1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Omg... I actually got PERMISSION!

Jan 10, 2006

1. Heh, my dad is very apathetic about them. But my mom adores all dolls, and finds these ones to be amazing. I'm gonna get her one as a present later. :D

2. I'm only 13 too and it's a killer!
      My mom was interested in it when I mentioned it to her. She is very crafty, so I told her all about how I'm getting and Obitsu Gretel head to practice face-ups on. :)
      My dad still doesn't like the fact that I want one so bad. He constantly tells me that I should use that money for something else. He thinks buying a doll for $600 is just plain stupid. I try to ignore him since he is also attempting to convince me to become a nurse. :sweat

My birthday is tomorrow! :aheartbea I'll be getting money off that (I know I sound greedy :doh ). I'm going to save it and by Christmas I hope to have over half the money I need, so my parents and I will split the costs.
      Christmas is so far away though. *_*

3. argh my mum actually asked if my boy has arrived yet? i don't think she minds anymore cos she knows i'm depressed at the moment.

But i really want a second doll... my cousin said i should buy it and say it's a gift from him but about $700 from my account missing is a big hint. I so want a second doll for my birthday or christmas! depending on the ammount of money i have from saving.

i want my second doll now as well tho. i'm so greedy!

4. Wow, congrats ^^ My mom's probably going to play with mine, she always looks at my stuff and says how cute it is. First it was anime figures, now it's dolls. I am NOT telling her the price though, she'll freak, even if it's my money. XD;

5. Congrats :)
      When I told my mother I wanted to buy a very expensive doll she...laughed...in my face...:sweat ...and never spoke a word about it again.

My dad was the least understanding tho :( he gave me a lecture on how stupid he thought it was and that i was too old for dolls...
      But I didn't listen and now my boy is on his way :) .

I told them both the real price but I think they've forgotten it already (or more pushed it somewhere far in their minds :sweat )

6. You are very responsible AniDragon, and you have a lot of common sense! I can understand why your mother was okay with it, she was probably a little proud too. :aheartbea

I have to say I'm one of the lucky few who has parents that don't particularly care about what I spend my hard-earned money on. Just don't tell my dad how much I spend! :sweat

Artemille- Your mom is so cool! XD

7. My parents won't even allow me that. They said they want all my job money to go towards University.

I'm just going to save small amounts over a couple of months, squirrel some away, so I can afford one, but later.

8. When I first asked, mom thought I was NUTS. She was concerned about my wasting money, so on, so forth.

But then she offered I could get one as a very early b-day present. <3 But I didn't dare mention wanting ANOTHER one.

It's been about a month now since I ordered Bat. I've been talking about dolls almost nonstop, and I casually mentioned wanting another...AND SHE WAS FINE WITH IT. <333 In fact, she said "It's your money - get ten if you want, I don't care." <33333

9. My parents thought it was stupid of me to want something that was $300 plus but they let me buy him since it was my money. Now they've warmed up to the idea because I use him for my art a lot.

10. My parents were iffy about BJDs at first, but never told me I couldn't have one. Now they're both very encouraging when I work on face-ups and discuss the different characters I want in my home one day. My mother even just recieved her first BJD last month for Valentine's, a little Bambicrony named Effie. I think she even shows off my dolls more now than I do. She constantly has me emailing her photos of my own dolls as I work on them as well as the ones I work on for others. It's definitely entertaining if nothing else.

I have a cousin on the other hand who thought it was ridiculous when he found out I had over 200 volumes of manga at one point, and that it would have paid for my entire first year of college and then some. I would be incredibly amused by the look on his face if I told him that there have been other Elf Els that have sold for up to $1,600. Oh the amusement. X3 Of course... he would then promptly look at me and go "why the heck don't you sell the stupid thing then?" -.- Boys have no tact sometimes.

-Abs

11. when I was first introduced to BJDs I immediately showed them to my mom, and she really liked them. She told me that if only she had the money, she would totally get me one. I thought it was really sweet of her to say that. Now, almost three years later, I introduced them to my grandmother and am now getting one as a graduation present from her. Yay!

12. I told my mom about them at least a month+ ago and she was like why are they so much, and why do you want one, you don't even keep up with the dolls you have now (which are like normal barbies and stuff I've had for years now).
      I think shes more concerned with the fact that I tend to start liking things and not liking them the next and she doesnt want me to waste my mom like that, but I think she is kind of understanding that these are alittle different. My aunt just wants me to get it already so i can stop talking about them. O_o!

13. My stepmother makes fun of these dolls, saying rude remarks everytime I show her like,"oh, he has very nicely waxed eyebrows" or "oh my god!!! That's a man?!!"
      My mother is in debt and has other things to pay.
      My dad also thinks the same as my stepmother.
      Stuck. :'(

14. I never told my Dad how much these dolls cost, lol. I have no idea if he has any idea how expensive they are but I doubt he'd really care.. it's my money, I worked for it. As long as I pay my bills and stuff it doesn't matter what I buy..

15. My mom wasn't surprised at the cost as I used to cosplay alot and she knew how much I spent on that. However, I'm 22 now and had paid off my car which I was paying off during college. I've taken long absences between jobs, but only once have I had to ask for help with bills (and that was due to a family emergency). She loves it when I do creative things, and always tells people at work and family, so this is just one more thing she can talk about (that is, the clothes I design/make for Marie). As for dad, he doesn't care what I do because he knows I'm responsible with money.

<3 Laura

16. My mother knows that I want one, and she knows I've set up a seperate savings account for him, but I don't think she quite knows that he isn't going to be the only one and I'm not planning to tell her until saving has started for Ducan.. >.>
      My father doesn't know, and he probably won't be too happy either o.o

17. My parents didn't know about Lucy until I came over with her one day and was like "How does she look?" mom loved her and squeeled over her. My father wants me to sell her. Then Lith arrived and dad wants me to sell her but mom is in love with her. I know how dad will act when November get's here. "Sell him." Mom will love him.

18. My mom was really cool. I thought she was gonna flip, considering she is paying for my college and rent and clothes while I am in college, and she makes me buy clothes at Target and Walmart. She didn't actually care though, or even mention the money, except for asking how I was gonna get it. I have been saving as much as possible from my job for 3 years for something big. I guess she was okay with it because even though we didn't have a lot of money, she payed for riding lessons at 375 per month for 10 years, then bought me a horse for several thousand, adding in 425 a month for board, plus show expenses. So I guess 550 is not much in her eyes, though I had to sell my horse two years ago cause we couldn't afford it with college.

19. My parents don't really care one way or the other, as long as it's my money I'm spending. My mom was never into dolls so she just thinks it's a little odd. My dad thinks they're "cool" because of how they're put together (he does a lot of design work) but other than that they're both weirdly indifferent...

~Ari

20. My dad says I'm going to marry my boy when I grow up 8D;
      Says he won't show up to the wedding though D:<