1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

One outfit or more?

Mar 1, 2018

1. The more the merrier! Having a ton of clothes and changing your doll all the times is probably the part of this hobby I look forward to the most :love
      I feel like it's so relaxing and stress relieving ^-^

2. i have a lot of outfits because i like change her clothes and i sew a lot ...

3. more! Dressing my dolls and making new outfits for them is my favorite, and is part of why I have them in the first place

4. I love changing clothes for doll, and I prefer to change clothes more than wig or eyes. But some outfits are only worn by specific doll.

5. I love changing the outfits of my dolls so the more clothes, the better :love

6. I love sewing for my dolls, so they have amassed quite a lot of outfits between them. I think being able to create things for my dolls helps to bond with them and enjoy them.

7. Sewing for my dolls is one of my absolute favorite things to do with them, so they have a lot of clothes. And they will end up with many more...I have a list of things I want to make for each of my dolls, with a folder of inspiration pictures from various fashion magazines/etc for each doll's style/aesthetic. Playing miniature fashion designer is kinda my thing :)

8. It definitely depends on the doll for me! My dolls that are standard sizes have TONS of clothes. I love changing it up. But I have one doll who is hard enough to find even one outfit for. Once he gets it, that's it! Haha.

9. I bought many outfits and I may buy more in the future.
      Curious about how big bust girl dress up.
      It's interesting that match various outfits made by different maker.

10. I love changing my doll's clothes, I do it almost every day lol. But I can definitely see having one very special outfit that a doll always wears.

11. I like sewing clothes for some of my dolls, even though I suck at it big time! DX
      When I first discovered BJD and got my first hybrid girl, I used to sew for her at least once a week.
      Then when I got my first full resin male doll, I also used to sew for him on a weekly basis. I don't
      know how I managed to do so back then, I was still in college and had a job and wasn't living at home
      (which meant doing all the chores by myself)!

Now days, my dolls are lucky if they get a single piece of clothing item once every two years. ^ ^;;
      I have OT dolls that keep one outfit for years, as well as the full-set action figures I collect but
      I enjoy making clothes for the dolls I customize, so I try to make at least a few pieces of clothing
      as often as I'm not being lazy possible.

12. I definitely like having multiple outfits available, as long as they all match a doll's "style", especially to match the outside weather! Unfortunately, I can't sew (or more accurately, I don't have a sewing machine or any patience for hand sewing), so buying multiple pieces gets expensive.

I'm getting a new doll soon, and my plan is to splurge a bit and buy a bunch of pieces I can mix and match - a dress, two jackets/sweaters, a plain tee, some leggings/jeggings, a skirt, and shorts. I can knit and craft decently, so I figure I'll knit her some more tops and accessories to add variety.

13. I only have one outfit as of right now. Only reason I'm not gorging on clothes and outfits is because of the slim selection for msd boys ^^' other than that I'd love to have more clothes because dressing them up is really fun.

14. MORE of course, one outfit all the time would just be boring ahaha.

15. My girl has multiple outfits and tends to steal clothes from my boy as well. My boy has two outfits, but neither fit his "character" anymore... so he doesn't change his outfit much.

16. My dolls have only one outfit but I would like to have more.
      The problem is that I sew myself and I don't have time.
      Sometimes, when I get a new doll, it waits naked 2 or 3 months before I have time to sew an outfit.

17. I like sewing for my dolls, so I want them to have lots of clothes. They have some clothes that are shared, and some that belong to a specific doll. Though sometimes one of them will be wearing the same outfit for months because that's the only thing I've made them.

18. I got the first doll many outfits - always want her to change, to try something new. Now waiting for another beauty and perelazit a bunch of sites and the clothing understand that it is not suitable, here not lies eyes....I'll wait for her arrival. Maybe I'll see what she wants. But definitely not one dress.I got the first doll many outfits - always want her to change, to try something new. Now waiting for another beauty and perelazit a bunch of sites and the clothing understand that it is not suitable, here not lies eyes....I'll wait for her arrival. Maybe I'll see what she wants. But definitely not one dress:3nodding::3nodding:

19. I have more than one outfit for all of my dolls.

20. I just recently got my first bjd and I already have 5 outfits for her! It's nice to have the variety and be able to change things up for her. And I don't think I will stop there either, too many cute things to wear and all. :)