1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ONLY buying Male & ONLY buying Female Dolls

Jun 9, 2010

1. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?
      I started with a MSD female and i love female doll [sculpt/body] since its easier for me to make clothes for them. So far i have four girls and one only boy. I am aiming for a DOD Lahoo though . . .

If you do, would you consider ever buying the opposite gender of doll?
      Im looking toward saving money this year to buy DOD Lahoo next year >__<

Does the sex of a doll make them more appealing to you?
      I think so . . .

Would you ever buy a head of the opposite sex to use on the doll (maybe because it looks like the opposite gender)?
      I dont really like buying a head alone. Though i got an BB Ariel head just to learn to do face up.

2. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?
      Yes, I only buy female dolls. Because I couldn't find a male doll perfect for me(probably I'm very demanding?¿).In addition,I love fashion,so I love buy clothes of every styles for my girls!!

Yes,I'll buy one when I find a male doll and style I like too much.

Yes,because of I mentioned before.

Would you ever buy a head of the opposite sex to use on the doll (maybe because it looks like the opposite gender)?
      I don`t like to buy head only.At this moment I prefer buy complete dolls.

3. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?
      Yes, I prefer female dolls by far, and have interests in purchasing only three male dolls, (one Senior Delf and two Kid Delfs), but only because they all wove themselves deeply in to my doll tales. However, those dolls are all secondary purchases, and there are way more female dolls that I find far more fascinating and am way more interestsed in purchasing.

Perhaps, if male dolls can somehow be woven so intricately in to my Dolly-World that they cannot posssibly be removed. Other than that, no.

Yes. I am attracted to females (humans, dolls, et cetera), and have no feelings whatsoever for human males, and very few feelings for male dolls, because females are so much more beautiful to me, and have much more personality and character. '3' I also love the female body-shape, too. XD Yummeh.

Well, it really depends on the face-sculpt. I am currently interested in purchasing the head of a Luts Kid Delf boy Buzzi and transferring that head on to a girl's body, but that's about it. I must say, though, I really don't care for female heads that have been placed on male bodies; to me, they just look so... awkward and out-of-place. :S

I hope I didn't come off as sounding like some biased male-hater or anything, because I'm not. It's just that my lesbianism also affects my interest in dolls.

4. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?
      I only buy girl dolls. I’ve tried out boy dolls twice but it just doesn’t work. I have no idea what to DO with them. I just can’t relate. Aesthetically, the boy dolls in this hobby tend to be very feminine and I prefer the masculine style in boys, but those tend to be realistic and they look rather strange next to my frilly big-eyed melon head girls (which I prefer over realistic girls). It just doesn’t work, haha. Maybe I’ll try it again later on.

I might, but not anytime soon as I’d rather spend my doll money on the girls I own right now.

Usually, but it’s mostly in the clothing style. I LOVE the frilly dresses, lace, and fancy jewelry. I have seen amazing male dolls which I have fallen for, however, I just don’t want to buy them.

I tried this once with one of my older boys, and it just didn’t fit so I cast that idea aside. Haha. I might do it again if I am in love with the head and it looks feminine enough to me.

5. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?
      Yes. I buy boy dolls. I don't really know why though. I mean I find boys to be a lot cuter than girls.
      I tend to find boys more interesting than girls too. I always had girl dolls from little baby dolls to Barbie.
      So I got pretty sick of them at a young age. I also like the male body better than the female when it comes to dolls.

I've seen a few girls I like but, I put them at the end of the list.

Yeah. I love the male body on dolls (more youthful molds though.) I prefer male over female in a lot of things I do and collect.
      From drawing, painting, writing, to bjds, and figure collecting.

Eh, probably I've seen a few head molds that have looked way too manly for a girl.

6. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?

- Yup. I don't even look at male sculpts because I have zero interest in male fashion and I find that most male sculpts are either unappealing or far closer to uncanny valley than female ones for some reason. Most of my characters in my stories are female too.

- I did once only because the head sculpt and associated faceups were shockingly attractive. But once I started researching bodies and clothes and all the other stuff I got turned off the idea.

- More or less. It determines if I'll even take the time to examine them in more detail.

