1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Only-Doll Discussion Part 1

Aug 25, 2011

1. Picz~

Only-Doll body: made in March, 2012 [pink skin]
      Kid Delf body: made in June, 2011 [normal skin] [no yellowing, has been kept in box]
      Bodies have never been blushed.

Pictures have been taken near a window, for maximum natural light.

Head cap comparison. Only-Doll is on the left. As you can see, the KDF is yellower~

[​IMG]

Body comparison. OD is taller than KDF.

[​IMG]

Skin colour/Height comparison. OD's shoulder is positioned higher (the body is taller).

[​IMG]

Zoomed in~

[​IMG]

Kid Delf Bory head on OD body. It's actually not connected to the body, because OD gave me small hook. But I think you can attach the head, after some string/hook adjusting.

[​IMG]

And finally, neck comparison. You can clearly see the smaller S-hook.

[​IMG]

2. That's great to hear about the stringing!

I see what you mean about the S-hook. I might need to hunt for an extra to change out KeXin's when she arrives. I'm surprised by the height difference, but both dolls are lovely. The Only-Doll pink skin is so pretty~ I can't want to see it in person. Thank you for all the pictures!!

3. Oh, yes, the pink skin is lovely!~
      Also, the body is seamless, sooo smooth and nice to the touch....I sound like a pervert xD
      I actually scratched myself on a seam line on Ren's body. Lines have been sanded a bit since then, but still...

4. lol I felt like a pervert last night, too. I was all "His skin looks so pretty and smooth! I wanna touch it~!" X3

I'm glad about the seams. Though now I wonder about Kiwi's... But that skin really is a lovely color! And hopefully they'll be quick to give him a better face-up for you so you can enjoy him more.

Have you picked out any clothing for him yet? I'm getting the full-set, but was hoping to see if the KDF Oriental Doll outfit would fit her (if Luts ever gets it back in stock... XD). Suppose I have to wait for both girls so I can compare measurements, but at least looking at your comparison it seems like the height difference is mostly due to the legs. I'll have bust to take into consideration, but from yours it almost looks like the only-doll body is more slender. Is it?

5. Yep, OD's body is more slender, but not as much as a slim mini. Most MSD clothes would fit it perfectly. The waist is a bit smaller than KDF, so pants from LUTS might be a teeny weeny bit bigger, but not as much as to fall xD
      I have some clothes lying around, but I'll order more soon. I need s-hooks and some other supplies anyway.
      Shopping for dollies - Y U SO ADDICTIVE?

6. :3 my doll came today! It was great after a stressful day of AP chemistry at school... our lab messed up big time and my face was burning... he burned all my stress away...

7. Oh, congratulations, HoushiChan!! Did you put up a box opening thread? I hope he was as lovely as the promo pics. From what I've seen, they seem to keep the face-ups pretty close.

Sounds good, Mirabilis. The outfit's got a skirt, so should be fine, so long as bust measurements are close. I'm just waiting for Luts to restock that outfit and the pink Strawberry Cream set. You're totally right about how addictive shopping for dolls is. Wah!

I gave in and sent a message to my seller, since it's been over 25 business days. Here's hoping my girl's about ready!!

8. Ooh, pretty!! I love the nail details in the hands and feet. And his face-up is lovely~ He's got a lot of personality. I really like that about the Only-Dolls. Each one has such a strong expression, and it's so easy to put a personality to them.

So, what do you think of your first MSD? Nice size, or prefer larger?

9. Congrats on your new boy, HoushiChan! :) Do you have any idea how you are going to name him?

I hope your girl ships soon, Heiroglyphica! I'm think I'm almost as excited as you are! xD

Now I suddenly have the desire to buy Remington a skirt...he'd look cute in it! *Is off to browse clothes*

10. Congratulations HoushiChan, what a gorgeous boy!!

11. Thanks everyone! ^o^ I have no idea what I'm going to name him, except that its going to be a Korean name. I'm in love with the MSD size. I prefer it to tinys and I haven't touched an SD in forever but the MSD size is really comfy :D

Only-Dolls really do have a strong gaze. I love to stare into his eyes ^^"

Heiroglyphica I hope your KeXin comes in soon :D I almost ordered a KeXin but I had the craving to order a guy hehe.

12. XD A skirt sounds cute for Remington, Mirabilis! It can be hard to find skirts and dresses that fit larger male dolls, but I bet it'd be easier with a MSD.

I'm happy you're so excited, too!! ^.^ The dealer wrote back and said they're very busy, and to please allow 2-3 more days. If it really will only be 2-3 more business days, then OMG I'm excited!! As soon as I receive word she's shipped, I'll post here. I really can't wait!! I think she's got the cutest little cupid-bow mouth.

Aww, thanks, HoushiChan! I really fell for her when I saw her. And it seems like we all love TingYun, too. X3 I'm glad you like the size so much, too. I'm so used to my 70cms, but I love how easy to play with my tiny is, so I'm hoping the MSDs are a good medium.

My wife actually has a doll with a Korean name, too. He's ByungJoon. ^.^ I'm sure she'd be happy to help if you need any opinions.

13. I hope you'll hear the good news this week, Heiroglyphica!
      Somehow I always knew MSD size is the best for me~ Bigger dolls didn't seem...cuddly (?) when I first discovered BJDs (which was summer 2010 I think). I always looked at MSDs and tinies, but admired bigger dolls for their beauty and finesse.
      Also, back then the price for a 1/3 was not something that attracted me - what if I'm not into BJDs? What am I going to do with him/her?
      And MSDs are very easy to carry around - just place them in a bag pack and voilà!

14. >///< I absolutely loooove MSD size!! It's sooo comfortable.

I did decide to name my XiYu &#48149;&#48120;&#46041; (MiDong Park) after who I think was my childhood imaginary friend. >.> My mom keeps telling me I would always talk about him but she never saw him or knew who he was... and I gave him my surname ^^

Here's a picture of him. I switched his blue eyes with my only pair of extra eyes which just happened to be his size luckily, and his silver wig doesn't look as unnatural anymore.
      [​IMG]

15. He looks great with his new eyes!
      I went and bought brand new acrylics and will do Remington's mani/pedi some time today...if I'm not too lazy and actually manage to find my brushes! xD

16. Those new eyes really do look good, Houshi! And I love the story behind his name. ^.^

Good luck with the mani/pedi Mirabilis.

Sorry I'm being quiet, but I haven't been feeling well. ;.; And still no word on Kexin shipping! BUT I got word today that the KDF Kiwi I ordered like a week after her shipped today! So I guess I'll just be getting them in the opposite order I expected.

17. I hope you fell better soon, Heiroglyphica! Congrats on your incoming girl, my Ren took only a month to ship.
      I did Remi's nails, but didn't like them. I'll wipe them and redo them today~
      Haah, I want his head back home q.q

18. Thank you. I'm going to the doctor today to find out what's up.

Guess what? Not even an hour after I went to bed, I got a message from my seller. KeXin's on her way to me now, too!! I'm going to be waiting for both so excitedly; too bad Chinese post tracking numbers seem to be worthless. XD

It took just a few days over a month for Kiwi, too. I'm impressed! I hope you get Remi's head back quickly, and with much improvement. I've got a head off, too, and I'm so nervous about him. ;.;

lol At least you're brave enough to try a mani/pedi! Good luck with take two!

19. That's so good to hear! Your Kiwi will arrive before KeXin. My KDF took only 3 days to ship, while Remi took...16 days? Kiwi...now I want to eat kiwis...