1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

One doll is good enough!....or Is it?

Oct 22, 2009

1. At first, when I discovered the hobby, I wanted to have just a couple of dolls, a boy and a girl. I never wanted to have only one because I thought that he/she will feel lonely...
      Well, after two years the "just one couple" multiplied in... 5 or 6 couples, even if off-topic. Now I'm trying to stop impulse buying and the bad habit to adopt dolls just to experimentation and get only two, maybe three MSD, because I want to care and enjoy a lot them, and having too much dolls in my situation, with limited spare time, will surely end in having someone neglected. I don't know if I will honour my purpose...

2. Well, when I started this doll hobby (gosh, it's been so long time), I only wanted one certain doll. And when I got him, I started to look for other.

It was like I knew that I wanted more of them, but that one was like serious business. :'D And now I have many of them and I want more.

I know person who only have one doll and she's fine with it. : >

3. I always knew I'd want more than one or two, I just never guessed how many more... I had fallen in love with a specific doll and I knew I wanted him, and maybe a wife for him, and maybe a daughter, and my wishlist kinda exploded from there... I have the doll I fell in love with, but his character is different and he doesn't have a wife or any kids right now, and the majority of the original dolls on my wishlist aren't there anymore, but I have a closet full of dolls with more on the way... I could never have just settled with one or two. I love them alllll~

4. I was only going to have one, but then I fell hard for little DC Ada..... and my girl Nana wants some male companionship..... and I found a fullset the other day that I can't live without.... Dolls really are like potatoe chips ヽ(;▽;)ノ

5. In the beginning…………………:|

I thought there was no way on earth I could afford an 800.00 doll :eusa_naug and two/three years passed and I bought one close to that in price!! :aeyepop:

I told my loved ones, this was it, only one, then I found every excuse why I needed the next one, be it size or value, :aangel: ……….

Now I'm broke!! :horror:

I have many many many dolls and yet I have another one being delivered this week :thumbup

Good luck to all that think they can have just one!! :abow:

I love this hobby though and I would do it all over again!! :celebrate

6. For me, I originally wanted one boy and one girl, so they can be happy couples.

But since creating my original characters into material form, or my most beloved anime/game/movie character into material form, I realized I wanted more.

So I think it is impossible to have only one. Plus, as a person who takes dolls like living things, I feel like they can end up getting lonely.

7. I never thought that :D. I already have two dolls ordered and it will definetly not stop there :).

8. From the beginning I knew I'd need at least a few so that they can interact properly. My characters are all very distinct so I know I'll prefer a different doll with a different personality for different moods and occassions as my whims take me.

9. I don't even have my first doll and i'm already planning my next 3-6 dolls >.>

10. I think one doll can be enough if you really like the doll and don't feel like you should get more. n_n
      With one doll you have more time and money to start new projects like modding your doll, making doll clothes, making a doll room and furnising it... etc.

11. I originally thought I would only have one doll but that didn't last very long. He just seemed so lonely to me so I bought him a boyfriend, and now my third doll is coming and I have made characters for like, three more dolls. I just couldn't have one doll being such an OC junkie.

12. the opposite happened to me, I always had a huge wishlist and wanted to have lots of dolls but over the years I've been taking most of those dolls off of my wishlist (not having bought more than one)
      I now have my first girl and all my plans for getting her twin or any other doll anytime soon have horribly backfired on me
      so I think it'll be just her for a looooooooooong time

so while I do want to someday buy more dolls part of me feels like the universe is telling me not to, that if I do that my first doll will feel like she isn't a good enough doll and another part of me thinks it's just coincidences and that she needs to have some company eventually