- I did consider TF Jerome male head for a female body for a long time. The only reason I never did was because the body sculpts of TF never appealed to me enough to actually commit to buying.

7. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?
      Currently I'm only into girls. I guess it's bcus it gives me a headache trying to decide what to put guy dolls in. anyway, girls can be dressed up more and i can put her in more clothes ^^

I may buy 1 guy doll in the end IF i see a chracter in him.

ermm .. no .

haha am curently considering buying a napidoll lucifer to put on a girl body. maybe i'll have her in short hair so she'll look like a guy ;P

8. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?
      I only have male dolls (well, I have one and one should come at the end of the month ^_-). Why ? Hm, hard to say. I usually find male molds more interesting than female. So far, I saw only one or two female dolls, which I would like to have, but I have endless wishlist of males I would gladly welcome in my collection.
      Yes. When I will have all male dolls I would like to have, then I will buy above mentioned female dolls. Or, if I find female mold, that I would really love from the first sight.
      I don't think so. It's more about the look.
      Probably yes.

9. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?
      I have only bought one doll and hes a guy but i only seem to like male dolls, i don't hate female dolls they just don't attract me i'm not sure why though
      I might consider buying a female doll since it's essential as one of my original characters but i think it's going to be difficult with so many beautiful boys out there
      I think the sex is more appealing to me i have always liked male animals aswell but sometimes it's just that i can't find a female mold that i like but i do like the zaoll luv dolls quite a bit
      Hmmm... i'm not sure if i would buy a female head and make it male because it might be diffuicult to match and most of the time it's quite obvious they are female if it would look nice as a male though i probably would

10. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?

Kind of. I only have one girl in my group of men; the reason kind of explains the rest of the questions.

Aesthetically speaking, I prefer skinny males and curvaceous women. Big thighs/hands/feet, curvy hips, etc. There aren't a lot of girl dolls out there that go along with what I love in women and there's a ton of skinny males that are dolls, so I tend to lean towards the male side. However, Aika U-Noss is perfect for me!! Even though she only wears SD13 boy shoes and it's really hard to buy clothes for her, I love her hands, her feet, and her overall aesthetic. She's awesome. :D

So the answer is if I could get my hands on another U-Noss, I probably would have another girl doll. Otherwise, well... I'd still get guy dolls. XD

11. When I first started liking and buying BJD I only liked girls... Don't know why but I preferred them! At the moment I thought I would NEVER buy a boy but now I'm buying a new Doll and well... Its a BOY! I think either is fine but not everyone thinks the same way! And about the head, I think I would do that although I haven't done it! There are many boys that look like girls so buying the head to put it in a girl body would be okay...

12. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?
      When I first started the hobby, I didn't see any male dolls that really made me want them. I could see why other people might like them, but they just weren't for me. Then I saw a BllueBlood Doll Waltz, and I had to have him. Don't know what it was about him, but I had to have him, and am currently saving for him. Then, when I was looking through the DoA 6th Anniversary competitions, and saw InfinitiDoll Chris, and I really liked him too - definitely entering that comp!

Not really - I mean, if I like the look of a doll, then I do, regardless of sex. But.....

Following on from the previous question, I do sometimes see dolls and say 'I would love that as a boy/girl." I really want a female Luts Junior Delf Rigel, and I love the Luts Kid Delf Boy version of Aru - it is probably the face up, but I would love him as a her. I don't think that they look like the opposite gender, and hence should be, I just would love them as the opposite gender.

13. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you? At the moment, I have one boy and another boy on the way.

If you do, would you consider ever buying the opposite gender of doll? Yes, though it would be something in the very distant future. There are some GORGEOUS female sculpts, I'm very fond of Iplehouse Freezia and Cherie, Souldoll Phillipa and Shiva-G, and Domuya Ida, but I don't see any of those happening for a few years.

Does the sex of a doll make them more appealing to you? Yes, I've always been very invested in watching the way males interact with each other. I love writing about them having bonds as friends, lovers, or enemies. The whole testosterone thing fascinates me. I can easily write an entire novel length story and end up only including one or two females, where their most important purpose ends up being a catalyst towards even more important events. I'm a girl, I'm a lesbian, most of my friends are girls, but I just prefer male characters.

