1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Oops, did I just buy that?

Jul 28, 2010

1. I so want to spend some time and money wigging, eyeing, dressing and shodding all the dolls I already have.

But i must admit that i have been looking at your Minette too.

2. I don't think there's anything wrong with impulse buys, under the precedence you've got the money for it. xD On that note, I've saved munnies for all my dollies, and haven't "impulse bought" any of them. I do impulse buy things like shoes and clothes though xD
      Though, those may not count since they've not exactly things you have to save up for.

3. Sometimes, I have a set amount of money for dolls but not for anything specific, and I will impulse buy accessories or clothes with it.
      The closest thing I had to an impulse doll buy was when I saw Dollshe Husky was discontinued and going out of stock everywhere. After thoroughly freaking out (internally) about not having enough money to get him, I manage to scrape up enough money to get him, and I wasn't planning on it for another year.

4. Hard to believe I never posted in this thread, but search says no. So! Yes I have done many an impulse buy. Most have been good, at least in it gave me a chance to see doll in person and play for awhile. But a lot was a regret. I have been sorry, but then again I have also been pleased. So it balances out. I guess if in end your happy, what harm is there?

5. Almost half of my resin hoard is because of impulse buying. My second doll was one I saw in eBay, and I was saving for a girl but bought a boy. Almost every other doll purchased has been an impulse buy. And now, I mostly blame Soom and their limiteds for my empty wallet. But the bills are being paid and these dolls have a roof over their head, and I still have them all. So, I have no regrets. :)

6. It's not so much dolls that I impulse-buy but clothes! I bought some jewellery, stockings and leggings for my dolls yesterday without meaning to :s

Accessorize is having a sale and their charms and miniature pendants are perfectly scaled for BJDs, I bought a bracelet with pearls and a wishbone that fits like a long pendant on a SD-sized doll and a tiny cameo pendant that just needs the chain cutting down to fit an SD or a new chain to fit an MSD. I love finding little bargains like this!

While I was browsing etsy last night I discovered Plume Blanche Creations and their amazing clothes, so I bought some stockings and leggings!

I suppose I can justify these spends by the low price for the sale items and the fact that my dollies have hardly any socks, but it doesn't disguise that they were impulse buys!

7. I impulse bought the Island Doll Crystal I'm now waiting on the other day.... XD This should be interesting.. My Fiance almost did the same thing with the DZ Moment.. XD

8. Well, it wasn't really an impulse buy, but I definitely said to myself "Oops, did I just buy that?" tonight. Been hovering over a AoD girl I've wanted, and was checking the shopping cart info and shipping and such as I have so many times before... and nonchalantly hit the order button this time.
      Whoops?
      :doh;)

She was on a sale, with free 2nd head & faceup and stuff, how could anyone justify NOT buying her? I mean it's not like it's Christmastime or anything and money is tight..... oh wait.

9. Can't say that I have really impulsed bought anyone or anything.
      My Pukipuki, maybe just a little, but she wasn't an extreme amount. I just hadn't really been planning to buy a doll anytime soon, I saw her, loved her, bought her.
      Do I regret it? No.
      It probably saved me a lot of hours of "Should I..or Shouldn't I.." xD
      Other than that, I tend to really think my purchases over before I make them.
      Sometimes I probably think them over TOO much.

10. I've never bought on impulse before,but I know what you mean about the buyer's remorse thing. I obsessed over Lan and Soso for over a year before I decided to buy them. I ordered them from DDE on the same day,and afterward I felt weird about it. Did I really just spend that much money? I freaked out a little bit,but then all I had to do was look at pics of my dolls and watch box openings. Then I remembered how much I really wanted them.

11. ^After seven years, this still happens to me everytime I buy a doll, an outfit, or a pair of eyes. I never buy on impulse; when I see how much I'm freaking out when I've actually planned to buy something, I don't think I'd survive an impulse buy.

12. Two of my dolls are completely impulse buys.

The first was my HDF Pie. I saw him on the LUTS site and fell in love with his chubby little cheeks, and into the cart he went!

The second was my DoT E-an, who I bought off the marketplace. Fell in love and, before I knew it, I had purchased her.

13. oh, this is terrible. I just came out of the figure hobby and this will be a problem. DX Ah well, ramen is good food.

14. Guess how I ended up with five dolls on the way (well, four and a body, the head arrived this week ;)), plus lots and lots of stuff for them... I did sell lots of things to afford it all though, so I guess it isn't too bad. But yeah, I'm impulsive, lol.

15. I do that all the time, especially with fantasy parts on the market place^^

16. For a long time I was so good at not buying on impulse, or buying much at all. Then I discovered paypal + instock items. Knowing the thing I wanted was instock and ready to be sent to me, no production times... it's very tempting. Plus, if it's instock, I might just miss my chance if I don't buy it now! So, um, I ended up with a few new dolls that way, along with wigs and eyes.

17. Almost, I remember really debating whether to get a Sooah and almost got her. But I had another doll coming and wanted to hang out with the one first, also the one that arrived ended up becoming the character I would have given Sooah.
      Also I remember when Kamau was release in LB at the Iple site, I was majorly tempted, but I came to my senses before I bought him. I think if you really want a doll, wait three days. If you still feel the same then go for it. Otherwise it could be doll lust - which just fades away. You never know what's around the corner, it could be something you want even more.

18. Honestly, probably half my dolls are impulse buys. My first resin girl I got b/c I didn't see an end to the DD body shortage. So I said what the hell, why not get a resin to tide me over. My first MSD was sort of impulsive. And my most recent girl was definitely an impulse buy. I asked for more pictures and once I saw what her old faceup looked like I came up with a name and it was over lol.

19. guilty! i blame when things are in stock or sales really. just got a rosenlied dress but i know it would go out of stock and i loved it. impulse bought a yosd because of a sale so i had to get the dress for her plus one from the market.