1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

One doll is good enough!....or Is it?

Oct 22, 2009

1. I sometimes wish i was a one doll girl...I started out with wanting 1 SD. Then he needed a girl friend. he would have been well dressed, with a lot of matching wigs and shoes.

And then something somewhere went wrong and i looked in the tinies section... One doll is good enough, but who wants "good enough"?
      A crowd is so much more fun! Even if sometimes they need to spend some time wigless or shoeless.

2. I figured I'd have just one and that'd be it. But then my one needed a friend. And that friend needed a sister. And then I needed a big girl. And maybe a small boy. I'll put the cap on 5....I think my mind would implode with more than that.

3. XDD I guess collections really do multiply like rabbits XD.
      But yes there is always a feeling for me that goes, "One doll is lonely! He must have a friend!"
      Or "This doll's friend needs to have a brother! Must buy!"

And more thoughts of the sort XD.

4. I lasted maybe...a year before buying more dolls? Haha. Now I think my collection's settled at 6 or 7, and will stay roughly around that number. It's very difficult to resist the urge of "New release? Only available for a limited time, well, I need to get on that- wait...no...stop..."

5. BJDs are like potato chips: you cant have just one...
      I've only had mine for about a month but i'm already planning for more. XD

6. I think if not for DoA, a lot of people with one would have stayed with one... I know coming here as affected me as well, and I don't really mean because I'm seeing other molds.... I think seeing so many other people with SEVERAL has made it look like the expected norm to have at least 6. The first time I saw someone with more than 3, I was aghast. To know people have 50+.. well, honestly it still baffles me. But I might never have considered having more than one if I never came here.

I know I will never be one of those people with tons, with the one exception being if I got rich and could do all of my book characters... but then they would sit as art pieces, and not be bjds in the same way Allan is to me now -- one to customize and play with. Once all the characters would have their eyes, hair, and clothes, they would just sit and look pretty and never change, probably. I probably wouldn't even include them on DoA because they would be very personal.

But outside of that one exception, I can't really see myself having more than 5. It gets way too hard to actually pay attention to them all... I think being here, people get into the mindset of "If I like it, I have to have it!" but I don't know when this has ever been normal behavior. It is like all the people who buy soom monthlies... they act as though because they like it, they have absolutely no choice but to be soomed, sometimes it seems against their wills (?!). don't really get it. Just cause you like a doll doesn't mean you have to own it. Having friends with them is interesting enough for me, but I would not like owning so many. I can barely afford clothes or ANYTHING for the one I've got.

7. Love your Avatar X3 The Princess Bride is one of my fave movies ^_^

On the topic i said i will just get one in my head and even before i get my frist i am already looking for my second lol.... so its failed already hahahaha...

By the way loe your lil Sephy Ava his soooo cute and happy in it... did he kill someone or find mother?

8. I've just paid for my first but I've already decided I'd like a second. I think I'm hooked on the appeal of having a 'family' haha. I just have no idea when it's going to end. My mind always works about three months ahead of me (which is why I'm already having ideas for my second when my first is still about a month from arriving) but this thread has made me wonder if I should set a limit? *_*

9. Well lets see I got Coquette (pipos mouse) three days ago. In that short time I have been visiting threads here, looking at (and marveling) over what everyone has and as a result today I got a Bong Elfdoll on lay-a-way! Her smiling face just won me over and I looked till I was crossed eyed at all the other Tiny dolls.

She just won me over and she is around the same size as Coquette which I am really fond of. Considering I have around 60 fashion dolls (1/6 scale) I had to go smaller due to the lack of room space and since I can sew it will be easy to make garments for the smaller ones.

So I guess one isn't going to be enough for me :)

10. Even from the very beginning I never wanted just one. :sweat For starters I knew I wanted at least two. And currently those first two are on the way. I expect I'll stop at around 6-10, mostly because of space issues. I only have so much room and money, no matter how much I'd like to have 30 that's just not a realistic goal for my lifestyle.

Plus, I'm someone who would rather have 4 dolls with 30 outfits each then 30 dolls with 3 outfits each. :lol: I hate them having a lot of shoes though, for some reason. *_* No more than 4 pairs of shoes each.

11. I never thought it would be one, but also going in so blind on how different the molds would be as far as posing, eye size, body types and so on. I never would have believed if someone said; "oh yeah you'll go through about 100 before you figure it all out." WHAT! But it's true I went through so many types, companies and so on, and now I know who I love and who is okay. I have learned a hard lesson, but I will be happy if I can keep it under 10 total for my gang.

