1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

One outfit or more?

Mar 1, 2018

1. I thought all my dolls would have one finished look and one finished outfit for each doll. But now they have a LOT of clothes! I don't understand how they do it:lol:

2. more more more! i love playing dress up and sharing my clothes with other dolls~

3. More clothes. Each doll (well, pet dolls don't) has default clothes I originally designed for the character, then I make other clothes which fit their particular style -- sigh:sweatthese are mostly in varied states of unfinished. I work too slowly, have many unfinished projects, too many hobbies and life happens only all the time.:(

4. MOAR!!!! I love dressing and undressing my dolls in different styles depending on the weather and my mood.

5. Each of my dolls has a set of basically pj's for them to just sit around in. I'm very slowly collecting and making other clothes, and intend for them to have wardrobes eventually.

6. Lots of outfits and separates, so that they can be dressed according to the season/weather/my mood/etc.

7. At the moment most of my dolls have a shared wardrobe situation going on where they all swap outfits with each other. My feeple60s do not have too many clothes that fit them so they have around one and a half outfits each that get swapped and switched. My minifees have more clothes then they know what to do with but they also share. Most of my dolls have a similar esthetic. At the moment I have four dolls who have there own style and they all have around one outfit that is only meant for them. I used to have a surplus of clothing a long time ago but then I started buying dolls faster then I was buying clothes for them. Now my dolls have close to one outfit each.

8. Krina has a couple of dresses because she was my only BJD for years, but they're not very good and I want to make her at least one better one. Zara only has her combinations and petticoat for now, unfortunately. The problem is, I make all my doll clothes, and they tend to end up at the bottom of the priority list because my own outfits for historical events are more time-sensitive. And a standard mini and a Soom Rosette can't exactly share. At least they get high-quality fabrics, since I make their dresses out of scraps from my own?

9. I'm constantly shopping for new clothes and wigs for my doll (or looking for ideas). I like to switch it up. Maybe one day I'll find a 'perfect look' and stop but I doubt it.

10. ALL OF THE OUTFITS! ALL OF THE TIME!

Seriously though, I love treating my doll like those old-school Barbie dolls where you had one doll, and a doll-sized closet with 100x the clothes your human self actually owns.

11. I plan an extensive wardrobe for my dolls. One already has more than one suit, for another it is still necessary to do. Since I don’t have all the dolls bought yet, everything will be gradually replenished and supplemented. I also plan to make it so that some things can be changed between them.
      I also realized that I do not like it when a doll has only one suit, it’s boring and doesn’t look very good in photos.

12. Right now, my two just have one outfit a piece. But thats more due to the fact I make my dolls clothes and I've only had then a few months. But I due tend towards a default outfit for my crew. Usually it's just accessories that get swaped out

13. I love to have the possibility to change the outfit from working to free time clothes to make photoshoots.
      But I need way more clothes for my main Characters xD

14. I like one default outfit/look for each doll. I don't really like messing with them much or changing their clothes.

15. I have several different styles for my girls and boys. I change them often. They even change out between them even between the boys and girls. One of my boys right now is in one of my girls outfit. He is having a cross dressing day. I was reading a manga with a cross dressing character and he wanted to try it. Lol

16. I try to find at least a couple of different looks for each doll to change them when I want it. It seems a bit boring to me when a doll stays in the same outfit for long. But I don't usually mix their clothes, each boy has his own style and colors.

17. Oh, honey. Oh, sweetie.

I make my own doll's clothes. At last count Chaeri had three dresses, four skirts, five pairs of pants, 17 tops (eight sweaters, six t-shirts, three blouses) an assortment of tights/stockings/underwear, and a dozen or so pairs of shoes (two of them purchased, the rest made by me). Also half a dozen wigs I made. And I'm probably forgetting something because I'm listing all this off the top of my head.

Yeah. Riri's spoiled. It's a good thing I make doll clothes because otherwise I couldn't afford her.

18. Ideally, I would probably only have one outfit, but because I'm bad at visualizing whether I'll like something or not before it's here and on the doll, they'll probably have multiple :XD:

19. I only have a few outfits for my dolls, but I love the idea of having multiple options for them to wear!

20. I have really gotten in to sewing clothes for my dolls. In the beginning I was appalled at how much I was spending on patterns, but it tuns out that they are a great learning tool (look on Etsy) - and a lot of learning goes into these clothes. The trend, however, is to spoil the size doll I have patterns for. The smaller (tinies) get short changed! My favorite part is going into a fabric store and planning an entire outfit from fat quarters!!