1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Only-Doll Discussion Part 1

Aug 25, 2011

1. Just ordered Qing Tong with Alice's Collections' 10% off and free faceup event! I'm so excited, she's so beautiful ^-^ she'll be my second MSD size.

2. Congrats on ordering your Qing Tong, [MENTION=68018]MissyMagoo[/MENTION]! I take it you're enjoying 1/4 dolls? I know I'm addicted to the size range. :XD:

3. Thank you [MENTION=42740]PeppermintPocky[/MENTION]! I really am :) my current 1/4 girl is a little harder to handle/pose than my tiny, but I'll get used to her! I just find her a more pleasant size overall.

4. My Han-bi got a new faceup and will be going to my niece as Pris from Bladerunner.
      [​IMG]Pris by SteamWitch BJDmama, on Flickr

5. @SteamWitch Oh! Fantastic face-up. Those aqua eyes really pop! Love Bladerunner, btw. :thumbup

Over the past few weeks I've been crafting props for a Memorial Day photo shoot (cherry pie, picnic table, hot dogs, etc.) and thought I'd share one of the photos with this thread. Here's my Only-Doll Tingyun chilling out with my Doll Love Hugh.

[​IMG]

Memorial Day Picnic by Mint, on Flickr

#325 PeppermintPocky, May 23, 2015
      Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    6. [MENTION=42740]PeppermintPocky[/MENTION] Even if it's for a friend, it's so nice to see someone else who ordered Xuan Yan! She and your other dolls are so lovely.~

Mine was to shell my oc Ceri, who's a gothic lolita. But she isn't very happy with it. I had been debating between her and KDF Basil to shell her, and maybe I really should have gone with Basil. Acts rather thuggish all the time, I'm probably going to make a delinquent character to match her.

7. Thank you, [MENTION=68997]Ceri-Ethereal[/MENTION]. I'm really excited about Xuan Yan. She looks so much different compared to when I received her; I've painted her nails, decided on a shirt, made her some jewelry (necklace/earrings/bracelet/rings), and am *almost* ready to buy her true wig. Oh, and I made her some 1/4 scale donuts because... donuts. I'll snap a photo once she gets her wig.

Your Gothic lolita girl sounds awesome; I'm sorry the sculpt doesn't seem to be cooperating. KDF Basil is a lovely doll, too, should you decide to buy her. <3

8. [MENTION=42740]PeppermintPocky[/MENTION] I'm excited to see all of the cool things you've made for her! It's near impossible to find any owner photos.

Thank you so much! I do kind of look forward to creating a new character though, so it's not all bad. Basil has been calling out to me for six months now. I'll get her when I'm sure I'll have the money.

9. I would love to get xuanyan and kexin heads to make custom face ups on. I think their molds are lovely :)
      Plus they are affordable which is a bonus!!!

10. At their price, I think they're perfect for experimenting with new styles too. Be sure to post pictures if you do get them @Marika21!

11. I definitely will!! If things go well im eyeing xuanyan on eBay so i may go for it :D

12. I know on Alice's Collections, the heads alone are only $30. It might be a good route, if you can find a proper resin match. Not too big a fan of my girl's body. [MENTION=65662]Marika21[/MENTION]

13. Aaah that's even cheaper! I think i will definitely get them :D thanks [MENTION=68997]Ceri-Ethereal[/MENTION]
      And are their bodies no good then?

14. Happy to spread what little I know! [MENTION=65662]Marika21[/MENTION]

I only have my Mystic Kids in person to compare my Only-Doll, but I like the body a lot less. It's stiff, yet doesn't hold poses. Maybe it's just because mine isn't happy with her character, but that's my experience.

15. [MENTION=68997]Ceri-Ethereal[/MENTION] Well for that price it's definitely not gonna be as good as others :/ i guess as long as it holds a head,that's a start :")

16. [MENTION=65662]Marika21[/MENTION] Mystic Kids dolls run around the same price as Only-Doll ones do. But even in my meet, everyone was certain he was much more expensive than he is. It's a shame the resin match between the two is poor, or else I'd get her one of those bodies.

17. [MENTION=68997]Ceri-Ethereal[/MENTION] I will have to have a look at Mystic kids . There is just so many companies that i like I am scared to look at others :/ My poor wallet XD

18. [MENTION=65662]Marika21[/MENTION] I can't speak for the company as a whole, but at the very least, my Sean came out nicely. I've been looking at Francis and Gene from them as well. They have a nice blend between anime and realistic, as do Only-Doll sculpts.

Your wallet may suffer, but at least it won't suffer as hard a hit at their price!

19. @Ceri-Ethereal

...you win *takes a look* ...

Oh my so pretty!

*cries in the corner*

though, the prices are definitely awesome!!!

another company to add to my list :P

I LOVE OPHELIA's Dramatic look. she caught my attention as soon as i opened the front page.. Im scared to look further

I think we are deviating from the topic so im gonna spam about them to appropriate thread XD

20. Oh, the Mystic Kids minis are lovely, @Marika21 and @Ceri-Ethereal. I own a Lillian, myself (and have Tremmel on my wishlist). :XD:

In regards to Only-Doll bodies, I have to say my boy's is comparable to minis I have from Dikadoll, Bambicrony, Doll Love, and Dollzone (older version). He holds poses better than my Bobobie/Resinsoul boys but I prefer the bodies of my Loongsoul and Angel Fantasy dolls (both amazing posers --- I think they pose as well if not better than my MNF!). I'd probably rank MK above OD in terms of body, too, but only slightly.

I would say I have too many minis but IMO that's not possible. ;)