1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Omg... I actually got PERMISSION!

Jan 10, 2006

1. OMG this story actually brought tears to my eyes. *is a big baby* lol That's so awesome.

Well I've told my mom about this new hobby of mine from the beginning and she's been rather iffy about it. When I got enough money to buy the Lati Red M I've had my eye on I decided last minute to get my girl first (she actually decided for me) but I couldn't decide on a mold. The E-an or Iris from Iplehouse. I asked my mom what she thought and she was more then happy to give me her opinion. She thought I should get E-an but she cost more then what I had in the bank for my doll fund. I told her this and she offered to actually help me to pay for her should I choose on that one. I thought about it for a while and decided that the Iris would be a better fit for my Ophilea. My mom didn't agree, (she really liked E-an) but she did help me pick out an outfit for my Iris. A little while later she goes "I thought you were getting your boy first." And I had to tell her that Ophilea decided to join us first. She nodded and seemed okay with this. :) We'll have to see after the family starts growing lol. I have been showing her Tiny's in anticipation of Danilyn coming home and she thinks they're adorable so I'll have no problem bringing her home. :) I'm sure Lucian will charm her when he arrives as well, since she's always keen on asking about how his saving is going. ;)

2. i wish all was this simple!

on monday i freaked out when they say they've lost Rae somewhere in the UK... so i was panicking and cried over wot to do next. My mum was soooooooo annoyed! then when she said "I didn't actually hate this doll at first but the way you've acted over it i'm beginning to detest it! is it worth all this in the end."

I stopped crying and worrying and i was shocked for the first time. I can't believe i am the one to make her hate these dolls so much. When he arrived i thought she may read an article about what r SD dolls. she refused flat out going "I'm not interested, he's here it's sorted i don't want to know anymore." I felt dejected right then.

I'm feeling very guilty and upset even with Rae here. everytime i play with him i feel all the guilt coming back about the situation with my mum then afterwards even more guilt cos i really want the El doll i am saving up for but if i get him it may break our relationship further. i can't bare to have him in the living sometimes cos i feel like he'll upset my mum further

If only my mum could understand. I thought she could hate them but at least understand why they are so expensive. I feel rotten that it was me who pushed my mum away.

3. m glad i dont live at home any more XD

Jun (Cherry boy) *sits on dresser*
      mom: *walks in *AH! wtf is that
      Me: Oh, ThAT? oh look at this!!!!
      xd;'

Id never tell her how much it was, id be like 'oh it was 20 bucks. whateve.
      .... its what i told my bf, it works. XD

4. ^^ That's great news!

I've almost saved up enough for the Special Blossom Body BF Emilie I want, but I don't know if my mom will let me get it (She's the only one with a Paypal account--my dad thinks it's okay to get one, and even offered to pay for half at one point.)
      She was kind of against the idea when she heard of the daughter of my family doctor.... the girl had used her mom's credit card without her permission in order to buy a $1200 SD. *_*
      I've been too afraid to bring it up with her lately. >> ... She can get really scary when she's against something, and I'm already embaressed enough about my affinity for BJDs....:sweat

5. I had been talking about and showing my mom pictures of the dolls for a few days before I decided that I had to have one and was going to save up for it. I don't have an actual job, but stay home and take care of my father so we don't have to hire outside help and my parents pay my credit card bill and give me spending money as payment. So when I showed my mom the doll I wanted (Dollzone Shoyu) she was like "Go ahead and put it on your card and I'll pay for it." I was surprised because she's usually against buying expensive things that she thinks are pointless. I think it helped that she used to collect dolls herself so she kinda gets the appeal.

When we told my dad he just shrugged and said whatever. He's used to my mom and I's weirdness at this point.

6. You won't believe me now, but the older you get, the smarter your parents are going to seem.

From the vast old age of 47 (with students whose parents are younger than I am), I can still remember the things I wanted. I earned the money for each of them, and have a much greater appreciation of what it takes to have them. Your "parentals" have to deal with things like a mortgage, utility bills, etc.

Think about how very much more you will appreciate your resin "kids" because they weren't just handed to you.

7. My mother would have a heart attack if i bought one at this point in time.. finantially cant afford it... even though im natorious for coming up with money out of thin air. I dont think my mom will ever support my desire for a bjd... but she dosnt have my to say in the matter considering im 23. ^^;

8. Congrats! It sounds like you're taking a very responsible approach, saving up and all, so I'm not surprised she approved.

9. Well I dont live with my parents anymore but they were not suprised or shocked theythought they were realy pretty...

10. My parents are still amazed at the amount of money I spend on my dolls, but they don't seem to care, as long as I have money in my college fund. ^^

11. They don't mind me getting dolls.

As long as I save up for it.

And mom knows I can't afford it. Had it not for so much intervention Lith would never make it home.

Though she says sure save for it, she won't let me work. XD;

The good thing is... I'm feeling rather whimsical who I want next since I'm getting tired waiting for the NEXT ONE who isn't molded yet.

So if I don't get my whimsical 'ah I'll have you next' then it's okay. It'll hurt a bit but really I'd prefer to direct my efforts to saving for THE NEXT.

And yeah, I'm still in debt. XD!

12. I was really surprised when my mom said that I could have it as a REALLY, REALLY early Christmas gift. x3
      (Edit; I didn't end up getting the BF, though; instead, I liked Dollzone's Shoyu mold more, and I heard that they have more mature bodies, which is an aesthetic I favor)

It's not something she'd usually consent to. O_O
      I think it's because my dad was behind me 200% ^^

13. everyone in family thinks they're hideous. but whatever, it's not their money. :X

14. My mom doesn't really say alot of negative things about my dolls. I don't have my BJD yet though, so we'll see if she thinks of her differently. Her only slightly negative opinion so far is that I shouldn't be spending so much money on dolls and that I should be putting that money away for my pending wedding (Apr 2009 - its so far away!); I think there is lots of time for the wedding stuff and I am going to continue to buy my dollies! hehe.

15. I think that is very wise. Your parent obviously respect your hobby and also appreciate your fisical responsibilty. Bravo!

16. My dad has openly said to my face: "I think you're a [expletive!] idiot for paying that much for a [expletive!!] doll."

My mom thinks they're beautiful, though. :'D

17. Congrats my partner still doesnt like the cost but i just ignore him lol

18. 8D I'm so happy for you! Parents sometimes just end up understanding. ^^; My mom was totally for me getting one at first and then when I actually started saving and planning.... >_> She flipped on me and didn't like it one bit.
      But later both my parents came to me saying they'd help pay for one as a birthday present. XDD I don't think either really like her but at least they helped. It meant a lot. :3

19. My mom things they're a huge waste of money, and my dad thinks I'm being an idiot about it, but they both have already said, "It's your money - do what you want with it."

I'm lucky, as my parents are fairly laid back, now that I'm quickly leaving my teen years behind. The big two-oh is in August for me, so they realize that, as an adult, I need to be allowed to make my own decisions, no matter how foolish they think they are. :thumbup

20. xDDD Lol, that's kinda what my dad said to me after he found out I got my first one! But he's mellowed out now and just ignores them :'D;;

My mom is the one who's supportive. (How can anyone not be, after buying their child 3 dolls *_*) She surprised me by referring to my boys as "grandkids" and talked me out of selling my first doll. She's even gone as far as to ask me, "Do they know about the birds and bees yet?" My reaction: :o??!! Recently she just bugged me to go for a girl doll. :sweat