1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Omukae Ceremony

Oct 7, 2004

1. I hope to make the ceremonial music my doll's theme song (w00t)
      but that sounds wonderful!!!

especially biased here because my bday is the same month to that day of your ceremony XD

2. I'm not to sure about the whole breathing life into your doll thing but It would be fun to give my boys one when they come... It's cute, like old superstitions.

3. Aren't all the 'opening box' photoshoots and photostories a sort of omukae ceremony? ^^
      (Including hte 'pet in box' photos. gotta have your pet in the box!)

4. Neat-o!! XD So I guess you and my Tsuruki have the same b-day?? %D and you're going to make "Tonight I Celebrate My Love For You" your doll's theme? Or another ceremonial music that YOU choose?

5. :lol: That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time! It certainly would cause an awkward situation for almost anyone. :oops:
      Unless of course, they um... feel that way?*_*

Sera

6. I like the idea of this thread. I'd like to offer my opinions, but I'll need to be very careful, because many of them stem from my religious beliefs.
      The power of the ceremony is your feelings behind it, thats what makes it special, not what candles, or music, or other props you use. While the props are special to you and can help you focus, the power in the ceremony comes from you.
      My idea of a doll-fasting ceremony would certainly have two candles, at least,one for you and one for your doll, inscence, cause I love it, music, to set the "special day" mood.
      I would start by lighting everything, taking a few deep breaths, and then announcing to (whoever is important to you, God or whoever) that you are welcoming this doll-person into your lfe, and ask for blessings and happiness in your experiences together. At this point I'd be tempted to take a length of ribbon and tie my doll's hand to mine, and ask that our love and souls be bound together in the same way.
      Then, after saying whatever felt right, to the doll, and to the higher power, i would thank the higher power for thier assitance, and "formally" welcome the dollinto life. (breathing life into doll, perhaps)
      Then extinquish candles.
      Basically each person should do what they think would be right, and what they feel is powerful to them.
      Thanks for listening.

7. oh no no =n.n=;; my doll's theme will be something i choose ( i guess that's the upside to a self-served ceremony) but i just had a nice and funny feeling knowing i share the birthday of a doll out there :: dreams away ::

8. I didn't preform the Omukae ceremony for either of my children...but I wish I had. I'd go back and do it now, but it'd feel a little silly, I think. :oops: When I finally decide on Laksha and Lirael, I know I'll definately do it for them(and who knows? I might be in volks and have it done... it's for any Volks doll, isn't it?)

...the only thing that bothers me is when they're in their little flowery box thing... It looks WAY too much like a casket at a wake and they're on display...

I dun think I could handle doing it if it was a sleeping doll. I'd start shouting, "DON'T BURY MY BABY! SHE'S NOT DEAD!!! :cry: " And Volks would throw me out. :oops:

9. I can't help but think that this would be an awesome thing to do at doll meet ups. That is... for those who didn't mind sharing the experience. I'm sure some people would prefer the privacy of their own homes but I for one would love to share the experince with others who truely appreciate it and what it means.

10. Ah! Ah! I was there! I remember you!! :D :D :D I was the short girl with the black and magenta hair who was near the corner of the store. Your boy was so pretty, even though I only got to see him from across the room. ^^;;

Kind of cool... I remember standing there, watching the whole thing, and thinking "I wonder if she's on DoA?" Heehee!

~Kalmia

11. A doll ceremony seems a little... weird to me :oops: But hey, I would probably do it if I had a doll and a "doll priest" was available ;)

12. It's cause you don't have one. :) After you have your sweetie...Normalcy and what is "weird" and isn't kinda flies out the window...

13. You know, probably. LOL. I'm trying to save up for one right now by selling off stuff, so I can only hope I can lose what normalcy I have soon enough ;)

14. Nolan got one, though it was simple. I suppose it is like weddings, ranging from simple to complicated. I just dressed him in the nicest outfit that I got for him and welcomed him home, and blew out a candle, cheesy as it sounds. It made me happy, though. :grin:

15. When did you have the ceremony? March 08, 2005. It was later than he came (he arrived on Feb 25) but I wanted everything to be perfect.

What did you do/say? I propped up his box and put the pillows behind it, draped some fabric over it, used some fake vines and such, and set a single candle in front of him. After dressing him in a robe I made for the ceremony and standing him up, I turned off the lights and lit the candle. After basking in his prettyness, I said simply, "I name you Kaitou. Okaeri.." and blew out the candle.

How did you feel afterwards? Did it make you feel bonded with your doll, make them feel more alive? Yes. Afterwards, I felt like Kaitou was more a part of me, and I felt like he was more alive. I felt a sense of completeness wash over me. It was wonderful ^^

Have you had any negative experiences with Omukae ceremonies? Not yet! I'm waiting on Kage's because I don't want to have his with a borrowed body. Kage's Omukae will come when he gets his own!

Why did you choose to have one? It seemed like a fun idea, and after reading Annie's little summary of Kuja's, I wanted to try it for myself ^^

Have you any pictures to share? Yes! Here they are:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. There's a wonderful article about Aimee doing an Omukae ceremony at Volks (with pictures! And the words they said!) in the August issue of Haute Doll.

17. That is so funky!! XD Were you visiting??? Or are you staying in Japan for a while? (I'm guessing, the former ;_;) I PM'd you too, just for the heck of it %D

18. I was lucky enough to witness an omukae when I was at Tenshi no Sato last November, so when Momiji arrived in February, I decided to organize an omukae for Megumi and him, so Megumi will have to answer the questions.

When did you have the ceremony? March 3, 2005

What did you do/say? Mommy had me repeat some things, but I can't really remember them. :oops:

How did you feel afterwards? Really happy to have Momiji here!

Have you had any negative experiences with Omukae ceremonies? It was hard to blow out the candles.

Why did you choose to have one? Mommy said that it was a good idea and I think that she was right -- I feel closer to Momiji because of it.

Have you any pictures to share? Mommy put some here: Megumi's Omukae for Momiji

19. I've read here that some people perform a Doll Ceremony when their doll arrives. I understand the custom is Asain in origin?
      Can anyone tell me what the ceremony consists of? What exactly is done? It sounds like a lovely idea.

20. It originated from Volks, and the name escapes me at the moment. ^^;;;; Basically, the doll is placed by Volks' attendant into a transparant casket, and the entire store is closed for the event. Lights are dimmed, music is played, and 2 candles are lit. Then the Volks person would come out wearing a robe (kinda like a priest outfit, but those ceremonial ones) and read a scripture that says that _______ (doll's name) have descended from heaven to meet ________ (your name), and so on and so forth... You blow the candle, and a litte bit more speech is said that the breathes of life have been blown into the doll by you, and that may the doll be forever your companion in life. Then the lights are turned on, and then you can take the doll from the casket.

I think that's all.... Did I miss anything? ^^;