Would you ever buy a head of the opposite sex to use on the doll (maybe because it looks like the opposite gender)? I would. For a series my girlfriend and I tend to buy bjds for, we already have two heads in mind that will be going on the body of the opposite sex. My girlfriend's first bjd is a boy head on a girl body and I think she looks great. I can see myself using a girl head for a boy, especially with a little modding.

14. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?
      Nope, I don't mind. I find both male and female dolls very attractive! (in fact, I'm currently debating with myself if I should buy a female or male doll..)
      I seriously don't mind whether the doll is male of female; to me, it's all about the feeling I get when I look at them.

No, but their build does. I like girls with wide hips and pretty breasts, so that's what my choice in a female doll would be. However, I like muscular, mysterious men.. and there you have my choice when it comes to male dolls. ;)

Errr. Isn't that like.. cross-breeding. No thanks! xD

15. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you? I tend toward male dolls most of my characters r male but I have one female right now and at least two more to complete the story line. I do not really have so much a preference as a look or sculpt type, which means my females have to have smaller breast sizes of a more petite girl and tend to be similar in facial structure to the males.

If you do, would you consider ever buying the opposite gender of doll? I don't have a preference i mean there are more things that I prefer in different sculpts that make the decision on which gender the doll is.

Does the sex of a doll make them more appealing to you? Hummmm I have to say male, because I am so much more picky on which kind of female, it has to be so specfic for me to find it attractive for my own collection even though I may like scuplts of other peoples female dolls. I just have more male characters so I tend to find a lot of males that I like.

Would you ever buy a head of the opposite sex to use on the doll (maybe because it looks like the opposite gender)? Oh yah, I would, the reason being I have seen it done on several of the dolls my friends have and it always looks fantastic

16. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?
      No, not anymore. I used to only collect girls but one day I got a sudden urge to own a boy. I decided, "Just one boy," and now I have two and a head, with another one planned. :lol: My boys will outnumber the girls!

When I wanted only girls, I wouldn't consider a boy. I really thought I would never want one.

I don't think it matters. It's more of the attraction of the face/body sculpt of the doll that draws me in. Lately, that's happening more with boys.

Definitely! Some heads look amazing as the opposite gender.

17. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?

It was my intention to only buy all male dolls because I'm buying for already created characters, and they're all male. That and I don't overly like females all that much (human - in anatomy and parts nothing meant for personality wise for friends lol and doll form.. yes I'm female myself). Though I wound up craving for a doll I can dress in the beautiful dresses I've seen, and as none of my boys are cross dressers that's how my tiny came in. For large dolls.. I'm going to be sticking with only boys.

I'm just going to relate this to the larger doll aspect seeing that I tend to keep them all male. There are some female molds that attract me enough to think about getting them, but never with enough pull to make me buy one. (Aside from a Soom limited that's been and passed.)

Very much so, not only for character wise.. but I'm drawn to the male bodies for my adverse reaction to disliking female bodies. (That and many of my friends would call me a perv because I am very drawn to male anatomy)

I would if it's what I'm looking for and would convert to being male nicely.

18. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?

No...but I should. I buy boys that tend to sell.

I always consider buying dolls of any shape, color, gender...none of that matter with whom I like, but I find that I tend to sell my boys to buy more girls. I like making them clothes and I am not great at pants so it's harder for me to make the boys clothes. And my roommate has mostly boys so I feel as though I have many.

I don't think one gender tends to be more appealing than others, I tend to buy pretty dolls....i like pretty.

19. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?
      So far I have ordered two tinies, which are childlike thus androgynous and non-anatomically correct. I rather like that about these dolls, I can change what they are if I decide. That said, I have a foggy notion of my Pong being male-ish and my Ante being girly.

Not, really, ownership wise. Though I find the pics of the really gorgeous male ones are more fun to share with friends...

I love androgyny, so that sounds like a fun doll. I think my ideal (if I could afford it) would be to have male/female twins of each sculpt, the duality of the sexes...

20. Do you only buy one sex of doll? Why do/don't you?
      Yes, because my three favorite characters I want to make are all male, and for my money situation right now three is ambitious.

Maybe one day, if I find a female I like.

Defiantly. Even when I draw figures I prefer the male body to the female.

Yes, especially for my pretty boys, hehe