1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Omg... I actually got PERMISSION!

Jan 10, 2006

1. As I said before, it's not quite that I need permission-- I bought Raziel behind their back, after all-- it's more of a sense that my mother is VERY good with money, being a credit officer, and so I trust her judgement when it comes to what I spend my money on.

I think that what it came down to is that I showed her exactly how I would be dividing my money-- how much would go into my college fund, how much would I save for spending money, and how much would go into my doll fund. I guess it made her see that I wasn't going to be reckless about it (or at least not as reckless as I was when buying Raziel...) and that I'd still put a minimum of $400 per paycheck towards college.

2. I just purchased my first doll off ebay and I havent told my parents yet..I guess ill just wait till it arrives..Im not really good at telling my parents things because whatever I do is never as good as what my brother and sister do.So for the second doll I want Im saving up for it already IM just gonna tell them thats what Im using my tax refund check for..I might have to stretch the truth about the price..But if they get too mad about the price I have a plan to tell them about how they let my brother spend $300 on a fishing rod and reel.

3. Before I got my doll first doll, I decided that my parents should buy it for me because I'm wonderful. But they said I wasn't quite that wonderful and offered me a barbie instead :|
      I held out for quite a while. I thought that if I just kept asking, they'd get me one for my 18th birhday or something. But they didn't.

So I just went and blew my car fund on a doll. And my dad bought me a car *_*

I really don't get my parents...

4. My mom doesn't care as long as she's not paying for it.
      She gives me little lectures about responsible spending occasionally, but she knows that I'm not some moron who would blow every single paycheck on doll related stuff, and she believes that everyone should be able to spend some of their money on useless, yet enjoyable stuff, otherwise we'd all have no desire to work hard.
      (What we find enjoyable just differs from person to person. I would never spend my money on an expensive sports car for instance, but lots of people would.)

5. My dad has no idea, other than my sis and I have been talking about dolls and awful lot and it's been about a decade at least since we did that. My mom thinks it's a total waste of money. But at the same time she know's she really can't say anything because she has a few expensive Barbies, on top of her Precious Moments and Doughboy collections. My brother doesn't get why I want them (he agrees with my Mom), but he gave me doll money for Christmas... Said I HAD to use it for a doll or he might as well go buy me something.

6. Sometimes I think it's more of me being self-conscious about the hobby than anyone actually minding. For my birthday I got two cards with money saying it was to help with saving for a doll o_O That . . . shocked me, to say the least. I just try to keep my mouth shut about them, assuming it would annoy people and just gain me some eye rolls, but maybe I'd be surprised.
      I'm happy to say I've never gotten the "That's a waste of money" reaction though.

7. LOL. That would have been a nice 18th BDay present. Your parents probably think you're an adult and, therefore, too old for dolls. And it's impractical to spend that much on a toy (but we buy them anyhow :sweat ). But you are 18, and that means you definitely need a car, which in this day and age is a practical and neccesary purchase.

It means they love you. They could have just said, "Yeah, kid, you blew your car cash. Start walking." :lol:

8. My parents are none the wiser that I have a doll coming.
      My partner however.... :( She doesn't like BJDs. They're "freaky looking" and "hideously overpriced" and "too girly", apparently.
      But, I ordered one. So HAH.

9. my parents are like, you only live once, when you grow up, have children, a house etc there wont be as much chance to do what you really love. ^^

10. Congratulations!

My mom was a bit afraid with my first doll that I would forget her after a while. But I still like her a lot so that's why I also got permission to buy my second doll (also because SHE likes her also xD)

11. My mom has warmed up to Reis considerably ^_^
      Before, she couldn't see the point in spending so much money on a doll. She even tried to convince me to not get one. But obviously, that didn't work xD
      But now, she'll comment stuff like Reis looks cute today, and will pose her when I leave them alone for a moment ^^ And when it's moms day off, and I forget to wake Reis, mom will do it for me ^_^
      And the other week, I brought Reis to my hometown Cockermouth, to meet the family, and my aunties [on my moms side] were a bit disturbed by her and couldn't believe how much I'd paid for her D: But mom really surprised me when she said that it was my money and I could do what I want with it, though a few months ago she was complaining about 'wasting' that amount of money.
      So yeah ^^

But my Dad doesn't show much interest xD He says that Reis has yet to make him a cup of tea, but Reis doesn't like tea anyway, so he's gunna be a bit disappointed xDD

12. I think my Grandmother likes my dolls more than my parents do. o-0 She loves how versatile they are and thinks it's impressive that I make most of the clothing they wear.

