1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Only-Doll Discussion Part 1

Aug 25, 2011

1. Unfortunately, after my RuoDie was released from customs, she got severely damaged - or so I was told on the phone. I didn't get to see the box at all, it's being returned to Mint on Card immediately :(

2. Oh, that's terrible!! I'm so sorry to hear she was damaged. Hopefully, though, Mint on Card will be able to take care of things quickly for you. At least they didn't send her clear to you only for you to have to send her off again.

I ordered KeXin today, and the dealer says it should be 25-30 days for shipping. I don't think she's coming EMS, so I imagine I'll have her in about 6 weeks' time. I ordered pink skin with eyebrows colored to match the wig, since I'm getting the full set, and without the glued-on eyelashes.

3. I'm so sorry about your RuoDie, Evelien! Didn't she have "fragile" sticker or something? If yes, I can't imagine what they did to your dollie to damage her THAT much~

Heiroglyphica Do you know if those 25-30 days are "normal" or "business" days? I hit one month on the 23rd... Then again, I ordered with custom face up and then there's shipping...*sigh*

I want my boy NAO! XD

4. I never got to see her box, so I don't know about the fragile sticker. :( If she's sent back immediately without me getting to see her, it must be really bad :(. Mint on Card promised to take pictures of the box when she arrives with them...

5. Mirabilis, it says working days in the eBay listing for my KeXin, so I suppose business days. I completely forgot that part originally! Oops. Still, not too bad! I ordered my girl on the 13th, but I'm still eager to get the message she's been shipped. Hopefully yours will be off soon, then!

Evelien, It sounds like it was bad, then. I really am so sorry. And MoC is temporarily closed while they're in China, too, aren't they? I hope that doesn't delay things further. ;.; At least a couple of your other dolls got home safe to keep you company!

6. I just got message from the eBay dealer, saying my TingYun will ship next week! YAY!
      They were delayed because of the Chinese New Year holiday...even with delay it's only a month wait!
      And I still haven't ordered his proper eyes and some new clothes - lazyness, it's a bad thing...

Evelien MoC's site says no new orders can be placed. I believe they have left someone in charge to deal with already existing orders and answer questions... I'm sure it will all be well soon! :)

7. Oh, congratulations!! You'll have to post pictures once TingYun's home. Did you buy from liwenjie0310 or wa20091122, may I ask? I ordered my KeXin from Wa, but I bought my DollLove Yoyo from Liwenjie before, and can say she was great to deal with.

It'd be very good if they are still handling things like that so your doll can get home to you sooner, Evelien.It's horrible having to wait.

8. I ordered him from liwenjie0310. I had like bazillion questions and (s)he answered them all in 24h, sometimes even the same day! Very good English, always polite...I can say only good things about him/her! :)

Ugh, I'm already getting impatient about my boy~ I just hope he arrives safe and sound...and fools customs >8D

The good thing about being the only BJD owner in my country - customs think BJDs are Barbies and therefore - cheap! :lol:

9. lol I hope he fools customs, too, then! Sounds like a good and bad thing to be the only person around you with BJDs. It's fun to have someone to share the hobby with.

I have to agree, Liwenjie0310 was an absolute pleasure for me, too. The only thing I could nitpick is that (s)he didn't give me hand 6 instead of hand 5 like I'd asked. But it was a very small thing and I was just so happy to have my doll that I didn't care. I think KeXin had been cheaper through Wa20091122 since I was getting the full set, otherwise I'd have stuck with him/her again.

Wa20091122 has been a total pleasure, too, though. Always super quick to reply (I've gotten answers in as little as 1 hour before) and even remembered that when I'd first asked before buying KeXin that I'd asked about getting her without her eyelashes. I'll have to see how things are when she arrives, but so far I would completely recommend both sellers.

I hope your boy has a quick and safe trip home to you!

10. Ignorant customs is the only good thing about me being the only owner! I am kinda lonely, but there are forums...I might be changing countries soon anyway! :lol:

I actually have a completely custom face up on my TingYun...with description, using pics of different lips, eyeshadow & stuff, let's see how he turns out! I'm very curious about that! XD

11. I really don't know of anyone else in my area that collects, either. Luckily my wife loves the hobby as much as I do. If you do move, hopefully you can find some others who collect to meet with.

Oh, you'll definitely have to take pictures, then!! I'd love to see how it turns out. I've mostly stuck with small requested alterations of the default face-ups, and never gotten a totally custom one.

12. Yep, I also need to shoot comparison pictures with KDF. :)

I really want to order him eyes...but I don't know how big OD's gauges are (I use smaller sized eyes, they might gap), so that has to be done post-arrival *_*

I requested a lot of alterations - I paid extra 15$ for completely custom face up + some other things I had requested and don't remember XD

It's going to be one loooong week~ And checking mailbox every.single.day. for invoice the days after...

13. I still need to order eyes for KeXin, too. Wa20091122 told me she takes 16mm, but while there's a pair of purple glass eyes I think will look lovely for her, I picked up a lovely pair of mulberry colored 14mm acrylics that I'd like to try as well.

Oh, definitely sounds like a busy week, and an exciting one! I still have a month to wait for both KeXin and my Kid Delf, and I want them NOW! XD

14. I just got a message saying that my TingYun has shipped! :D
      And so, the most agonizing part of The Wait begins...

15. Oh, congratulations to you both!! Wendy is sooo cute!! I'm so happy she got to you safely at last~

It's approaching the 1 month mark for my KeXin, so I'm hoping soon I'll get word that she's ready.

Mirabilis, I hope TingYun gets there soon!

16. Congrats on your RuoDie, Evelien!
      I'm checking my mailbox nervously every day XD

17. Thanks guys! I hope your KeXin and TingYun arrive soon!

18. Today marks one month since I ordered KeXin (whom I've decided to name Meilin), so I'm hoping within the next week I'll hear from my seller letting me know she's shipping. ^.^H

Has TingYun found his way home yet?