1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

One outfit or more?

Mar 1, 2018

1. I haven't had my dolls for long, but they all have more than one outfit already. I like sewing and making stuff for them, so all the more reason. The ability to change the clothes, hair, make-up and over-all look of the dolls is what drew me to them in the first place. If I wanted a static look I would just save myself some $$ and buy figures instead.

2. I like to have as many as possible!

I get bored with outfits and like to switch things up. Most of my dolls have at least one outfit presently except one because I suuuuuck at dressing males.

3. I think the more the better - but it just depends on a person. I like sewing, DIY and fashion is general, so I love to change outfits for my dolls. I think the outfits/style also shows their personalities. Currently I don't have my sewing machine, as I live abroad, so it is so hard for me not be able to do lots of outfits.

4. Millions of outfits, millions.
      I loveee hand sewing so my poor doll children don't stay in one dress for more than 5 minutes before I'm sewing the next one. I love having the variety and sometimes a new outfit can just add a little bit more excitement into the hobby for me, without forking out on another new doll :lol:

5. I would love to have more than one per doll but for me quality is over quantity. I would rather spend a lot for an outfit I adore and just have one for a while instead of buying lots that a somewhat a compromise

6. The more outfits/clothes the better! I love all the different options out there! Once I find my dolls style I buy as much as I can! :XD:

7. Half of my dolls don't have any clothes yet because I'm bad at shopping for them apparently, but two of my girls are small enough to fit Barbie clothes and I have to stop myself from buying more any time I'm in a toy section. I'd love to have at least 3 outfits for each doll though. Not a ton but enough to be able to switch it out and spice it up a little

8. The clothes I bought for my dolls are probably almost as expensive if not more expensive than all my 3 dolls combined.... that's how much clothes i've hoarded for them XDDDD it's really bad because most of time, they're not wearing any clothes and stored in the boxes XD but when i want to play with them, i have a lot of items to play with lol.

9. I dont buy clothes i hand sew everything, and i really think about the character and try to plan the perfect outfit. Years ago when i just had 1 or 2 dolls they had lots of clothes. Now that my collection is bigger i try to focus on making 1 really perfect outfit for each with a few extra things like jakets and hats that can change the look.

10. Usually just one outfit per doll. I do have a small stash of casual clothes that almost all of mine can share if I feel like switching it up a bit.

11. I wholeheartedly echo this sentiment!:D

12. I currently have about half an outfit for the gents (some miss pants and some miss shirts, should get to working on it lol), and I'm opting to make one, maybe two, full outfits for each.

For ladies I have been making or buying two outfits minimum per lady; I sew a bit myself and love skirts, so it explains the life of luxury my ladies have. Anyhow, I try to make it so that every lady has their "ladylike" outfit (high heels, long pretty skirt, ruffled shirt, possibly corsets/hats) and then their gunslinger outfits, which include boots, pants, gun belts/holsters and some less ladylike shirts, and cowboy hats. If any of y'all have played rdr2, I have taken much inspiration from it. I plan on making an outfit inspired by Black Belle next, and to make it look less "upper class" roll it in some dirt for a bit, since folks back in those days really didn't bathe often.

13. I love having lots of clothes for my girl, Really need to work on my sewing skills though so I can sew more for her awkward size :)

14. Dress-up has always been my favourite part of dolls, so my doll has lots of outfits.

15. Ideally I'd like each doll to have at least two outfits, as changing clothes is a big part of the fun of having dolls, but in practice it's worked out kind of inconsistently. Some still have only one outfit, while one (my extremely spoiled Aramy) already has four! :XD: Doesn't help that the clothes I like tend to be expensive, so I don't have as many as I like yet. One day, though...I hope to build up an impressive collection of suits.

16. I have waaaay too many doll clothes and I only have 1 doll currently :lol:
      I can't help it, I can't just have one outfit for my dolls, I love playing dress up with them since I don't do it for myself!

17. there's noooo way i could have one outfit for each doll ahaha... i like keeping their photos interesting and they're all characters to me so it doesn't feel realistic they'd only have one set of clothes. On the other hand i adore playing by changing their clothes, so they are very important to me!

18. I guess it depends on the doll, I've got one with few outfits and it's ok, and another one for which I want plenty of clothes. I don't know exactly why. But one thing's sure, I love to play with them and change their clothes, to me it's a big part of the hobby.

19. Some of my dolls have loads of clothes! Other dolls, not so much. Some dolls I just enjoy their fashion sense more I guess haha

20. I like to dress my dolls, so they have several outfits. I always purchase a "coming home" ensemble for them. Picking "just the right" items gives me something to do while I am waiting.
      I purchase seasonal clothing for my dolls so that whenever I am photographing them, they have appropriate clothing to wear. Once a have a small wardrobe assembled, I rarely buy new items. And you know, my dolls never complain about that.