1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

One doll is good enough!....or Is it?

Oct 22, 2009

1. Richila, you are so right. When I went into this hobby I told myself I would only buy one. I actually almost convinced myself of it. But the more I get into it & discover more beautiful dolls, the list of I want grows. I have one for me, and I bought my daughter a Dollmore Suntan MoMo for Christmas. So now there will be two. And I sure that three, four (and if I had more money 10,14) will be on their way too.

2. I actually wanted as many as I could get my little hands on. :sweat
      However, with the cost of them (And all of them so far being gifts) I assumed that I'd only actually ever have one...maybe two. And of course...now I have four full dolls and a head sitting in my room. I'm saving up for one doll and my wish list is constantly growing by the day. :doh
      Which leads me to a conversation that I had with my Mom about drugs. I assured her that I could never do drugs because I'd never have money to buy any dolls. I barely have money to start with..and then BJDs cost more than Cocaine. I couldn't do both :lol:

3. Well... I never trought i'd only get one doll. But i know some owners that decided to own only one doll, and devote their time to that doll only :)
      I personally like dolly interaction and seeing different molds/sizes, so i never considered only owning one XD

4. I basically know myself and my intentions well enough that when I bought my first doll, I knew she wasn't going to be the only one. I want to make my original characters as well as have dolls to interact and do different styles with etc. For sure I'd like and SD boy along with my girl, and atleast one MSD. I expect I'll end up with around 5, maybe a few more. But over a period of time.

5. I started out with one in early 2003 and almost seven years later have ten and three floating heads. I actually acquired most of them this year though because I've gotten back into the hobby.

6. I don't even have a doll yet, but I already know I want more than one eventually. :lol:

7. I dont have a doll yet either...I don't want to say that I will stop at one...but I do want a Elf Ducan.....so whenever I get my hands on him...then I will stop...maybe..I dunno yet...>.>

8. I have a baaad habit of collecting things, so I knew 1 would never be enough going into this. I don't try to fool myself into thinking so; I have several different collections of things (horses, action figures, My Little Ponies) that all in the 100's. That many dolls? Awesome! Let me just go rob some banks 1st :D. I'm sure I'll settle on a number at some point... I think >_>...

9. Haaaa...I'm waiting for my first still, but he will eventually have a partner. I don't think I could ever have just Fawn, even though he's so special to me already. ^_^ Dolly personalities are like us in ways, ya know? They seem lonely by themselves. They gotta have a friend/bf/gf etc. At least!

10. Hahah I know what you mean! My mom said I must have been a mudpie in my past life, because I can't let go of ANYthing. XD That's why choosing my first doll (or anything for that matter) was a hard decision, because like everything else I own--animals or things otherwise--will be with me for life. ^__^

11. That's what I think! :lol: The girl I'm considering as my first already has her best friend picked out.:sweat

12. I knew from the beginning that I was going to have at least 3.
      One anthro and 2 SD or bigger. Knew that because I just kept falling in love with sculpts and couldn't stop adding to my want list.:sweat
      Now I've settled on 2 other dolls (to save for) and contumplating another... my wallet weeps everytime I go on SOOM's website.

13. That was EXACTLY what I thought. And then I said, "Okay, well, only one boy and one girl then..." And then... "I want ONE I can do my OWN face up on", and then it was, "ONLY MSDS!" And now I am preparing for two SDs I want to get. :/ Addiction. It is serious business.

14. I always knew I'd have more than one, but I thought it'd be at least a year before I got my second. I've had my first for nearly 2 months and I'm already waiting for 2 more. XD I told myself no more than 4 or 5, so I'm getting pretty close to my 'limit'. I plan on getting an SD girl and probably an MSD girl (since all I have to account for now will be 2 tinies and a 70cm boy), so I think I can be good and have no more than 5 for the next few years at least... though by March I may have 4 at home already... I'm so sucked in, but I love it. :) I just hope I can hold true to not going over my 5 doll limit in one year! o_o

15. I guess my problem is I never thought to put a limit on the quanitity of dolls I want to own BUT as I have 2 young kids there isn't a lot of room or money for SDs at the moment SO for the time being we'll say a max of 2 SDs...maybe 4, are possible for the next 10 years... even then hubby might have an issue. MSDs, YoSDs and tiny tinies fit on shelves and display cases without "getting in the way" ...and fit more into my budget at the moment. As I don't currently have any SDs it means I have to be REALLY careful in choosing my purchases in that department, so it's good that $$ is holding me back for now.

16. I started out knowing that, if I was going to get one, I would want more. So, I used the excuse of "saving on shipping" and ordered two MSDs from Bobobie when my sister was ordering her first one too. Now my excuse has become void because Bobobie is taking it's sweet time sending the girls to Denver Doll Emporium, and it will take even longer for my boy. :'( They were supposed to all arrive this month, and I even have costumes for them for Halloween! Guess I will have to save them...
      Where was I?
      Oh! Yes, I am planning on getting at least two more dolls. I know I want to get a Pipos cat, and I am currently longing for a BlueBlood Doll. I think I will get one come summer as a celebratory gift for getting my transfer degree, then I just need to come up with another excuse for the other. It would also be fun to at least get a head that I could experiment on with face-ups.

17. In my experience, dolls have followed in the footsteps of tattoos and potato chips.
      One is nice. Two is twice as nice. Three...well, you get it ^^

18. I started off with the idea of 2 since I got in on a free head event AoD was doing in 2008. But that was going to be Moswen (the full doll) and when I had the money for the body for the head, that was going to be Kijika, Moswen's lover.

*snorts* Yeah. Right.

Kijika refused to take over the free head, so I had to find another doll for him. The free head was instead perfectly claimed by their son, Jaiseki (once I stopped trying to force it to be who it wasn't). So I was at 3 and thought that was it. *rolls eyes*

A friend directed me to a picture of BBB/RS's Jun and I knew I had to have him because he was obvious Jolen. Well, of course, Jolen needed his lover, Kys, and I stumbled upon the perfect doll to be Kys. During this time, I got the chance to snap up the perfect doll to be Haniel at a great price.

*sigh*

Jolen is hopefully going to be an Xmas type purchase. Sarojin (Jaiseki's lover) might end up an Easter gift to myself. Ryzel and Quinlin (Haniel's parents) will be whenever the heck I can save up for them. The jury is still out on purchasing Xinda, Chane, Tyhlian and Dakvir.

Just 2 dolls. Uh huh. Suuuure. I have 5 and may be looking at 13. My wallet is doomed.

19. In my opinion, they're like tattoos, you can't get just one.

I've only got one doll right now, but have my eye on a couple others, kinda like my tattoos, I have 3 and am working on designing number 4.

20. I knew from the moment I saw my first BJD that i would have a whole lot of them. I love them so much that words cannot describe it. I only have 5 right now with 2 on layaway... but there will be plenty more over time.