My parents have become rather 'Meh, whatever,' about my dolls. When I first got in to BJDs I didn't have a job so trying to save for one was near impossible. It wasn't long though that I landed a very well paying job and with a portion of my first paycheck I bought Samantha. My parents know that I pay my bills first, put some money in to my savings account second, and whatever is left I can play with.

My sisters (I have 2) on the other hand think I've gone weird in the head buying dolls and accessories for them. They think it's a waste of money. On several occasions I've pointed out that I think smoking is a waste of money but that doesn't stop either of them from quitting! ^^

13. My parents were totally against it and I wasn`t surprised considering the prices of BJDs, but this morning they just made my day! I was talking about the dolls again, had a little fight with my dad about this and suddenly he was like ''Okay, maybe I can talk about this with your brother and if he agrees to pay half of the price we`ll get you that doll for your birthday, but only if you manage to get the college scholarship!'' My jaw dropped! OMG, now I just need to pray that my brother agrees and I`ll be studying like crazy! My dad knows that I`m trying to save up for that doll and today he actually gave me some money, smiled and told me that it`s for my doll savings and that he and mom will try to help me! That was so sweet! :)

14. XD when I begged my mom to get Larue online (I had the money...just not old enough for the credit card...^^'), my mom said to ask my dad, b/c he was the supreme ruler of all...XDDD and I was scared, b/c my dad was usually a strict kind of person...but he casually said, "Whatever...it's your money." And I was like WAAAAAAAIIII!!!! :whee: XD and then I was like, "What are ya gonna do now mom? I have the king's permission!" lol I loved teasing my mom just then, so then she helped me out...XDDD

15. Well not really permission but my parents saw how unhappy i was that i made a wrong decision. Now my mum has said "Don't kill urself over buying your second choice, wait until it's here and if u still like that one, they're still popular and u have the money then buy him."

I didn't kno wot to think. That is sort-of a permission right? I wrote my parents a letter to explain why i brought Mo and why i like El. I think they understand a little more now.

16. I -totally- understand how you feel; I was like that when my mom finally said yes. xD; (It took her FOREVER. )

17. I feel like I have the most fairy-tale princess story going on here because I actually received my second doll as a Christmas present! I saved long and hard, though, for my first beauty, and I think I managed to impress my mother with my dedication and perseverance. :) The whole 'more than one' thing just seemed like an inevitability as far as she was concerned.
      I feel incredibly lucky to have been so supported!
      -V

18. I was going to save up for one, but when it came to the time that my mom wanted to know what I wanted for christmas, I couldn't think of anything I really wanted, so she decided to buy me a doll. Sure, it was more like her putting the money in her paypal account, and me ordering what I wanted but it was still pretty nice. All the money I saved went to clothes, and that's why Dashiell's wardrobe is so huge. My mom was actually disappointed that I spent it all on doll clothes, and not "a smaller doll as a little brother or sister" as she suggested.
      She really got a kick of telling all her relatives and family friends that she got me a naked doll for christmas.

19. Unfortunately, lots of parents don't like the idea. When my dream doll Tsukasa came out at Dollpa 10, I wanted him immediately, but couldn't afford him. Asking for help was out of question, so I never said anything. His price skyrocketed over the years, but 3 years went by and I finally had the courage to approach my parents and tell them I was considering a 2 grand dollfie. It freaked them out, but I had a whole rebuttle planned out. Plus, I was using my own money. They would have absolutely denied me if I hadn't provided good reasons to get him. :sweat

Lesson learned - Be reasonable, straightforward, responsible, and most of all: speak gently. ;)

20. Congratulation!
      It is a great step to gain the permission from the parents if you are not living alone. It is much more better than someone I heard that they got a BJD before their parents know nothing! They will keep against and even become more worse in case, I believe, if you are not asking the permission...

Don't wait, let bring BJD to your home~ XD