything I want...

The kids - WELL! They weren't impressed with me spending so much money on ME.. they thought I should get the house air conditioned, or buy them a holiday, or a TV for each of their rooms (only two of them currently have one)... naaah!

Now that Megumi is here, everyone adores her.. of course!

Be well

Carol

3. Hehe, yeah, I know that, being 20 and all (Probably 21 by the time I can get my next doll), my parents shouldn't control my money... And they don't, but I've always respected my mom's way of handling money (she's a credit officer, so it comes naturally to her), so she's sort of my unofficial accountant or something. I bought Raz very impulsivly with the money I'd saved for my laptop, and found out after I ordered him that my dad was going on strike soon (Now THERE'S a bit of information that should be shared with the whole family), and so my making such a big purchase... well, bad timing, I guess. ^^; Anywho, my mom is NOT a fan of impulsive spending, and proceeded to give me a huge speach/guilt trip. Lucky for me, the order had already gone through by the time she found out, or else it might have been enough for me to change my mind.

4. I may be an adult (20) but I still live with my mother. I rarely spend a lot of money, though, and as long as I'm not asking her for money, she doesn't mind what I get.

I figure that the one doll I bought is like a treat to myself, and since I never do that, it's fine by me.

5. My mother didn't approve until I started making money off him. X3 My husband thinks they're awesome tho, and is looking forward to me getting a girl. Behold the power of boobs!

6. Heh, I'm 24 and live at home because apartments are expensive and my job doesn't pay enough. I pay rent every week along with my own bills (phone, food, gas). But, my mum, who -was- okay about bjd, has officially banned me and my sisters from bringing anymore dolls into the house. Especially me because I have more.

I've always been afraid to stand up to my mother (could have something to do with the fact that she's nearly 6ft tall and I fear confrontation) and really..it's my money I'm saving. Apparently though, she'd rather see me going out every weekend to clubs. =.= Right. Because I've always been a party animal. 9.9 *really does not like those places*

I wonder how I'll break it to her that I bought a Breakaway El and my sister bought a Tanning El? n.n;;

7. I just talk about dolls all the time so whenever they hear "So I was looking at some dolls today..." and my family goes "Oh crap, here she goes again!"

I think if I keep bugging them, I can get my Hound...

XD

8. My Mother is no longer around, unfortunately, but I'm sure she would love the BJDs. I had a dolls house, and when I left home, she confessed that she wouldn't part with it cos she still played with it!

My Dad has a million hobbies, model airplanes n stuff, so he understands. My hubby is totally bemused by it. When I had a Barbie fixation, I bought my pregnant Midge some maternity clothes, and my hubby kinda said "Why?" n my Dad looked at him totally straight faced n said "Because she's pregnant!" like it was perfectly natural for his (then) 30 year old daughter to pander to the whims of plastic dolls...

9. Congratz on getting permission!

I guess i'm pretty lucky. My mom was always pretty lenient about my freedom and what i buy (my stepdad never talks to me so i don't really worry about him) as long as it isn't her money. Recently i bought an ipod video and she just shrugged it off.

Personally, i think if it's your money YOU have a right to buy it or not. Your parents really have no say in if you can or can't. I may sound like a hardcore rebel but srsly, it's not their money so what do they have to worry about?

10. I don't want to say my age, cause everyone will make fun of me, but I live at home and basically have to hear the bitching. I am over 18, and I do work, but yeah...my parents basically have a lot of say. Luckly, dad has no idea how much one is...Mom does...and seeing as how I have like 2 grand into those I have right now...I'd so be dead if my father knew.

11. My parents don't really agree with their costs XD But I pay for them anyways. My Dad likes the idea of them and he's so business-esque he says I should figure out how to make money in what I love (aka some how make a dollie business). My Mom, while she thinks blowing money on resin is quite frivilous, really likes my dolls XD She DOES want her own one day (which I plan to get for her b-day), but she just thinks its too much money.

12. Congrats. That's nice to hear. :D

On topic...
      My mom never really questions what I want to buy because she knows I only get things when I really, REALLY want them. So, when I told her that I was saving up for an expensive doll, she didn't get mad at me, but she was confused about why the price was so high. Even so, she accepted my decision and gave me her support.

I told my dad recently about buying my doll and he...actually, I couldn't tell what he was thinking. XD
      All he said was, "...That expensive? Wow, you must be rich."
      He also said he would have offered to give me some money if I had told him and asked. Strange on his part though (which was why I didn't want to tell him in the first place)...

