1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Only allowing yourself to buy "cheaper" dolls?

Sep 30, 2007

1. ...being poor really drags. I own two 'cheaper' YO-SD's... and I don't want to spend the money on SD's yet, let alone more 'expensive' S-D's... there are other reasons for that too, but I do really love my YOSD's. I'm so cheap and broke I'm not able to bring myself to purchase one that I really want at the moment... There are actually three to be honest XD but the one I'm thinking of most is about 400 because I want her full-set and to come with a face-up since I'm learning how to do face-ups well as it is... Three dolls, let alone her having a sleeping faceplate would have me turning back into a shut in... all I would be doing is painting all the time, trying to get it right. but $400 is a big sum to drop for me atm..

2. I don't think anybody would buy dolls that were 'just so-so' just because they were affordable. I think for most people the choice would be 5 dolls that you really like a lot, and one doll that is 'perfection'. But I totally understand that some people would in that case prefer to one the one perfect doll rather than five 'not quite what I wanted' dolls.

For me, there are certain dolls that I love to look at, and then there are dolls that I would love to own. The dolls that I want to own are dolls that look like I could have fun doing a face-up for them, or making them clothes. They inspire me to make something funny.
      The dolls that I want to look at are the kind that I would buy, preferably full-set, just to put in a glass cabinet and admire.
      I think $600 (and more) is too much money for something I just want to 'look at'. I'd rather spend $600 on two or three less expensive dolls that I can let my creativity loose on.

3. I know the feeling.

I have to level out my expenditure on dolls due to my wedding that's coming up and I need all the money I can put towards it. Although my fiance has as much said that I can treat myself but suggests that I only buy the cheaper dolls if I am being impatient about getting one (which is almost ALL the time haha) or if I can wait he allows me to save up over a period of time. So I'm glad I'm marrying a man who is not going to stop me from my hobby :) (in fact he encourages it)

And I am not ashamed to say that I buy Hujoo's. I find their cute and affordable. My tiniest being a hujoo Suve.... she is too cute for words.

I remember it took me 4 months nearly to save up for my DZ Megi-3. 3 torturous months. (I'm the type that needs to buy something at least once a month or so or I go into withdrawals)

I want that SOOM Ender doll... and I was so depressed to find that I could no longer get it brand new.

4. Time for this thread to close as it's over the 1,000 post limit for Discussion.
      Please continue in: [thread=560413]Only allowing yourself to buy "cheaper" dolls Part II[/thread]