12. Oh, one's never quite enough. But I don't want to have too many that I end up not paying much attention to them anymore. For now, five's my limit and I've almost reached it. >< I'll admit that it's sort of difficult to control the urge to purchase another doll. I just love adding to my collection. Plus, I have a fondness for adopting dollies. XD I figure if I can't stop I'll at least try to purchase the tiny sized dolls next. At least, they won't take up so much space in my room. LOL.

13. I think it's always a problem when there's no such thing as a perfect doll.
      You buy one which you think is perfect, and then you see another.. and another.. XDDD
      I got my first girl (who I modded badly and had to replace her head with a completely different mold and company since she was an LE doll, and I couldn't buy a head seperately.. and she's a WS so a new matching colour head wasn't easy to come by 0.0), and then I saw a boy who was GORGEOUS. He's had TONS of faceups, and now he's virtually perfect, and just needs a wig to complete his character.
      Then a friend of mine was selling some of her Tinies and told me if I wanted one, then she'd be happy to sell me it.
      I delayed wanting one for months on end, and then suddenly asked if she still had the one I initially wanted.. she did.. I bought that.. XDDDD
      And she even gave me a free 2nd head! ;_;
      I have my eye on another doll, it'll be my first SD. Oh god, there isn't enough money in the world is there? XD

Currently I own;
      MSD girl; Hybrid of a Dollmore WS girl body and WS Dollzone "Lola" LE head (faceup 1)
      MSD boy; Dollmore kid boy NS "Ciel"
      Tiny girl; Customhouse Bisou Ai "Uu" and spare "Lily" head

..I'm really in love with NotDollLab's Belladonna SD, her lips are so grotesque, I love her! >///<

14. There was always more than one that I liked, but I didn't really think of getting more than one. Maybe two because I wanted a girl and boy.

So ordered my first around...early September? And got her early October. It's now October 22nd, and I've ordered the male head I've wanted, though I wasnt planning on getting him so soon. (Migi Ryu, and I have a certain body I want. Didnt want to risk the resin change). Anyway, I know of at least . . . two others that I'd certainly love to have.

Man, I need to get a second job :sweat I'm sure my parents arent willing to pay for one, and I like saying that I payed for them. More bonding XD

15. When I decided to buy a doll I never planned to have only one. actually I planned to have two boys, minimum. Then I started to think thet two is enough .. really. Then husband told me he would love to have a girl too .. heh ... so it makes plus two more dolls (since we dont want this girl to be alone .. I mean single). Thats what about me.
      I think it differs from person to person. But a can agree on point of addictivness and desire to buy more and more (that if finances let you). Also - the more the merrier :D

16. From what I've seen around here, and among my off-line doll-owning friends... It's very, very hard to stick to that "just one"-thing. Like, something just shy of impossible. :lol:

I swore up and down when I started that I was only going to have Harumatsu. No more, no question about it. Then his Dreaming "spare" head came with a face-up that looked nothing at all like his open-eyed head, and that put an end to that. My "only one" turned into two before I knew what was happening.

From there, it's all down-hill...

17. I was convinced that I only needed one in the beginning. Then I decided I had to have a puki. And once I had a puki, I realized that my first doll wasn't the right sculpt for the character he'd become. So then of course I had to get another. After that, my character started gaining family members in the story..so of course, there had to be another. And then after that, I realized I wanted one of every size.

Yeah, I think people who only have one are amazing. It's so hard to have just one, because there are so many elements to having a doll that kind of call for having multiples. I've got five with one in the wings, and I think that I'm actually starting to hit my limit. I'd like to buy clothes and accessories for the current ones I have, rather than save and pinch every penny for a new one.

18. My baby boy Diesel is two months old and he's waiting for a new friend now D: I think my mother's going to kill me when she knows >.< (around february xD)

19. Lol, I feel a little guilty now, I have...a stupid amount of dolls. :P I dont feel that any are particularily neglected though, I try to take a different one to a meet each time, they kinda are a family to themselves! They currently occupy a cabinet in my bedroom, tbh if I owned my own place I probably would have more if I could afford it!!

I just adore the things, and I feel so bad when someone is selling that I have to "adopt". And I have some ideas I would love to work on, then the heads end up with bodies and...well. I think I may get 50 (?) and stop there...? Well, who knows.

20. Well, I think everyone started with one, and then increase the family as time goes on =)
      I would probably have more than one because you find another doll that attracts you and you also don't want your old one to be alone all the time XD