1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Only-Doll Discussion Part 1

Aug 25, 2011

1. Another TingYun! :D YAY!

I've been sick the past week and didn't even go downstairs to check the mail! xD
      I might check it today, but I've given up all hope of receiving him before Thursday, when I go on a 3-day trip~

2. malvagitabella, congratulations!! I really like how you did the faceup, especially his eyes! He's very cute ^^

Mirabilis, don't you have a tracking number?

3. I do have one, but as I have found out with Chinese airmail, it's completely useless. As far as I know, he might as well be sitting in a big storage room, waiting to be shipped...xD

4. Malgavitabella, your TingYun is so cute! I love his eye makeup especially~

I know what you mean, Mirabilis, until it arrives at your door Chinese airmail tracking is useless. Multiple times I've had them come up with no information the entire time they've been in transit.

I hope you feel better, though! And that your TingYun comes before you have to leave.

5. Hee, thanks guys! I plan to take more pics of him this weekend and hopefully show off more of him. Right now, though, I can't seem to get his upper chest joint to cooperate with me. But I may try re-hotglue sueding him and see if that improves matters. I think he's strung too tight but, honestly, I HATE dealing with stringing. As long as he isn't strung so tight it's hurting the resin, I'd rather him tight than floppy.

I'll work on it, though. :D

And, Mirabilis, I hope you get your boy soon! He is just too cute for words. In person he just stole my heart.

6. Please post more pictures of Yellowjacket, malvagitabella! He's really cute! I knew pink skin was the right choice~
      Did he come well strung? I hate dealing with stringing...
      I also prefer my dollies tightly strung, as long as it doesn't hurt the resin~

Ps: writing with my mobile is paaain

7. Ugh, so tired of stringing. I'm still putting together the eight we sent off for some blushing back together. T.T

I agree on the resin color! And with the questions about stringing. Someone's got a video up for KeXin which helped, but I'm still curious to hear more. I tend to like tighter stringing as well, so long as they're not painfully tight.

8. My TingYun is here!!! :)
      In the post office, actually. xD I can go pick him on Monday, why are they closed on Sundaaaaays :...(
      He passed customs with no charge, but I have to pay a small (around 4$) handling fee. Handling fee for what? For walking to the post office and picking him up myself? D:

9. I'm so happy for you and yay, no customs fee!! (Besides the $4... ;))

I wish you a very happy box opening tomorrow!!

10. Only-Doll, yes! I came across these dolls while browsing eBay (they have a shop there. In English). I was surprised there wasn't more pertaining to them here on DoA. I'm very partial to that MSD-size girl with the lavender wig in the promotional company photographs. I believe her name is Ke Xin? I like Only-Doll's sculpts. Are they a recently-established company?

11. Indeed, they are a very new company! You can see the first couple posts in the thread - the dates on those is when the company first appeared. Welcome to the frontier of a new company ^^

12. Got my doll...and a big *** nasty surprise. He has the default face up, a wonky eyelash and pretty much NOTHING I requested. Heck, I paid EXTRA 15$ just to get the stupid custom face up...He has the type of eyebrows that I loathe (upturned near the end). I'm so pissed right now, I have no idea what to do. I messaged liwenjie, but I'm sure (s)he can't to anything about it... :|

13. Oh, I'm so sorry :-( I hope liwenjie replies fast!

14. (S)he just did. Offered to either refund me my 15$ or have me send the head back for face up. He's cute...in his own "me no gusta" way...I guess I'm sending the head back.

15. Oh, that's terrible about the face-up!! I'm glad he arrived safely, but that's so disappointing. I'm glad liwenjie at least refunded you the custom fee, but if they can't give you the face-up you wanted with a return maybe they can offer a discount and you can order one from someone on here?

I'm a little nervous now about my girl! Really I only requested different color brows, though, so here's hoping! And the eyelashes... Did they look spidery-crinkled, Mirabilis? The ones on MoC's KeXin were like that, which is why I requested they be left off my girl.

Here's hoping you're able to get everything worked out quickly! Hopefully all the hassle won't interfere with bonding at all.

Welcome, Read it and Weep! KeXin's actually the girl I'm waiting on. I'll have to post pictures when she arrives for sure if others are interested in her. <3

Today marked 25 business days since I ordered KeXin, so I'm checking my messages constantly for a note that she's ready. I'm so nervous!! I hope she ships soon...

16. I will post pictures of the box opening when I get home. He was packed perfectly! The box is very shiny and doesn't weigh as much as my KDF's.
      I'll also post body review and comparison with KDF. A word of caution for those interested in hybrids - OD's pink skin is NOT a match for Luts normal. Luts is much more yellow, and my boy is brand new and not yellowed at all.

Edit: Link to box opening thread: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?507862-Only-Doll-TingYun-Remington-Box-Opening!

17. He really is a beautiful doll, Mirabilis, weird eyebrows and all. I hope you're able to get the proper face-up, though, even if it means waiting a little longer.

I wasn't planning a hybrid, but after someone in here asked I was curious to see how the resins compared, too, since I ordered a normal skin KDF Kiwi a few days after KeXin.

Seeing your box opening made me so anxious for my girl!! I swear I keep checking my ebay messages every hour to see if I've gotten word on her yet. XD

How does your boy pose? Is he tight, like you were wanting?

18. Hello everyone :3 I just ordered a XiYu through MintonCard. It's my first MSD. I ended up getting the normal yellow skin because it was what was in stock. How yellow is the skin really?

19. Congrats on your purchase, HoushiChan! KeXin and my KDF Kiwi are my first MSDs, too. I'm really eager to see how this size looks and feels, since most all my dolls are 70cms. Even a normal SD felt small compared to them.

If you ask, there's a chance MoC could take a picture of your doll before sending it. I almost ordered my KeXin from them, but after seeing her pic I knew I wouldn't be happy unless I requested purple eyebrows, since I got the full set. I got her in normal pink, though.

(By the way, the fact that the Yo-SD Chuqing's outfit is totally coordinated with KeXin's makes me want to get her a little sister.)

20. @Heiroglyphica Yep, he's strung perfectly. His neck hook is a bit small though, I might change it.
      I shot few KDF comparison pictures, the difference between the two bodies/skin tones is quite big. OD's body without head is almost as tall as the KDF one with head...pics will be up soon! :)