1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

One doll is good enough!....or Is it?

Oct 22, 2009

1. I couldn't get just one. Instantly I fell in love with three different dolls, and now they are all home with me. One came while I was waiting for the first doll I ordered. I think that's what get's people sometimes too... "It's taking soo long for this limited doll to come home. I think I'll buy this one while I'm waiting..."

That's what got me at least. ^^;

2. For a long while now I only ever wanted one. I had my mind dead set on her (a DOT E-an) and nothing else. Then I found Fairyland. And fell in love with the Dark elf soo head mold. I almost took the funds for my E-an to buy her! So as soon that I buy my e-an I'll be saving up for that fairyland one.
      And I had prommissed my mom that I would only get one .__.

3. I knew I wanted two - a boy and a girl. That was all. They could do photo stories, and I could concentrate on clothes and props. But my girl came, and while I was waiting for her beau to arrive, I saw another boy - perfect for her. And then, the long awaited Lati blue arrived - and he was lonesome. So....a BBB Sprite came home. So. Four was absolutely the max. No question about it. Yup. No more dolls..l
      Then I saw this gorgeous face, and.... Hmmm. The wish list grew again.

4. I must be quite a rarity because I have only one and I am content to have just her. Then again the fact that my wife has five may have something to do with it.

5. Damnit. I did want one. Just ONE. But then it looked so incomplete without its friend in a physical body... So then I got another... Then another character popped up that I wanted to resinify so then I had to resinify HER associates too.

It never ends. :horror:

6. Guiltily puts hand up >.<

"I am only going to get one" was what i thought when i first adopted my Clavis on the Marketplace, but just 9 months now i am waiting on a DoC Hoo, saving for a B&G Eli, and dreaming for another 6 dolls OxO

Dude i need money to fall from the sky because my dream list will cost me about $2-3000 ¬.¬

7. This is exactly what happened to me. I ordered my DOC Yen, then thought it'd be nice for him to have a friend. And I wanted to have a girl-doll, too... and then found my AOD Rao locally.

So I bought my second doll, and now we're both waiting at home for Yen to arrive.

And I'm considering a Puki Cupid.... -__-;

8. >_<

I said that this summer..when I ordered my boy. My words were "I'll get one to see how it goes and then if I like him, I'll get some accessories or parts or another doll next summer (2010)". I reasoned that I would have money by then, would have paid back my parents for money they lent me, and once again cleared my VISA bill. I mean you can't buy a doll when you're in debt....right?

Wrong. :doh

Two weeks ago I fell in love again. Of course, it had to be a time limited super expensive IH doll. So now I'm even further in debt, racked up my VISA bill again, and I'm expecting my Luna Tamer to arrive in December. She's on layaway of course.

My parents are going to kill me when she arrives -_-;.

9. Ehe....I actually started with just vinyls. ^_^; I told myself I liked them better because of the posability and the ease of finding clothes...

...then a Dollzone Hong stole my soul. @_@

And THEN I thought I was only going to buy HIM, until A LeDoll Adonis begged me to buy him instead...and now I have a Yo on the way and 8 other dolls on my 'must have' list. XD Funny how things work that way....and even with that I still want more vinyls.

10. I am still keeping my promise of only having one. I thought about getting another one, but then I felt that my baby would be less loved, so I changed my mind again.

11. I used to think I would only get one doll, but as soon as Emily got here I feel that she's begging for a friend. None of the dolls I have are her size, she's rather lonely. I plan on buying her an Iplehouse friend, or maybe a boyfriend if I finally find a sculpt I like.

12. XD, and yes my Sephie picture? I dunno what he's doing, XD

Lol for me I managed to stop my raging Dollie Fever by mentally BANNING myself from DOA and other sites....then all of a sudden I was curious on updates, the moment I got on DOD I was like, "NUUUU MY DREAM DOLL DUCAN! MUST HAVE!" XDD

At first I had the feel of. "Nuuuu my wub for him will decrease!" then as if by a sudden urge, I HAD to get a Limited Tender Elf Sha XD

13. I was always sure I'd never get more than one. I don't really see a point in just having on if you're trying to create animated movies with them.
      Since I first made the order a year before I finally got them, hoping I'd get Vee for my 19th birthday, and since my dad and I didn't like waiting any longer since the individuals parts for constructing a T.Too were out of stock, we just made the order for a Too/Bee-A set and that was it. And I got Mud to make up for it.
      Problem is, I got my dolls, btu now I can't fing the pants and goggles I got the first time I ordered. And now Vee is just lying naked in a box with a half-painted decapitated head while I get enough free time from college work to make him a complete outfit.
      Mud's fine at the moment with her cut up sock clothes and hat. But Vee's the main project.

14. I'm not sure, I wanted only one doll...
      so I could "pour all my love in her" like you stated :sweat
      but now.. I'm not that sure.

I still don't want another doll, but now it doesn't look so impossible as it was not long ago. Maybe in the future, hm

15. I think, once i get one doll, and i don't have a job still by then, i'll be okay with just one.

BUT...if i DO get a job...and i have my own money, which i really have no use for right now other then clothing i'd want...my collection would probably grow, and if not then i'll just buy my doll a bunch of stuff.

Also, NosKryme, i also had to ban myself from here a while back...because of the wanting of a doll soso bad..o_o But now i'm back..because of curiosity,,and now i want a doll, again!

16. I wanted "just two" but when I bought my two, I found I had saved too much! I had enough left over for an MSD....and it was all downhill from there. :XD:

Lately, I've been envying people with only one doll. There's so much more space available, you don't have to have wardrobes for each one, you don't need different sized eyes/wigs/accessories, it's much easier to pose just one doll for pictures, etc. I'm not planning to sell mine and I can't imagine going back to just one, though. :)

17. I honestly figured I'd only have two.. my tiny I bought to tide me over till I could buy my MSD, but the more I look at my little Izzie I keep thinking that she needs a friend.. and then I love the LTF's so I'm planning on one of them now ....>.> The list grows!

18. A lot of people start off thinking one is enough. Then they start reading the news section or look at the size sub forums and realize there's a whole unexplored dolly world awaiting them. Can't go back after that :lol:

19. I was only planning one. My roommate was going to get one as well, and that way they could do photostories and whatnot together. But, as the fates would have it, hers is much more realistic a mold than mine, and so they didn't match. So I'm getting my girl a boyfriend. That's two. SDs are too big and too expensive right now (although I do have a couple favorites), so they are off my list, and I don't need any more minis.

Anthros don't count, right? :lol:

20. I said when I got my first doll I could never really see myself owning more than about five, because that would be way too many for me.

I ordered my first doll in November 2006 and finally got him all finished February 2007. I now have thirty-seven dolls and number thirty-eight is on layaway.