1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

One doll is good enough!....or Is it?

Oct 22, 2009

1. I suspect your mum is right ( i hope not though !) ... i have only recently bought one and i wouldnt mind spending any extra money i have on spoiling her with clothing and toys etc ..*L*

2. For now I have only one doll, and for now it'll stay that way, because I don't have the money for another one yet :sweat From what I've seen of forums and from what I've heard from other people it hardly ever stays at just one.
      So instead of thinking "I'll just have one" for me it's "I have just one -for now-". I have already fallen in love with some other sculpts and would love to bring them into my house :) Though I first need to save some money, and decide which one will be next.
      Only time will tell how many dolls I'll end up owning :sweat

3. Well, at least buying BJD's keeps us from buying OTHER freakishly expensive things that are far less legal.
      BJDs=My anti-drug!

4. That was my exact thought. I kept telling myself I'll only get one because they're so expensive, but I just ordered my second doll last week...and I'm already saving up for a third.

5. I always said that my Dollzone Shoyo-3, Anya, would be enough for me. And for nearly a year, she was my only doll, and life was good.

I now suddenly have Anya, a Dollzone Hid, two floating heads and a Customhouse Yeondu on the way.

...Where did my life go crazy?!

6. I think I would end up having more than one since I want them to be a family. So i have to buy mother, father and then eldest daughter, eldest son, middle daugther, then the twins (1 girl, 1 boy). Then I have the idea, "hey, why don't i buy the children their partners?". Really, I haven't decided yet who to buy first but I already have a long list going on. XD There's only one thing that I have that has only one count to it and that is my cellphone. :3

7. they needs friends! :D we can't have our babies be lonely now can we? XD I think I'll set the cap at 15 or 20 but I'm 14 and already have two 8D so maybe I'll get a lot by the time I'm older XD

8. I only have two with one coming on the way and I'm trying to sell one of my original two so I'll be left with....two. I have no plans to get another but I couldn't promise that that wouldn't change. Can't ever see having more than 4 or 5 only because of the expense.

9. lol. I knew I couldn't have just one XD
      A month or two after my first I knew I had to get Faust a girlfriend lol. Its been about a year so far and I have 5 resin dollehs and a few smaller OT dolls.

I have 1 more MSD in mind and that will probably be all I get ... for awhile XD Not because I don't want anymore (I'd love more SD sized dolls @@) but I barely have any room left x.x

To me it seems impossible to have just one x.x lol

10. I was never under the impression that one would be enough. From the beginning I knew my dolls would need friends and lovers. I've only got one at home right now, but I have two more on the way. :)

11. I had one doll for the longest time. He is an SD13 Syo. I just couldnt afford any more and just enjoyed my one precious boy. Now things are different and I got a few more. I think it is possible to enjoy and own only one doll. ~Gus

12. I was going to have just 1..... that was 4 dolls ago and I'm planing my next baby right as we speak >.>

13. I had one MSD girl who I thought would be my one and only (considering the price of BJD) and I now have six assorted sizes! I got my first girl in August this year! I'm slowing down now. My problem was that I couldn't stand waiting for my dolls to come home and I would pass the time searching online for new dolls! I love all of them though and have only had trouble bonding with one, who I am going to probably sell.

14. at the moment i have blythe dolls which were my first collection ..I now have a bjd ... she is a pukipuki and i dont have a desire to buy more of them ...shes great fun and i feel complete with her .

15. At first, I vow to have only one doll, one and only one. Because lets face it, BJDs are expensive and it takes effort to save up that amount of cash to afford more than one, and to have extra change to buy clothes and accessories for them.

But as time goes by, I realised my doll needs a partner, just someone he could take pictures together with... so just recently I ordered my second doll, and is currently waiting for her to be made, shipped and flown here.

Aaaaand before I knew it, I'm saving up for a third doll... and its only been nearly 4 months since I've gotten my first BJD *sigh* my credit card wont have some rest for a while it seems.

16. I just got my first doll in the mail today, and I will be perfectly happy with her and only her.
      That is, until my second doll gets here. He was delayed in shipping. ^_^
      At least it gives me some time to spoil my girl a bit before he gets here!

17. Yes, but that's the problem! How can you love all of them? I feel that each time I buy a new one I must neglect the other ones and that troubles me a lot. I can not feel attached and expand all the possibilities I have to try with that special one and then comes a new addiction and so on... Isn't that furstrating to you? All these new desires that do not permit to have a real pleasure with just one or two but you have to seek all of the time for new loves?
      These are my questions and dilemas and I would love to hear your views.

18. I could never have just one - I thought I could (ha ha) - but, I went on a crazy buying spree and I have 3 coming!

19. I thought two will be good, but I can't keep more than one -__-'

20. It's not that hard to give them all love. Their kind of like cats or children. You devote all your love to the first one you get, and you can't see how you could possibly love another nearly as much. Then when you get the new one, it seems like instead of your heart not having enough space for it, your heart grows.