13. Hey, congrats!

As for me, I don't live at home anymore and have freedom with my money. As long as I can pay for rent (my parents are nice enough to pay for my foodstuffs), I can use my disbursement money for books and whatever else I might need or want.

So this quarter, my two disbursement checks (from fall AND winter quarter) are going to my doll. I'm sure my mother would flip if she knew, but now that it's officially my money I'm spending and not theirs, they don't get on my case quite as badly. Then again, I think Mom will be happier with it when she finds out I'm going to start making and selling doll clothes and jewelry (I'm a cosplayer m'self). ^^;

14. At first, my parents told me that I am insane: 'You want to buy a DOLL at THIS age ?! And such an extremely expensive doll ?! ' I am 22 years old, and I don't see any reason why I shouldn't buy and enjoy a doll at my mature age ... I think that children are not able to take care of such a fragile item as BJD is ... BJDs are like a porcelain, the elastic string is of course strong but not enough strong to resist constant strains which children activity will for sure cause ...

So I started to depict the BJDs as a hobby and a kind of art ... My parents are habituated to my artistic personality- I have always been drawing, now I am designing clothes, painting, I also write poetry and my Mum and Dad always ask me for a piece of advice about clothes composing ;)
      So I used my artistic activity to persuade my parents , that I need a 'dollfie' in the same way as I need to draw , to create sth. I told them that such a doll will light my grey everyday routine , will let me evolve etc etc ...
      And they understood ... They accepted my BJD addiction and even helped me with saving enough for my first BJD. For my B-Day I received the rest of the money needed to buy my dear Sonya :)
      At first my parents were a kind of afraid of BJDs ... 'They look like little aliens' said my Mum ... At the beginning my mother didn't like the CP Ani-Elf headmold because of big eyes , but now she likes her and she says that her face is really pretty :)

I'm saving for another BJD, this time it will be a SD-sized boy. But now I need to earn whole amount of money by my own. I'm going to work during holidays :) I hope I'll manage to earn enough ;)

My parents have no longer anything against my BJD addiction. I still live with my parents and Sonya of course ;)

So ... You see. If You start talking with your parents, explaining them why You love BJDs ... then ... it is a strong possibility that they will understand !

15. My parents are being really great about me getting a doll. They think they're beautiful, and are actually helping me pay for my first one!
      My Mom is really fond of tanned Hounds, and my Dad's an elf Lishe fan.

16. Heh, I talked to my Dad on the phone about getting a Delf El a while back.. He's really into Japanese culture, so he knew vaguely what BJDs are, but he totally freaked when He heard how much I was going to be paying for him..

Then the Calvary came to the rescue.. My step mom took the phone away from him, talked to me for about 20 minutes while looking through the Lutz website, and said if I get the doll, she will know what to get me for my birthday and Christmas.. Which of course set Dad off again..

She put me on speaker and the three of us had a "discussion" about it, ending when Melissa said, and it cracked me up, "You're upset because you think it's a waste of money right? Regardless of the fact that she's been out of the house for over a year.." He agreed with her, thinking he'd convinced her, and she came back with "Well, then you won't mind selling off that sword collection hanging in the den..." lol I love Melissa.. Dad hasn't said a bad word about it since XD

<3 Ri

17. I don't think that my parents mind about my intentions of getting another doll.. I think they are more bothered by the fact that the clothes cost as much as a person's. XD

18. It's good for you saving up for your doll! I read a lot about people's parents paying for half or even all (!!) of their doll, and it really baffles me. If I asked my parents to buy me a $500 doll, they'd tell me I was insane and to save up my own money. They complain about paying for my college textbooks! I think the people who get financial help from their parents are really lucky.

That was kinda off topic. Sorry.

19. my mom just broke the news to my dad last night! i was really scared that he wouldn't allow. i'd probably fling myself out the window if he didn't allow me to get Camine. *sweat* but to MY surprise, he was calm and even OFFERED to sponsor $200?! but i said no. cos i like the feeling of knowing that i saved hard for him and he belongs to me and me alone. every strand of hair. XD is it just me or what. XD

20. My parents are just kind of like "Eh~" partially because they know the dolls are expensive but I won't share how expensive. I'm 19, I live at home, I work, it's my money but I'm also a college student trying to pay off tuition and car insurance. They're interested in him (and how he's paler than me XD;; he's BW and I've always been called Jane Austen white, and I look dark next to him) and want to give their 2 cents on how he should look. I know that after I bring home one or two more boys though they're gonna be like "STOPSPENDINGALLYOURMONEY >O"